Farragut vs Lenoir City

dream n it

If one would look back to the summer when Coach Shane Wells took this job and questioned whether or not he was committing career suicide in going home to Lenoir City, they should now open their eyes and have their foots removed from their mouths. As many supporters of the young Wells told you, he gets the best out of his players and is one of the best guys to play for around. The Lenoir City team even as young as they are (only have 2 seniors) are competing against the older, more seasoned teams in the region. The players at LC love this guy, and would do anything he asked them to do and not look back. That is something that sports programs have lacked around the LC area for a few years now.

As for the game against Farragut...... Lenoir City led by as many as 8 throughout the game and had Farragut on their toes for the majority of the 2nd, third and fourth quarters. Farragut had some very clutch shooting from their guards that got them back in the game when Hood was benched with foul trouble. I cant honestly say from watching that Farragut played that bad, they shot from the line well, shot about average and didnt turn the ball over much at all. I think Lenoir City is just trying to show people that they need to start to circle their dates with LC and not look at them as a pushover. The district tournament is going to be one of big interest. This team doesnt quit when they are down and by looking at their record, it is very deceiving...... the only big loss they had was to bearden at bearden and if i remember correctly the game was cut to 13 at the beginning of the 4th. The boys played Maryville to 14 at maryville with the game being 8 with 2 minutes to go. They battled back from 15 down to take the lead late against halls at halls. These are very good basketball teams that usually dont include the likes of Lenoir City. All i have to say is look out.

Coach Wells and the rest of the staff at LC are doing some great things...... i wouldnt want to see them on my schedule anytime soon. If you do, you better be ready for the battle of your life because they wont quit until that last whistle sounds. Congrats on a great showing last night panthers. Cant wait to see you all again in the district and region tournaments. It was a pleasure.