When fans are treated like Criminals

EAGLEPROTECTOR

I understand that school administrators must keep a safe enviroment for players, Refs, and fans but the incident at Community High School Thursday was not right. Is there anyone that a complaint can be filed to that can keep paying fans that aren't disruptive from being treated like some of the Van Buren fans were? We aren't (Criminals) even though we were treated as such. I just don't understand how it got so out of hand. There are several people who saw and heard these things that were done and said to this young man and are upset over it.

The incident: One of our fans was standing down by the wall where one of the entrances was as he always does. A fellow came up and asked him to move down a little and he said no problem and moved down. A call was made and he made motion into the crowd that she just picked up her third foul. At this time the Sch. Adm. came and jumped all over him and called the security over and they chewed him out for nothing. He asked several times what he had done wrong and they told him if he didn't go up to the stands and sit down he would be removed from the gym. He did so then they came to the stands and jumped him again and told him not to even get up. Another fan said he can't even get up to use the bathroom and the cop said no he better remain seated. No one should treat anyone like this. I have seen fans act up and they should be removed but this is an case where the system failed.

I believe that to avoid a situation like the fight that happened at Community last year you must get hold of an incident in an early stage. Take into consideration that this guy wasn't even giving the refs a hard time. Matter of fact he always gives them the benifit of doubt on a call. This wasn't a case of ill will toward anyone just a guy minding his own business. Seems to begin a fight someone must start it, in which the people in charge tried to do. You shouldn't treat people who isn't doing anything wrong like they are fixing to start a riot. Being in charge of things like this can be hard I understand that, but don't let this power take charge just because I am the boss and because I said so. No one should be above the law, even the law.