Upperman/York

Fan16

To single out LaShay is wrong. You cannot point fingers at these kids and say oh that is the problem. Maybe people should look at the real issues with the program and not point fingers at the girls. The girls are only going to do what they are told to do by their Coach. Davis is not the only player at Upperman, she is surrounded with support. She just tends to step up to the challenge more so than others do. Every team has to have a leader. There are others who contribute each and every night. Maybe they do not shine like LaShay does, but they are just as important. I have seen Maynard play extremely well. Maybe they are in a slump or maybe the FUN has been taken out of the game. Who knows?

Everyone wants to single Laken out in J. Co. Why? She is good, one of the best I have seen in a long time. She moved to a program that is extremely strong year after year. She did what was best for her. And everyone talks about her. That is wrong. If she was your daughter would you not want her somewhere to better herself and maybe even her future. I would! J. Co can but 5 players on the floor and everyone of them can score. I have watched them play several times and they are just good. The bench is strong and they beat you down. Yes they lost to Livingston (but they are strong also to be young), but J. Co did not play their best. Laken and Courtney and Misti all stand out but they each contribute in different ways. Laken won Mid-South MVP and then Misti won MVP in the Florida tourney. So they stood out at different times. I watched J. Co beat Upperman twice. And both games Jim put 5 players on the floor on every play that could play and play well.

The adults need to be adults and stop picking on the kids. It all boils down to which teams are prepared the best and what players decide to show up at Game Time!!!!!!

WELL SAID!!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is basketball a reflection of our society?? Where the most talented players are expected to carry their teams? Looks like teenagers are no allowed to have fun playing the game of basketball. It is now a year round sport. What happen to just loving the game and playing it? Maybe all the aau playing is causing the players to want to transfer around?

Coaches design plays around individuals putting more pressure on the players. Basketball in some cases doesn't resemble that it is a team sport.

I'm not singling out anyone. To answer the question, I think baxters Davis is a talented player. I think she has alot of pressure on her jmo. Plays are designed for her just like other teams have plays designed for their talented player or players. I think LaShay will have a great college career. However, I think we need to let the teenagers be teenagers. Let them love playing basketball. Enjoy the sport.

I heard a rumor that Dana was leaving Baxter. Like I said it was a rumor. I think Dana is a good coach. I do think she gets out coached at times. Not dising baxter players, fans nor the coaching staff.

I think basketball is a reflection of the attitudes of having to be the best. Why not just have fun? Play the game and enjoy it. The posts that I deleted wasn't intended to offend. It wasn't well thought out. This is the posts that I should have posted first. My apologizes I wasn't try to slam Lashay nor baxters coaching staff.Cause, I do think LaShay is a good player and has loaded potential.

Is basketball a reflection of our society?? Where the most talented players are expected to carry their teams? Looks like teenagers are no allowed to have fun playing the game of basketball. It is now a year round sport. What happen to just loving the game and playing it? Maybe all the aau playing is causing the players to want to transfer around?

Coaches design plays around individuals putting more pressure on the players. Basketball in some cases doesn't resemble that it is a team sport.

I'm not singling out anyone. To answer the question, I think baxters Davis is a talented player. I think she has alot of pressure on her jmo. Plays are designed for her just like other teams have plays designed for their talented player or players. I think LaShay will have a great college career. However, I think we need to let the teenagers be teenagers. Let them love playing basketball. Enjoy the sport.

I heard a rumor that Dana was leaving Baxter. Like I said it was a rumor. I think Dana is a good coach. I do think she gets out coached at times. Not dising baxter players, fans nor the coaching staff.

I think basketball is a reflection of the attitudes of having to be the best. Why not just have fun? Play the game and enjoy it. The posts that I deleted wasn't intended to offend. It wasn't well thought out. This is the posts that I should have posted first. My apologizes I wasn't try to slam Lashay nor baxters coaching staff.Cause, I do think LaShay is a good player and has loaded potential.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Hey devilish i told everybody you didn't mean it! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> I wasn't just talking about what you wrote its just people on here been dishing quite of few player's. ask yourself as a fan we put a lot of pressure on these kid's ourselves. We clap and yell when they do good i have even heard some when one gets hurt laugh and make remarks while a player is on the floor. This is a fan to be ashamed of i would like to take those kinda fan's out behind the woodshed lol /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> When our kid's lose what is the reaction of the fan's and parents? Dissappointment, is that what it is? Is that what our kid's see. Maybe we don't mean to do this but it happens. I think they all need around of applause for the time and effort they put in it and i wish we could see this more. I love the rivalry thing but leave it on the court and be bud's off the court. I hope i didn't offend you to bad but thats what these thing are for is to air it out. Hope i did this with respect if you think not i meant it to be respectful.. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" I will see ya at the game Friday!!! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Hey devilish i told everybody you didn't mean it! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> I wasn't just talking about what you wrote its just people on here been dishing quite of few player's. ask yourself as a fan we put a lot of pressure on these kid's ourselves. We clap and yell when they do good i have even heard some when one gets hurt laugh and make remarks while a player is on the floor. This is a fan to be ashamed of i would like to take those kinda fan's out behind the woodshed lol /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> When our kid's lose what is the reaction of the fan's and parents? Dissappointment, is that what it is? Is that what our kid's see. Maybe we don't mean to do this but it happens. I think they all need around of applause for the time and effort they put in it and i wish we could see this more. I love the rivalry thing but leave it on the court and be bud's off the court. I hope i didn't offend you to bad but thats what these thing are for is to air it out. Hope i did this with respect if you think not i meant it to be respectful.. I will see ya at the game Friday!!!

