Hout 'bout them DAWGS?

SmyrnaTank

Smyrna completely Demolishing Indy is old news. However, if you think independance has more talent than smyrna did, you are mistaken. First off We have a Mr.Football WR who has already commited to UT vols. Second off Sonny Gray wasn't even that great against INDY. A FRESHMAN WON OFFENSIVE MVP. And your QB got flat owned. to Further my point. WWW.Independance.justgotowned.com

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smyrna completely Demolishing Indy is old news. However, if you think independance has more talent than smyrna did, you are mistaken. First off We have a Mr.Football WR who has already commited to UT vols. Second off Sonny Gray wasn't even that great against INDY. A FRESHMAN WON OFFENSIVE MVP. And your QB got flat owned. to Further my point. WWW.Independance.justgotowned.com

Didn't say indy had more talent than symrna. Just as much talent as smyrna! Mr. Football WR congrats to him. Never really cared too much for the Mr. Football stuff. I think alot of good people get overlooked. So what if he signed with UT. He will probably be on practice squad for awhile. Not a UT fan at ALL. Hopefully he will get an education out of the deal at the least. Think MVP awards are over-rated. Let's see how many of these athletes go on to the next level.......

Well, I can tell your not a UT fan. With the Young UT secondary they are EASILY going to start Rod Wilks. His brother Started his Freshman year there at UT as a DB.

And Sonny is going to Vandy. and Cody Haygar is going to UT as well. Not to mention many others who have yet to commit.

Uh....his brother did not start as a freshman at UT. You might better check your info a little better. In fact, he was suspended several games if you recall for the interstate incident and just about lost his scholarship. He was starting this yr but lost his spot to a freshman I believe.

Uh....his brother did not start as a freshman at UT. You might better check your info a little better. In fact, he was suspended several games if you recall for the interstate incident and just about lost his scholarship. He was starting this yr but lost his spot to a freshman I believe.

Uh .... you might better check your info! You are right he did not start his freshman year BUT Marselous was red-shirted his freshman year, he did get into some trouble, but he served his suspension for that, then all charges were later dropped. He lost his job to a freshman this season because he blew out this knee against Alabama.

Uh .... you might better check your info! You are right he did not start his freshman year BUT Marselous was red-shirted his freshman year, he did get into some trouble, but he served his suspension for that, then all charges were later dropped. He lost his job to a freshman this season because he blew out this knee against Alabama.

Which means he didn't start as a freshman as the poster tried to claim.

Smyrna's team next year could be a phenomenal squad. Everybody wants to say oh graduation graduation blah blah but with Shadowens and the coaches we have I'm proud to pass the reigns down to the team next year and watch them win.

number 15 Nick Richardson will be a beast at DE AND TE

# 58 Anthony Smith DE freakin monster

#31 Drew Gardner best linebacker on the team.. Over shadowed by bigger older ( and one freshman) players.

#12 Keasey Freshman Rb this year against riverdale freshman 7 touchdowns.

Jenkins,Quiebidoux,HICKS THE BIG MAN CAN RUNNNNN, Smyrna has some talent coming back and alot of experienced guys.

a few facts on this situation ( all quotes from chattanooga free press)

1. he never nearly lost his scholarship

"The coach was determined to avoid a 16th incident. He wasted little time in suspending his redshirt freshman corner for four games, including California and Florida.

"I was probably a little too hard on him," Fulmer said Tuesday. "I'm sure his family thinks I was too hard on him. But I know he's a better man. And I think I've got a pretty good player there now."

2. he did start some games last year as a redshirt freshman

"

Maybe that's why Johnson received the Andy Spiva Award in spring practice for being the Vols' most improved defensive player. Maybe that's also why the 5-foot-9 Johnson and 5-foot-9 senior Antonio Gaines will start over the fabulous freshman Eric Berry, who most believed would be in on the field from the opening snap of the season."

3. he was completely exonnerated in the incident you noted

After numerous delays, a jury found Johnson not guilty of simple assault. Two weeks ago, Fulmer gave him even better news.

"He told me I was going to start," Johnson said. "I called my mom. I'm a mama's boy. I talk to my mom every day. She was so excited. She never quit believing in me."

4. he did not lose his job to a freshman he started every game unitl he injured his knee an injury requiring surgery

from the tennessean:

Tennessee first-string cornerback Marsalous Johnson did not start Saturday's game because of an unspecified injury.

The sophomore, a former Smyrna High standout, had started all seven games this season and was sixth on UT in tackles with 25.

just wante to set the record straight /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

one more thing david cutcliff is recruiting rod as a wr and he told me face to face at smyrnas practice he would start now in meachams spot at ut. So if he is going to be a db or practice squad no body to told the associate head coach.