The Daniel Boone Challenge

bucdaddio

First things first. Schedule change on day one. Schedule will now be as follows:

Thursday, 12/27

4:30 - Cherokee vs. Mitchell County, NC

6:30 - Daniel Boone vs. Unicoi County

Friday, 12/28

4:30 - Unicoi County vs. Mitchell Co., NC

6:30 - Daniel Boone vs. Cherokee

Saturday, 12/29

1:30 - Unicoi County vs. Cherokee

Highlights from Day One:

Cherokee and Mitchell Co., NC looked like a pretty even matchup, with Cherokee holding a slight lead at the half, but in the second half, Mitchell Co. hit a whole 'nother gear, and blew the game wide open, showing both speed and shooting ability, and won easily. I do not have the final score, as I am old and my memory fades. I will post final score and box scores tomorrow.

Game two was perhaps a mild upset, as Unicoi Co. defeated Daniel Boone, 48 - 43. Unicoi started hot, and Boone trailed the entire game, by as many as 10 at one point, before pulling to within 3 with 12.2 seconds left, but they could get no closer. For Unicoi it was mostly Mainer, as she seemed to be everywhere, and for Boone it was all Caldwell, who finished with 30.

Highlights from Day One:

Cherokee and Mitchell Co., NC looked like a pretty even matchup, with Cherokee holding a slight lead at the half, but in the second half, Mitchell Co. hit a whole 'nother gear, and blew the game wide open, showing both speed and shooting ability, and won easily. I do not have the final score, as I am old and my memory fades. I will post final score and box scores tomorrow.

Game two was perhaps a mild upset, as Unicoi Co. defeated Daniel Boone, 48 - 43. Unicoi started hot, and Boone trailed the entire game, by as many as 10 at one point, before pulling to within 3 with 12.2 seconds left, but they could get no closer. For Unicoi it was mostly Mainer, as she seemed to be everywhere, and for Boone it was all Caldwell, who finished with 30.

if anyone besides caldwell shows up boone wins. no post help from the bench and 10 and 22 are a combined 2-20 from the floor.

Mitchell, NC 74, Cherokee 57

Mitchell only had 4 FG and 17 points in 1st half and then exploded in 2nd half. Blevins had all her 25 in 2nd half for Mitchell and Norris had 21 of her 26 in 2nd half to led Mitchell. Maybe Caldwell and Mainer should team up and play Blevins and Norris in a 2 on 2 game tomorrow.

Cherokee led practically the whole game in a low scoring affair until the 3 minute mark of the 3rd quarter. Cherokee lost Ewing and Price to 4 fouls with an 8 point lead at that 3 minute mark of the 3rd. The next 3 minutes was an 18 point swing. Mitchell County never looked back. Terrific second half shooting from the Blevins kid.

First things first. Schedule change on day one. Schedule will now be as follows:

Thursday, 12/27

4:30 - Cherokee vs. Mitchell County, NC

6:30 - Daniel Boone vs. Unicoi County

Friday, 12/28

4:30 - Unicoi County vs. Mitchell Co., NC

6:30 - Daniel Boone vs. Cherokee

Saturday, 12/29

1:30 - Unicoi County vs. Cherokee

any scores from friday games?

Caldwell had 21. That gave her 51 pts. for 2 games, I'd say that's not bad.

Mainer from Unicoi had 52 pts. for 2 games.

Mitchell Co.'s Samantha Blevins had 53 pts. for 2 games.

Lakin Norris of Mitchell Co. had 48 pts. in 2 games.

If you weren't there, you missed some outstanding performances.

I think Mitchell Co. success in this tournament shows just how good the Cloudland Lady Highlanders are in this area. They beat this same Mitchell Co. by 11 points at home on Dec. 21 and have beaten both Boone and Unicoi who are always good teams. I don't mean to brag and I don't mean to toot our own horn, but TOOT!! TOOT!! The Cloudland Lady Highlanders can bring home a gold ball for east Tennessee. /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />