mckenzie and west carroll

mhsplaya08

mckenzie wins toss between them and west carroll. mckenzie gets number one seed and means they will get winner of hunt and big sandy. west carroll gets carroll academy first round then the winner of bruceton and clarksburg. here are the tournament standings.

1. McKenzie

2. West Carroll

3. Clarksburg

4. Huntingdon

5. Big Sandy

6. Bruceton

7. Carroll Academy

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mckenzie wins toss between them and west carroll. mckenzie gets number one seed and means they will get winner of hunt and big sandy. west carroll gets carroll academy first round then the winner of bruceton and clarksburg. here are the tournament standings.

1. McKenzie

2. West Carroll

3. Clarksburg

4. Huntingdon

5. Big Sandy

6. Bruceton

7. Carroll Academy

Good luck to all. Should be a very good tournament to watch /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> . Any of the top 5 could win this thing. GO STANGS!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

newstang...did you catch the mckenzie and huntingdon game the other night? what players stood out to you from both teams?

I thought they both played kinda sloppy games. Almost identical to their first game. I think Payne will be good with some more experience. Carr can shoot lights out when he gets open, but I don't think he moves well without the ball. But I know what his game is. Brown probably impressed me the most the other night. I didn't remember him from the first game. On Huntingdon's side, I know I am also biased, but I thought Burke was the best player on the floor. He didn't have his best shooting night and he has never been accused of being a shut-down defensive guy but when it gets to game on the line he has came through most of the time this year. What stood out the most to me was how terrible that young white ref is. I mean that for both sides. We have had him several times this year and he has been consistently bad. He needs to flip burgers for his extra money /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> . I hope they get to match up again if we can survive Big Sandy.

Newstang..who's your all district team from district 13A??

Clarksburg- Harris, Mcklerking

Bruceton- Chandler Jordan, ??

Big Sandy- Foust and Cuthbertson

Mckenzie- Payne, Carr, Brown

Carroll Academy- ???

West Carroll- Greer, McClain

Huntingdon- Burke, McMinn, Taylor, Crocker

I know there are more from the other teams that are big defensive guys, hustlers and rebounders but just don't know them. I do know Huntingdon, that's why I listed 4.

District MVP- Erin Harris- Too big to guard in a weak district

It will be interesting to see how he matches up against the region players. I think it will be a different story.

If Burke, Carr or Payne, Greer could lead thier team to a district championship, I think they could possibly slide past Harris.

seems like a pretty solid list..im anxious as to see who mckenzie will have to face friday in the semifinals...if mckenzie plays huntingdon again..who's the gamechanger from both teams??

I think it will be close again, but hopefully a game in the 60's or 70's. I think a difference maker could be Kaleb Mcminn from Huntingdon. If he could come alive and shoot like he is capable and Burke have his normal game, I think Huntingdon could pull away. On the other hand, I think if McKenzie would get out and run more and force Huntingdon to run more I think McKenzie has the advantage. With Carr and Payne having their normal game, I would say Brown, possibly Holt (depending on whether the refs call over the back or not) could be the difference.

Who is your vote for district MVP?

I think it will be close again, but hopefully a game in the 60's or 70's. I think a difference maker could be Kaleb Mcminn from Huntingdon. If he could come alive and shoot like he is capable and Burke have his normal game, I think Huntingdon could pull away. On the other hand, I think if McKenzie would get out and run more and force Huntingdon to run more I think McKenzie has the advantage. With Carr and Payne having their normal game, I would say Brown, possibly Holt (depending on whether the refs call over the back or not) could be the difference.

Who is your vote for district MVP?

Ah..my vote for district would probably have to be Harris from clarksburg..he has pretty good numbers on the season..but i agree with you when you say that if someplayers lead their team to the championship then some could slip past him..i also agree with you about the gamechangers...Mcminn can also shoot lights out if he doesnt have a hand in his face..Brown is averaging about 14 ppg and about 10 rpg this year but has been down thr past few games..hopefully he will pick up come tournament time..if Holt has his normal double double..then huntingdon could be in for a long night..he didnt do much the other night but boy that game came down to the wire didnt it?..it had some really nice plays down the stretch

i have no idea who threw the ball..it was pretty childish though..yeah it was an exciting game..i thought mckenzie was going to get back in it when Brown hit that deeeeep three..he also had a good block on brandon taylor a little bit earlier in the game..taylor went to lay it up and brown got it off the glass..