Former TN High School Standouts

GCPioneer

Parade All Americans are the top players in the nation There are 4 teams of ten people. Here are 2 that no one has even mentioned.

Orlando Lightfoot (Chattanooga City) #4 team (Could not make the grade)

Malcolm Mackey (Chattanooga Brainerd) #2 team

Played for Georgia Tech and helped win an ACC Championship

Played on state championship team with Jay Price, how could someone mention Jay Price

and not Malcolm Mackey

I played against Orlando and the boy was BAD!!! My brother's HS team played against Lorenzen Wright and his HS team and beat them to go on to win a state championship. Lorenzen was good, but he couldn't hold a candle to Orlando or Malcolm.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK going old school here....

Derrick Hord, from Tennessee High, Bristol, TN ....he was Parade All-American in 1978 and 1979, McDonald's All-American in 1979, all SEC at Kentucky in 1981-82 season, drafted by Cleveland but never played in NBA.

Skip Brown, from Dobyns-Bennett, Kingsport, TN...High School All-American 1973, All-American at Wake Forest 1977, All ACC 1976 and 1977, had 2034 career points, second to Mugsy Bogues in career assists with 579, drafted by Boston but never played in NBA.

34 former and current ACC players went to high school in Tennessee, here's a link:

http://www.scacchoops.com/forms/PlayerDatabase.asp

I would agree Tyler is probably done after this year. He has the potential to be a top 10 pick. JP Prince is doing well also, he just needs to get used to SEC speed of play.

Also, I would like to give props to Jamont Gordon. He is tremendous at Miss. State. I feel he is one of the best all around guards in the SEC, if not the best. Averages: Pts. 17.5 Rebs. 6.7 Assit. 4.2 TO's. 3.6 Stls. 1.1 Blks .8 FG% .441.

Well TSmith might stay its a up in the air thing. I looked at 5 pre-draft predictions and they have him between 16 and 24.

tyler smith and wayne chism played against each other in the 2004 sub-state game when chism was on JSS team.the 2003 season is when Giles Co.beat Bolivar on a last sec. shot from about 3/4 of the court.in 2005 Giles Co. was beat by Humbolt in the sub-state which was Tylers senior year and chism's first year at Bolivar.