D1-AA

ShortStop13

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually there was to BK's Britney Kinsler(centerfield) and Brooke Kinsler (catcher) were they both seniors last year? Loss of either would hurt.

Brittney Kinser is a Junior and Brooke Ricker (catcher) is a Senior. The loss of Romano will definately hurt. She was solid last year and is only a junior this year. Karns got a good one. I don't understand the move either, but it happened. Another case of playing summer ball with a team and feeling they would be better off playing with those girls. I also imagine it was for better college prospects. Who knows? SG should be solid in the field and at the plate, but the loss of the pitcher will hurt. They only lost one senior last year.

• 2 weeks later...

Well Unicoi travels to Elizabethton Tuesday.

Any Predictions on this game???

Unicoi has outstanding defense but their bats are lacking, will they be able to hit Taylor or Kadey? Elizabethton has the offense but they also have not faced anyone like Mason or Woods. If the Cyclones were to hit Mason or Woods would Unicoi's defense be to tough? Will Unicoi's trip to S.C. help them out at the plate? Unicoi also faces Johnson County Monday and Elizabethton faces Cherokee, Unicoi will more than likely come away with the win but will the slower pitching hurt them? Elizabethton May not win but they will definately see stronger pitching than Unicoi.

This game can go either way and will more than likely be a low scoring game.

This game should be the game to watch this week.

Good Luck to both teams.

Elizabethton vs. Unicoi will be the game to watch this week in upper east TN. Both teams are strong & each have some advantages over the other in different areas. I would love to see the Cyclones come away with the victory & take control of the conference but I'm convinced that the Cyclones will have to play their best game of the year by far to get it done. I expect a bluedevil victory but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the Cyclones!

Cyclones fought hard tonight but came up short against the Cheifs tonight. A few bad innings cost the Cyclones but Cherokee is a tough team and has a good chance at going to the State this year. I was really impressed with Cherokee's pitching also. Elizabethton and Unicoi face off tomorrow, should be the game to watch. Unicoi beat Johnson County tonight 12-1. Woods pitched a 1 hitter. Both teams are pretty evenly matched but Unicoi has the experience so they might have the advantage over the Cyclones but only time will tell.

A classic game between Unicoi & Elizabethton today. A shame either team had to lose this one. Elizabethton wins 2-1 in 11 innings on a Unicoi error. Both teams played great and it was a classic pitchers duel between Mason & Bellisa. I'll have to give Bellisa the credit. I honestly thought Unicoi had stronger pitching but Bellisa pitched the game of her career so far and matched Mason pitch for pitch. Way to go Cyclones!

A classic game between Unicoi & Elizabethton today. A shame either team had to lose this one. Elizabethton wins 2-1 in 11 innings on a Unicoi error. Both teams played great and it was a classic pitchers duel between Mason & Bellisa. I'll have to give Bellisa the credit. I honestly thought Unicoi had stronger pitching but Bellisa pitched the game of her career so far and matched Mason pitch for pitch. Way to go Cyclones!

Unicoi has strong pitching.... Good game both teams played hard the only difference error on Unicoi,Elizabethton wins... Good luck to both teams the rest of the season....