Reason why the officiating is bad.........

tvols75

Midten we cant seem to agree on anything can we...lol. I agree with you that some officials are not in "ideal" shape, but if they work hard then shape and size is not the issue. When I said dexterity I meant the thick skin and ability to be critized and and hounded and keep their head and stay within the confines of the court and not go into the stands. With that being said I know some officials go into areas of the crowd and such that they need not be in. As far as reviewing film, I believe that this would be great for officials. As Melton said I am sure it is hard to review film from a game for various reasons. Getting the film, finding time to review it, and etc. would be hard to do but if they could review one or two games a year I believe, and surely everyone agrees, it would be good for them. Just as our everyday job we recieve feedback from a higher level. Officials just recieve feedback immediately from all....lol. But for the most part I really think the majority of officials do the best they can its a pride for them to do well and be fair, just as it is in any other task someone takes on.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I have heard that in Northwest TN, all you have to do is kiss enough butt to the supervisor over the referees and you will be rewarded. It is not about how well the official calls the game. It is the rapore with the supervisor. I do know that in west KY, they have a supervisor that dresses in a suit and tie and frequents several games. He provides feedback on areas of concern. This does not happen here. We need a supervisor over these officials that is not afraid to step on some toes. This should be about fairness and not about friendship.

I want to tell you officials one thing.....I personally want to thank the ones of you that do your job and do it as best that you can..I give you guys a hard time but just poke to have a lil fun and the ones that i have poked at are good sports and i try to be respectful to them... but they are a few out there i mean to give a hard time maybe they will do a lil better not asking much but a blind man could do better than some /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> I realize that does not justify be critical to all of the officials so I wanted you to know this....but if your one them there bad ones look out you could get your own award /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> No blood no foul rule on my part /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I hope you have a good sense of humor some on hear not mentioning no names or anything they are a lil harsh and do not know how to express concern without being a jack arse but you have my respect for your post thanks...

Wildstang, I do have a good sense of humor lol...you almost have to if you are going to be a level-headed official! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> It is nice to be thanked for our work from time to time because lord knows we don't hear that very often!

Well, I have heard that in Northwest TN, all you have to do is kiss enough butt to the supervisor over the referees and you will be rewarded. It is not about how well the official calls the game. It is the rapore with the supervisor. I do know that in west KY, they have a supervisor that dresses in a suit and tie and frequents several games. He provides feedback on areas of concern. This does not happen here. We need a supervisor over these officials that is not afraid to step on some toes. This should be about fairness and not about friendship.

I can't speak for the supervisors in West TN, considering I officiate in the East but I can say that this past season we had one of our supervisors in a gym somewhere every night that there was a varsity ballgame. That has been a big change in our association the past two years because for a while we didnt have the feedback from them that you are talking about them giving. I know that their goal at the beginning of the year was to watch every official in our association work at least one time, and at our last meeting they told us that they did indeed accomplish that goal. Most of the time they even went early and watched the b-team guys to try and help them get better.

I have seen ballgames all across the state this year and officiated a lot of the teams in upper east TN, and for the most part this year I have seen officials who are working hard and trying to get better with supervisors who want them to improve and be the best they can be right there with them helping them at the games. I know that there are some exceptions to that rule lol, but the future doesnt look to bad if everyone can keep working hard and trying to improve!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />