ranked freshmen

orangecrush101

Brennen Cox (Independence) had a great showing yesterday at the Raptor tourny, winning at 145. He beat a very good senior from Beech in the semis 8-4 and Myers from Greenville in the finals 9-1.

Ernie Overton (Indy) was another impressive freshman taking 3rd at 103.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brennen Cox (Independence) had a great showing yesterday at the Raptor tourny, winning at 145. He beat a very good senior from Beech in the semis 8-4 and Myers from Greenville in the finals 9-1.

Ernie Overton (Indy) was another impressive freshman taking 3rd at 103.

Whichever Cox this is, do you have to keeping tooting Brennan's horn? Brennan is a good young wrestler and will compete for state championships. If you really wanted to see how good he was, he should have been at Father Ryan where the big boys with names like Konz, Cash, Marchetti were. Brennan wrestles in the 5th place match there.

Congrats on winning the Ravenwood tournament but stops the rah rah!

I apologize, I was not aware that following up a Beech fan's post about how well they did at Ravenwood with how Independence's two freshman did one who happens to be in my family would bother you. I only posted the results I did not say anything about the future or how I think he stacks up against anyone else.

Ill call Independence's coach and tell him to get an invite to Ryan,where the big boys are, and Ill keep to myself from now on. Sorry

I apologize, I was not aware that following up a Beech fan's post about how well they did at Ravenwood with how Independence's two freshman did one who happens to be in my family would bother you. I only posted the results I did not say anything about the future or how I think he stacks up against anyone else.

Ill call Independence's coach and tell him to get an invite to Ryan,where the big boys are, and Ill keep to myself from now on. Sorry

If i came off a little strong, sorry - its just i've been listening to this for several years. Brennan is good enough to stand on his own. Let him do his own talking on the mat like i'm sure he will.

If i came off a little strong, sorry - its just i've been listening to this for several years. Brennan is good enough to stand on his own. Let him do his own talking on the mat like i'm sure he will.

bnabna59 who are you?? Let me say this I have watched Brennon wrestle for years also. He is very good especially for a freshman. He has been wrestling for at least 7 years maybe more. He has competed in several national level tournaments. His dad and the rest of the family love and live wrestling. He is a big dog, If I'm not mistaken he has already wrestled Cash the weekend before. And about the Ryan tournament it is hard to get into. Beech has tried to get in for years. THe Ravenwood tournament has some very tough teams from out of town and Clarksville who would have done very well in the ryan tournament.

bnabna59 who are you?? Let me say this I have watched Brennon wrestle for years also. He is very good especially for a freshman. He has been wrestling for at least 7 years maybe more. He has competed in several national level tournaments. His dad and the rest of the family love and live wrestling. He is a big dog, If I'm not mistaken he has already wrestled Cash the weekend before. And about the Ryan tournament it is hard to get into. Beech has tried to get in for years. THe Ravenwood tournament has some very tough teams from out of town and Clarksville who would have done very well in the ryan tournament.

werazzlin who are you? I too have watched Brennan wrestle for several years and think has a chance to compete for multiple state championships(starting next year) but this year I don't think he is a big dog. I don't think he is a small dog either. Maybe he is like a bulldog. Not as big as a lab but not as small as a pomeranian..... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I know his family loves wrestling but I don't see other parents promoting their kids. If it is not dad, its his big brother. My point was that Brennan is good enough to stand on his own 2 feet without any family promotion. I don't see other parents promoting their freshman like Martino, Duncan, Hooker, Bauke, Hoop, .....

As always this is my opinion and everyone is entitled to one. I think Brennan is a fine young man and I wish him well.