Hout 'bout them DAWGS?

SmyrnaTank

From what I seen Smyrna has one of the BEST feeder programs hands down. Not to mention the freshman group this year! They are huge!!!

What kind of possibilities do you think this holds?

Some of the noticeable freshman this year are Deon meadows, Jerimiah Bryson, Hunter binkley, Nate smith, and John turrentine.

Remember those names because they will mean something in the next four years.

and for some background info, one of these Freshmen(nate smith) Is the younger brother of the Jacksonville Jaguars starting D-tackle BIG John Henderson.

some stats fore these freshmen.

J. Bryson-5'8 175lbs RB/DB

D. Meadows-6'1 200lbs RB/LB

H.Binkley-6'1 295lbs OL/DL

N. Smith-5'11 330lbs OL/DL

C. Turrentine-6'6 315lbs OL/DL

These are some of the major standouts.

Discuss

Typo'd the topic...oh well lol

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bulldogs will be just fine! Not only do they have some great players coming up if the coaching stays intact that will be a big plus also! I know you are very lucky to have coach Wyant he is not only a great coach but he's also a great person! All Smyrna's coaches have done a great job thats why they are back to back state champs! I have a feeling this is just the begining of something very special in Bulldog country!

Smyrna next year

Key Losses:

QB Sonny Gray

WR/DB Rod Wilks, Will Martin, and Jonah Hendricks

TE/FB Kelly Thomason

FB Brandon Hendricks

LB Josh Day

LB Tony Carr

DB Jesse Torres and Donovan Craig

OL James Hudson, Tyler Montgomery, Quentin Allen, Kassidy Spence

DL Jeremy King and Kyle "Sackmasta" Frazier lol

K Adam Woodard

Key Returners:

Fr. RB Jeremiah Bryson

Jr. WR Cody Hager

Jr. OL/DL Tyler Eady

Fr. LB Deon Meadows and Soph. LB Drew Garner

Jr. DL Anthony Smith and Westley Cadena and Soph. DL Dakota Woods

Jr. DB Corey Cammon and Soph. DB Andrew Jenkins

K Logan Misenheimer

My Opinion:

The question for Smyrna next year will be leadership. Bryson will only be a sophomore and there will be a new QB. Current Sophomore Josh Woodard is the projected starter next year. The defense doesnt lose much and will be a force and could be even better if any of those freshman lineman play defense too.

The offense loses SOOOO many weapons. Who will play on the other side of a Hager at WR? How will Woodard fill in Sonny's footsteps?

Well personally as a player for Smyrna. I've heard rumors of QB Josh Woodard Switching to reciever, and the freshman QB Kyle Freeman starting. Whether they are true or not I don't know. But I DO know that Kyle Freeman throws a better looking long ball than Sonny, His accuracy is not as tuned as Sonny's is.

And YES the Middleschool did go undefeated for the 3rd time in a row.

And the main Freshman D-tackle, Nate Smith, is Benching 310 and squating 404.

VERY IMPRESSIVE STATS FOR A FRESHMEN.

I feel that Smyrna won't be as good this coming year but the year after when jerimiah is a junior and Senior, we will be unstoppable.

As for the WR questions, Steve Wilson, 6'3 180lbs. and Parish Gaines 6'3 195lbs may just start, both are FRSHMEN as well.

This is a VERY promising group of kids.

Well personally as a player for Smyrna. I've heard rumors of QB Josh Woodard Switching to reciever, and the freshman QB Kyle Freeman starting. Whether they are true or not I don't know. But I DO know that Kyle Freeman throws a better looking long ball than Sonny, His accuracy is not as tuned as Sonny's is.

And YES the Middleschool did go undefeated for the 3rd time in a row.

And the main Freshman D-tackle, Nate Smith, is Benching 310 and squating 404.

VERY IMPRESSIVE STATS FOR A FRESHMEN.

I feel that Smyrna won't be as good this coming year but the year after when jerimiah is a junior and Senior, we will be unstoppable.

As for the WR questions, Steve Wilson, 6'3 180lbs. and Parish Gaines 6'3 195lbs may just start, both are FRSHMEN as well.

This is a VERY promising group of kids.

Ya know, I was tryin to remember Freemans name. I think Woodard is better suited as a WR with his height and athleticism. Plus we could use Woodard in special packages because he CAN throw the ball. Is Freeman mobile?

Very exciting to hear about Wilson and Gaines. I've never heard them mentioned before. Are they speedy too cuz they already got Rod beat in height.

Congrats to smyrna on the win. I think Independence gave the game away with turnovers. Don't think Smyrna is the better team as far as talent goes. They played better on this particular night. That's the way it is. Don't forget there is no I in team. Bet the team gets a little tired of hearing how great Sonny Grey is. He is a good athlete for sure but not the best I have ever seen. Wish him well however. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />