Lady Irish VS JPII Knights

fiftyfifty

Sorry I am not an obsessvie Coach T fanatic, or else I would have contributed to this childish dispute much earlier. Last nights game was probably the most hard faught game for four quarters between any two teams this season. I seriously do not think that the JP2 Knights are a better team than the Lady Irish. If one or two girls for Ryan could have scored another bucket in regulation play, then overtime would have been unnecessary. Sarah Campbell probably had the best game of her life; hitting every freethrow (including the two clutch ones that sent the game into over time), playing agressive defense, and dominating on the boards. Rachael Reynolds seemed to be a little off, even though her and Campbell racked up 16 points each. Linsie Wiseman did not play well at all; usually she is the one crashing the boards hard. Sarah Rollick did well for her part while she was in. Nancy Herron had trouble bringing the ball down the court, and Ashley Hammer just picked her pocket numerous times. Hannah Harris did not really help the Irish, getting burned numerous times on defense and throwing the ball away. Patsy Mahoney had a clow start in the first half, Campbell and Herron holding her to five points. The Irish tried to box-and-one her in the second half, but Rollick was one step behind. Too bad that game counted for the region; Ryan should have walked away with a win. The next meeting in February, my money is on the Lady Irish.

You have mistaken a little good natured ribbing for something else. Its not childish, just having a little fun. I'm afraid I have to agree with Ashjan, this was Ryan's best shot. And that was a very astute observation about only playing six players. You are absolutely right, we ran out of gas and could no longer pressure the Lady Knights. Many in Irishland wonder why only six players see any playing time. I'll take the Lady Knights next game and I wish I could lay some money on it. Back to Bootlace, Ryan and JPII are members of the same family and its only natural to poke a little fun at each other. Only a true Irish and Knight fan would know that. Congrats Ashjan, a good win, but we did play you harder than you expected, right. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> P.S. by the way dirty boot, you don't have to say you are sorry, I am glad you don't post anymore than you do with your derogatory comments towards the Lady Irish.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks bulldog. Everyone should be as supportive as you are. Coach Brown has some good freshmen and Rolick will be a good player as early as next year. I never doubted that Ryan would play hard. throw the records out the window. JPII loses 5 important seniors this year. The junior class is not strong but the sophomores are good so we will drop significantly next year. One disappointing thing was that with as big a game as this always is, there were only 4 of us commenting on it. Last year you got posts from 15 different people on this game. There hasn't been much talk on DII this year. May be that BA and Harpeth Hall are very average but still provide good games along with Ensworth, JPII, and Ryan. Good luck and see you in a few weeks.

I am compelled to respond to dirty boot strap or whatever its handle was. I see he or she have deleted their original post, but it is still attached to other posts. You made the statement that Campbell and Reynolds are the only scoring threats for the Lady Irish. That statement is totally false. Wiseman is the second leading scorer for the Lady Irish and the leader of the team. She leads by consistent play game after game. She is also the leading rebounder for the Lady Irish. I would hate to think about what our record would be without her. She also is a great defender. Your statement is either rooted in jealously or you just don't know much about basketball. Anybody can have a low scoring game. Wiseman has very few of them. She is a three year starter and was second in scoring sophomore year and the leading scorer this past season. She has proven her ability for three years, something few other Irish players have ever done. And she will be playing in forty minute games beginning next fall, her first season in college. The only good thing about your post is that you deleted it. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

• 2 weeks later...

Round 2 of JPII and the Lady Irish is this Friday, Feb. 8 at 6:30. Should be exciting. The game is at JPII

I heard that JPII is serving scones and tea prior to the game, is that true? I heard this is in honor of the principal err I mean headmaster who is heading back across the big pond at the end of the year. My prediction, JPII by ten. My wish----no injuries for either team and a good ballgame. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

PS I have been a Coach T plus member for two years running unlike someone else I could mention. I assume when you pay 12 dollars a year, you are a plus member right.

I heard that JPII is serving scones and tea prior to the game, is that true? I heard this is in honor of the principal err I mean headmaster who is heading back across the big pond at the end of the year. My prediction, JPII by ten. My wish----no injuries for either team and a good ballgame. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

PS I have been a Coach T plus member for two years running unlike someone else I could mention. I assume when you pay 12 dollars a year, you are a plus member right.

When you are a plus member it shows on your profile. It's Senior night and Wholesale Inc. (which is a car dealership) is giving something away! Should be a fun night if you are a JPII fan! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

When you are a plus member it shows on your profile. It's Senior night and Wholesale Inc. (which is a car dealership) is giving something away! Should be a fun night if you are a JPII fan! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I guess Coach T didn't update my profile because I have paid the 12 dollars two years running and have the receipt to prove it. I'll check on that. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

PS It will be a fun night no matter what fan you are, remember they play two games, not one. And if you are a contributing member of both schools, you never lose, you obviously are an outsider even if you work there or whatever you do. One other thing, you obviously assume things by what you see, like being a plus member automatically shows on your profile, thats the same way you assume what you see in your prediction of sports especially feet ball. ha ha ho ho hee hee.

I guess Coach T didn't update my profile because I have paid the 12 dollars two years running and have the receipt to prove it. I'll check on that. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

PS It will be a fun night no matter what fan you are, remember they play two games, not one. And if you are a contributing member of both schools, you never lose, you obviously are an outsider even if you work there or whatever you do. One other thing, you obviously assume things by what you see, like being a plus member automatically shows on your profile, thats the same way you assume what you see in your prediction of sports especially feet ball. ha ha ho ho hee hee.

Maybe you should put your name in the hat for the contest at halftime. You may win something /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

FLASH, news just out from Irishland. The Irish are bringing the Bishop's Cup for tator tot to take one last look at, (he is being honored at halftime) shhhh, this is a secret. Don't want anybody in Headmaster Academy to forget what it looks like. ha ha ho ho hee hee whooo haaaa. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

FLASH, news just out from Irishland. The Irish are bringing the Bishop's Cup for tator tot to take one last look at, (he is being honored at halftime) shhhh, this is a secret. Don't want anybody in Headmaster Academy to forget what it looks like. ha ha ho ho hee hee whooo haaaa. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Again Stu, if you would like I can get an 8x10 from Golden and give it to you if you are that in love with him. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> Come for a good game, donate your $5 at the gate, spend $5 at the concession stand, and enjoy a good game and fun night at JPII /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />