MOORE COUNTY ATLETIC PROGRAM

blazing109

Well well well look at MC. They looked good last night even with players quitting and injured. They still have a few things to work out though well more than a few but they looked pretty decent. 21 I think is the Taylor girl looked really good running point. She got a really good crossover. And where did number 40 come from. I havent seen her play all season. She was open plenty of times but her teammates never looked at the whole floor to see it. When they finally did she scored but they went back to not feeding her the ball. With her playing post and them not having much height on the team they will need her down the stretch. I wander how they utilize her in practice because she looked a little lost on defense. I am pretty sure with a some guidance from her coach in practice she will get better and stronger. I commend her on her efforts on the court while in the game. Time and experience will make her a pretty decent player finishing out the year.

As for Cully, wow what a game. I think MC underestimated them just a tadbit huh? They came out starting pretty good but when MC tried to change up their defense into a 1-3-1 Cully took advantage of it. MC at times had the wrong players together the floor just was not balanced. I think Cullys players and coaches saw that as a positive for them and shot the daylights out of the ball behind the arc while MC sat back and let them do it. It was over all a decent game but I hope these coaches and players go back and look at the tape and fix those minor mistakes that were made. Good luck to the two teams in the coming weeks.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well well well look at MC. They looked good last night even with players quitting and injured. They still have a few things to work out though well more than a few but they looked pretty decent. 21 I think is the Taylor girl looked really good running point. She got a really good crossover. And where did number 40 come from. I havent seen her play all season. She was open plenty of times but her teammates never looked at the whole floor to see it. When they finally did she scored but they went back to not feeding her the ball. With her playing post and them not having much height on the team they will need her down the stretch. I wander how they utilize her in practice because she looked a little lost on defense. I am pretty sure with a some guidance from her coach in practice she will get better and stronger. I commend her on her efforts on the court while in the game. Time and experience will make her a pretty decent player finishing out the year.

As for Cully, wow what a game. I think MC underestimated them just a tadbit huh? They came out starting pretty good but when MC tried to change up their defense into a 1-3-1 Cully took advantage of it. MC at times had the wrong players together the floor just was not balanced. I think Cullys players and coaches saw that as a positive for them and shot the daylights out of the ball behind the arc while MC sat back and let them do it. It was over all a decent game but I hope these coaches and players go back and look at the tape and fix those minor mistakes that were made. Good luck to the two teams in the coming weeks.

I believe that 11 Garland ran point most of the night and 31 Howell some of the time. If 21 ran point it may have been late in the game. 40 has been around all year and does add needed height to the team. She comes to MC with little experience, but will help down the road. She missed a game earlier in the season where she would have gotten a lot of floor time. The other key post has been out with a broken ankle and will return before tournament time. As you noted, there is always a need to capitalize on improvement in certain areas. I believe they will continue to improve as they gain expeirence. All the girls did a fine job against Culleoka. It will only be better when everyone is back on the floor.

If you are refering to the Columbia Academy game that she would have gotten alot of play time that is true but I heard she had to miss the game for an academic opportunity that she had already committed to and could not be resheduled. I believe their coach and her had already talked about this and had it squared away but ummm I am pretty sure that is not the only game she could have gotten experience in since we are midway through the season about to head into district.

As far as who ran pt friday night it depended on who was on the floor at the time and who could actually got the ball across with limited turnovers. 21 ran pt early in the game not later. How do I know, because when 11 was on the bench in the 1st and 2nd quarter 21 was at the 1. When they were both on the floor together it depended on who actually got a rebound and wanted to bring the ball up the floor. So they swithched up. If both were out and 31 was in she brought it up and Boise did a little too dependin on the people on the floor and if she had a clear lane to get across half court. These 4 are capable of bringing the ball down the floor but it depends on the situation at the time.

If you are refering to the Columbia Academy game that she would have gotten alot of play time that is true but I heard she had to miss the game for an academic opportunity that she had already committed to and could not be resheduled. I believe their coach and her had already talked about this and had it squared away but ummm I am pretty sure that is not the only game she could have gotten experience in since we are midway through the season about to head into district.

As far as who ran pt friday night it depended on who was on the floor at the time and who could actually got the ball across with limited turnovers. 21 ran pt early in the game not later. How do I know, because when 11 was on the bench in the 1st and 2nd quarter 21 was at the 1. When they were both on the floor together it depended on who actually got a rebound and wanted to bring the ball up the floor. So they swithched up. If both were out and 31 was in she brought it up and Boise did a little too dependin on the people on the floor and if she had a clear lane to get across half court. These 4 are capable of bringing the ball down the floor but it depends on the situation at the time.

I do believe #40 has played in atleast 6 other games, so I guess she has gotten more playin time than you thought.

We actually made it to this game with hype of the boys game since I haven't been to Moore County for good game. I assisit with boys during the season we played Saturday. Garland #11 is going to be a real decent player. She handler herself well. Taylor #21 she did just as well. They both can run point just two different styles. Taylor pushes the ball more and has learned to cross and fed the post more and Garland is well more than real good driver and shooter. Two good athletes I saw & but two others ran point and I thought maybe since the point guard was hurt on the bench and with the lead the coach was trying different combinations. Good win for them. I know nothing about the post player. I heard some interesting information. The Taylor girl is transfering after this year. I think the team will still be in good shape. Good luck MC.

The boys game was exciting one of the best I seen all year. I know these two teams will meet maybe once if not twice even before state maybe. The matching of the two guards was brillant until Mario got that 2nd foul early. Jean shat well in the first half with MC going in with the lead. MC needed to get more of the players/post in the game in the 2nd half. It was a close game could have fallen either way. It's just started to get good for both teams. So good luck to you both.I enjoyed watching you play.