No offense took. I deleted the posts casue it was a stupid post. I didn't word the post right. I think maybe the expectations of basketball is more pressure for the players. As a fan, I would be lying if I said that I didn't like to win. I think society has oozed into basketball. It is no longer seen as a season sport, friendly competetion, good sportsmanship. How many times have we seen elbows thrown, players act like they were kicking at the ball when they were kicking at the player.??Wrestling techniques?? IMO way too many. Talented players like LaShay are expected to carry the burden of carrying the team. I'm sure she can do it. As a fan, I like the responsibilty spread around the team. It is not fun watching players having the responsibility put on one person. Yes, I have been disappointed when we have lost. I think it is an automatci response. Maybe one that has been learned through the years.

I agree with the rivarly being on the court and buds off the court. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I encourage this. However, I think teenagers loose their freedom and leisure time when they play all season and have more pressure put on them. It is rough enough being a teenager without having to be a super player in basketball. No matter whom you're.

I think the game with baxter will be closer than the first two. I think Karissa Dyer will have a big night if JC leaves the back door open. I think JC will take control in the fourth quarter.

No offense took. I deleted the posts casue it was a stupid post. I didn't word the post right.

aw crap. I have tried to write a reply 3 different times. And I cant get it to say what I want either.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

By the way, and for what it is worth. I like the good old days of 3 sport stars, only playing your sport when it was in season, and may the best team win. But I realize those days are long gone. My kid happens to love a sport that she is not exactly the best at, but she loves it anywaya. She plays hard all the time, and her only goal is to be better today than she was yesterday. That is what sports are all about, in my mind.

(If I could get her to play against others the same way she plays against me, she would have a much better time of it) /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Yall are too funny. You are talking about these girls and their teams like they are a commodity. It's like everyone thinks they own the best race horse and you're betting everything on it! Too funny!

/flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Yall are too funny. You are talking about these girls and their teams like they are a commodity. It's like everyone thinks they own the best race horse and you're betting everything on it! Too funny!

lol /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Yep these are very special commodities they are our future and my future looks bright! I could bye a race horse cheaper than what some of these parents have spent on thier kids in a year playing ball. I would not dare bet on any of them they are all too good the odds wouldn't be right!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> By the way anybody know if its tax deductible!!lol smile have fun on us ole folgies!!! or least i am getting there...

Upperman will do just fine. They lost a great senior class last year that had played together for years, so that was a BIG set back. But they'll get on track. LaShay is a great player, Jennifer (to me is the most consistant, even if she's not scoring she's getting all the lil things done), Megan can flat out shoot (needs to do it more), Clarissa (just break out and use that size to rough people up) The girls will get it together and no one should overlook them. I'm as big of a JC fan as it gets, but I can see the good in other teams (it's not a sin) /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

There you go again picking on the kids. If you keep up you would know that a different girl usually is the high scorer each night. Friday it was Dyer last night it was Roberts. Look at the assists fron #14 and you will see it is not all about the points. Some nights it is her night and some nights its someone elses time to step up. That is how you play as a team. The Upperman girls play very well together and spend alot of time together off the court also. They are a close team. There are several young players and they are getting stronger every game. Roberts, Carter, Biles and Hammock are stepping up and doing a great job when needed. Upperman lost Taylor, Simmons. Borsgenson, and Tisdale were the four that graduated I think and this year they have one senior Watson which has had several good games this year also. They have 3 girls on the team that played alot last year so they have alot of growning and maturing to do as a team. Someone has to be a leader and that is what Davis is. Give credit where credit is due. I go to almost every game and I just don't see where you see that one player makes all the plays?? Watch the team and stop focusing on just one player and pointing her out no names were mentioned but you have already posted the same thing once with the name. Just be happy that girls bball is so strong in this area and we have so many good players on all the area teams.

They also graduated Kelsey McDaniel who was hurt and didn't play hardly any her Sr. year but was a huge asset to the Bees when she was healthy.

You are so right. I love to get on here and read about all the teams and kids and get all the scores. I am proud of all the kids on the teams and for all the effort they put forward. Building confidence is important and by talking about these kids is not doing that at all. There is always people from every area that has negativity toward some kids you just have to learn to overlook them. It is great to hear from you and look forward to Fridays game. Good luck to JC and the girls from an Upperman fan. They have a great team and hope its a good game.

Thanks for the luck we at JC are going to need it. If the girls don't come out a playing ball and hitting thier shots they are going to have a game. Upperman has had a hard loss and knowing Dana she is going to give it her all this aint going to be no give me game. JC better get it together! Good luck to you too!!! Blue Fan