Nick Coutras Awards

tbp0137

As just heard on 104.5, Antwaun Majors won the Nick Coutras Award that receives a $5,000 scholarship to the school of his choice. I am very proud and excited about the news, and want the committee as well as the general reader to know that this individual is what should embody high school athletics, from his work ethic, to his unselfishness, to his balance between three sports and the classroom (and that they made a great pick). It is also awesome to hear about the other finalists stories, and I know that these young men are going to be successful in their very near futures, on and off the field.

This is an outstanding award given by what I have heard to be a great ambassador for the sport during his time (and obviously now through this award), Mr. Nick Coutras. Congrats to all finalists, and to Antwaun.

Congrats to this young man and hopefully he puts that college money to good use. It is not everyday that someone beats out Sonny Gray.

I agree...a neat part of this is that both Majors and Gray overcame the loss of their father early in their careers and used this tragedy to excel in their respective sports...104.5 did a good job with the whole thing, and this could be an award that gets more exposure (at least we should all hope so).

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• Great to meet you too.  We're going to work hard to get back.  
    • I extend my gratitude to ManCoverage for initiating this discussion thread tailored to the residents of Trousdale County. In times of adversity within our football team, it is imperative to have an outlet for expression, and what better platform than CoachT's Craigslist forum? I respectfully request that GOAT exercise discretion in his commentary, as his remarks have caused me personal distress.
    • I am inclined to wager a substantial portion of my financial assets on the likelihood that Waggoner shall transition to an alternative coaching vocation prior to the year 2028. It is my contention that discerning individuals are beginning to perceive his coaching prowess as lacking in the requisite excellence. Allow me to articulate the following assertion: Waggoner represents a markedly superior choice compared to the individual who perpetrated the act of fuel theft.   This individual exhibits a conspicuous propensity for frequent professional transitions, a trait which undermines his credibility and renders him an untenable choice for serious consideration. It is indeed confounding that his candidacy continues to garner attention and support.
    • Yeah same   It’s definitely true that tough times make tough kids, but some kids just have a big passion for the game and will become the best of the best no matter where they come from.
    • Hope you enjoy it King and good to meet you at state this year. Good luck to the Lady Landers. Keep battling.