Shelbyville KES Inc 16u

Sidetrain

I know that this board is mainly for fast pitch but I like some people to know about a team that has alot of fast pitch girls on it. Yes, it's a slow pitch team but so far they are hard to stop. They have run ruled every 16u team they have run into and played a 19u team for everything they could take (Lost it by 3 runs). The girls on these teams play for Shelbyville Central and Community (Unionville) and I believe there is one from Cascade. They are headed to the USSSA World Tournament in Lubbock, TX. Even if this is not fast pitch this an accompishment too. After this summer all the girls will start working on their fast pitch batting. I love fast pitch but some times slow pitch can teach you fundmentals of fielding. Shelbyville had a good season last year and they expect to do better this coming season. For the girls from Unionville we are working on starting a fall team for the girls (18-13) and girls 12u to help develop them for the future. GOOD LUCK GIRLS THIS SUMMER AND NEXT SEASON

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a 10u A Team based out of Chaple Hill called the Tennessee High Voltage. These Girls have played about 60 games of softball ball this year and love it.

It seems like The Shelbyville area is going in the right direction by getting these fast pitch travel teams started. Also Kes Inc is the main Sponsor of our team along with T&S Sports.

• 2 weeks later...

You are correct in saying that the good player have gone to fastpitch but some of these girls tel me they play slowpitch for the fun of it. Now for me I wish they would play fastpitch year round but I just a dad. I can not make my daugther play if she does not want to. Believe me I tryed. I took her to Brentwood to try-out for the Nighthawks and Mr. Marshburn said you would play for them. Buit the key statement is "I took her". Now after the girls come back from Lubbeck, TX serveral of these same girls will be playing in Tullahoma Fall league and in some fall tournaments. Some caoches in the area have told them because they played slow pitch this summer they WILL NOT play this spring for them. Now if this happens it will be a sad day for the game of softball and the schools these girls play for because of the talent they have. All they need to do is work on timming of their bats and they will be back in form. The feilding is still the same. We have one girl that pitches on this time and her dad says she will play slow pitch as long as she wants. Now she will need to work more than the rest because pitching windmill pitches is an art but if she wants it she can do it with a little encouragment.

GOOD LUCK GIRLS AT THE WORLD TOURNAMENT

I agree slow pitch is for recreational. But my daughter played in the Shelbyville League for years.

And she decided that if she was going to get anywhere

in the fast pitch game, she would have to go elsewhere

because Shelbyville was never going to go fast pitch at

that time. If they go now it will build our High Schools in Bedford County. My daughter name is Tabitha

Floyd and she has found a great deal of success with

fast pitch, she was able to get a college schlorship

with it. You say that defense is the same, I disagree

you have your whole infield on the move for steals and

bunts. Slow pitch doesn't do this. You can steal in

fast pitch and if children play slow pitch there reflexes are a little slower until they keep repeatly

work on this. I hope any child that wants to play slow

pitch does. But like I said earlier it would help our

high school programs out a whole lot if children would

fast pitch during the summer and be prepared during the spring. Good luck with you in the world.

THANK YOU I agree with what you said. I hear you daughter is helping with the East Bedford girls. Will tell her thank you from Jim Graves of Unionville. She does not know me but Tammie and Willie Carter do. People like your daugther is what going to get Fastpitch softball off the ground in Bedford Co. We are going to have a Fastpitch tournament on September 20-22, 2002 called Leslie Cates Memorial Fastpitch Softball Fall Classic. If she would like to get sanction to umpire if she is not coaching or playing please tell her to tell Willie or Tammie. I'm sorry that we could not have met early. She did a great job as a freshman at Motlow. I hope her summer has gone will.

What she did in college is the reason our district would not pitch to her. KEEP UP THE HARD WORK.

JIM GRAVES

Thank you for those nice words for Tabitha. She

and her father are trying to show the smaller girls

how to pitch and hit. I believe if fast pitch doesn't

work out this time in Shelbyville, I don't believe it

will ever will. But that is just my opinion. I don't

know how her schedule will work out for the fall

tournament, but she is hoping to get to participate

some how in the tournament. If any girl works as

hard as she has they can go any where. I hope all

children have the opportunity to expand there ability

to play fast pitch. Because that is the game of the

present and the future.

Thank you for those nice words for Tabitha. She

and her father are trying to show the smaller girls

how to pitch and hit. I believe if fast pitch doesn't

work out this time in Shelbyville, I don't believe it

will ever will. But that is just my opinion. I don't

know how her schedule will work out for the fall

tournament, but she is hoping to get to participate

some how in the tournament. If any girl works as

hard as she has they can go any where. I hope all

children have the opportunity to expand there ability

to play fast pitch. Because that is the game of the

present and the future.

This past weekend the girls won the USSSA Slow-pitch State Tournament in Manchester. The played Manchester Maddness 16u. It was the best game these two teams played all year.

Now July 23 they leave for World Tournament in Texas. They will represent Shelbyville and Tennessee in the World Tournament so good luck Girls.

We Got HORNS!!!!!(2 outs)