Helping an Umpire Family

MTSCA

On July 24th, 2007, Danny Pagan??™s (Murfreesboro Umpire Association) 5-year-old granddaughter (Skylar Lee) was diagnosed with acute Iympocytic leukemia. The disease was caught in the infant stage so the outlook is very promising. This is however, going to be a long process. His daughter and son-n-law had just purchased a new home (they live in Lewisburg) and had started new jobs when this happened. Due to a 32-day stay at Vanderbilt they both lost their jobs, however what little insurance they had had already picked up on some of this. His son-in-Iaw has since found another job and his daughter is staying home to care for Skylar and their other child. They make weekly trips to Vanderbilt for treatment. Through prayer hard work and determination they are determined to beat this.

They have set up a trust fund (Skylar Lee hope fund) at any SunTrust bank. If you think you would like to get involved let me know and I will be more than happy to give you any more info you might need. Thank you for taking the time to consider this.

Understanding that our association is set-up for the student athlete and the betterment of their education, a need exists to help the family of one who contributes toward that goal. Danny himself contributed his time and even his game fee toward the Kayla Cantrell funds this past year. Anything members of MTSCA or other schools can do will be appreciated through any type of fundraiser or donation. It was even suggested at our most recent meeting to hold Jamborees (no more than four innings per team, but with multiple teams) at various sites on March 7 with donations going to this family.

You can mail your donation to Phil Burkhart % Burt School

110 Bailey Street Clarksville,Tn. 37040

Thanks!

John

• 3 weeks later...

Wilson Central will be hosting a 10 team Jamboree on March 6 for this worthy cause. Gate is donations only and a portion of the proceeds from the concessions stand sales will also be donated. Umpires have donated their time (including Mr. Pagan). Games are limited to 4 innings each.

4:00 Oakland vs. Hendersonville

5:00 Ravenwood vs. siegel

6:00 Father Ryan vs. Riverdale

7:00 Wilson Central vs. Blackman

8:00 Lebanon vs. Beech

For directions to Wilson Central please visit our webpage at www.eteamz.com/wchs

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Due to the great turnout and your generosity, the Jamboree raised approximately $2,150 for Skylar and her family.

Thanks again! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I would like to thank all the umpires that gave their time to the Skylar foundation last night at Wilson Central, they changed the date to get this in and thanks to coach Putman-Serbin and Foster in getting everything ready on short notice and to all the teams that came as well on short notice. It was a great night. I would like to challenge all umpires. I am giving up my first game pay to the Pagan family. I challenge all umpires in Tennessee to do the same. If you have any questions please contact me at 785-2274.

John Taylor

To all the umpires who donated their time (words can't describe what I'm feeling) God Bless. A prior umpiring commitment kept me away last night and you all know we always honor those commitments. To the fans who attended, the coaches and all the players...... THANK YOU!!!!!!

Danny Pagan