open Tournament help

3rdperiod

Ibleedpurple.... ARe you wrestling for the Vanderbilt club? I know MT is wrestling at Vanderbilt soon.

Yeah, I actually restarted the club last year and am its president. Coach Stevens, Coach Lanter and I have been doing a lot of work to set up the dual which will actually feature MTSU's team and Lee University's team on January 26, the week following the Cumberland tournament which we also plan to attend.

That is awesome! Vandy used to have a pretty awesome club team. Never had a lot of guys, but the guys they did have were usually really tough. I look forward to seeing you, I plan to attend that match. Also, Jared Swint from Cumberland is also the open division director for Tennessee. If you are interested in open tournaments, he's the man to talk to. I believe there is one at Kings College in Bristol, Tn in January. Also, Chattanooga is having one in February. Shoot me an email yaboyhamm@yahoo.com if you need more help. Good luck this year!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

That is awesome! Vandy used to have a pretty awesome club team. Never had a lot of guys, but the guys they did have were usually really tough. I look forward to seeing you, I plan to attend that match. Also, Jared Swint from Cumberland is also the open division director for Tennessee. If you are interested in open tournaments, he's the man to talk to. I believe there is one at Kings College in Bristol, Tn in January. Also, Chattanooga is having one in February. Shoot me an email yaboyhamm@yahoo.com if you need more help. Good luck this year!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Yeah, it wasn't too great last year with only about 5 guys. This year we have a total of about 15 that come on and off, and I know that at least 10 of 'em will be competing for us at various weights. The team doesn't look half bad, we almost have all the weights filled and we have a couple of pretty good guys including state placers (one from Maryland and former Brentwood Academy standout Yoseph Beki) so we're pretty excited to see how everything goes. Heck, I even have high school recruits e-mailing me /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I appreciate the info. It's always hard for us to find open tournaments in or near TN that fits into everybody's class schedule and everything. I guess I'll see you at our match if I don't stop by a high school tournament or two sometime before then. Thanks again.

does anyone have info on the open at utc.

Also APSU is tryin to start a club wrestling team as well...

That's good to hear, I know a lot of former wrestlers that go to Austin Peay. If you guys could get one started before January 26 we'd love to host you here at Vanderbilt to make the dual a quad.

Do you know exactly who is trying to start the club down there? If so, could you give me their contact information? I'd really appreciate it.

That's good to hear, I know a lot of former wrestlers that go to Austin Peay. If you guys could get one started before January 26 we'd love to host you here at Vanderbilt to make the dual a quad.

Do you know exactly who is trying to start the club down there? If so, could you give me their contact information? I'd really appreciate it.

ya... email me ashingler14@apsu.edu

im working on it, by myself. So if u know any former wrestlers at Austin Peay tell them to email me...