D1-AA

ShortStop13

This is a huge break through win for the Lady Cyclones. The last time these Cyclone seniors beat Mason in a meaningful game was when they were in 7th grade in the middle school championship game. The score in that one was also 2-1 and was decided by an error in the bottom of the seventh. Congratulations to Coach Hardin and the Lady Cyclones. Just knowing you can beat Unicoi Co. is a huge lift mentally and you will have to play them several more times this year. Go Cyclones!!!!!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

The loss to Unicoi, I think, will just make the Lady Devils fight even harder next time. Both teams played an outstanding game yesterday. Congrats to both teams and a special congrats to the Lady Cyclones. I'd like to see Unicoi's practice today, I bet it will be a hard one.

Your right on the money SS13, the ladies needed this because they had been mowing the other teams down, not being ugly, just for some unknown reason Unicoi has always had pretty strong ball players with out the biggest population to choose from. I guess we can thank the Little League and other active travel ball parents for this support and feeder program. Going back to the other post up top of this, Coach 17 I believe it was, even though the pitcher gets the wins/losses, if you were at the game, the cyclones didn't beat mason, an unfortunate error accured that allowed the runner to score, as well as the umpire making a horoble call on the foul ball at third, when he called it fair, but this is not the first time he's helped the cyclones, I seen it before this year at the JV tournament in unicoi 2 times there with the same call except on the first base line. A lil fishy I think. These are the games you pay to see though, and I think it was a brilliant game on both sides.

Bad calls and errors are part of the game, which I did not see. However, it still counts as a win for the Cyclones and goes as a tough luck loss on Mason's record. None of that will have an impact on the Cyclone's mental picture of the game. The player's now believe they can beat Unicoi and that may help them later in the season. No doubt, Unicoi will remember it as well and will play that much harder next time. Both teams have outstanding pitching. Defense and timely hitting will decide the games between these two teams later in the season.

Elizabethton's losses to Unaka and Unicoi Co. exposed what I believe is their "achilles heel". They simply do not score runs against quality pitching. They are lacking in the power department and have trouble generating much offense. I do not think this is one of Unicoi's best hitting teams either, as evidenced by the shutout loss to Cherokee. Maybe both teams' bats will heat up with the weather.

Elizabethton's losses to Unaka and Unicoi Co. exposed what I believe is their "achilles heel". They simply do not score runs against quality pitching. They are lacking in the power department and have trouble generating much offense. I do not think this is one of Unicoi's best hitting teams either, as evidenced by the shutout loss to Cherokee. Maybe both teams' bats will heat up with the weather.

is it true that the hensley kid has aready signed from UC

is it true that the hensley kid has aready signed from UC

Signing is not possible under NCAA rules as a junior, however, under the right circumstances, some young players are able to verbally commit to a school. It is my understanding that this terrific young lady has verbally commited to Liberty.

• 2 weeks later...

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> ShortStop13 our wait is drawing very close. Best of luck to both teams, Im sure it will be a classic.

The Conference Title is still up for grabs! April 24 should be a big day for both the Lady Cyclones and the Lady Devils. Either team can still come away with a conference championship. I, for one, cannot wait until the 24th

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> ShortStop13 our wait is drawing very close. Best of luck to both teams, Im sure it will be a classic.

Well Unicoi/Elizabethton game was once again a close, nerve-racking, tight game. The 10-inning game came down to an error by Elizabethton's catcher allowing Candace Meadows to literally crawl home. Elizabethton had runners on 2nd and 3rd with 0 outs in the 10th inning, but Unicoi's Kara Woods never gave up. Kara struck out the next 3 batters getting the lady devils out of a jam. With the international tie rule coming into play, Unicoi placed Candace on 2nd base, Jessica Mason than placed down a sacrifice bunt moving Meadows to 3rd. Unicoi's clean-up hitter, Whitley Hensley stepped up to the plate and laid down a bunt up the 1st base line, Taylor Bellessa fielded it and flipped it home, Candace slid into the catcher and the ball was mishandled and rolled a few feet allowing Candace to crawl to the plate.

These 2 teams will more than likely face off twice in the district tournament. Goodluck Lady Devils!!!!

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> Well we went and played the D1AAA Champs tonight and what happened to the Lady Toppers, I dont know, UCHS beat them 10-0 in 6 innings. It was awsome to see the Lady Devils finally come out swinging for blood. Keep up the good job girls we may just have a shot at it.