Millington vs Cleveland

ctrojan70

It should be a very entertaining game. Cleveland has three players that have already signed Division 1 Scholarships for next year ( NC State, Belmont, and Murray St) while Millington is a very talented but young team ( Three Sophmores and Two Juniors in the Starting Line-up).

In My Humble Opinion, The Lady Trojans will have to shoot a lot better tomorrow night to get the win. We shot 36% from the field in the victory tonight. We were able to get good looks tonight, but missed a ton of them, but contested and uncontested alike. Clutch FT's by our Sophmore PG were huge.

Greenville was a very good team that played hard and knew exactly where their bread was buttered. #35 had a very nice game and basically carried the team on her shoulders. She took the majority of their shots for the game. Infact the most shots that were attempted by another player on the team was a mere 5 by #44.

Great Effort Lady Trojans..... WIN and Advance.

Great game and congratulations to Millington. They came well prepared and studied up for us. Both teams played their hearts out and left nothing on the court. Cleveland will be a difficult opponent but aren't they all at this point?

I agree Nicole tried to carry the team yesterday. I think she sometimes feels too much pressure to do that (don't know if it's from herself or the coaching staff) when it really isn't necessary. The other 4 starters are all capable scorers, each scoring in the double digits in many games this year. There were many times that she was tripled up which left at least 2 other Lady Devils open for virtually uncontested shots. Hopefully she will learn to trust more in the ability of the other players in high pressure situations next season because a more balanced scoring attack would have made her afternoon alot easier and perhaps the outcome might have been different.

But, it's hard to second-guess things like that when you're not the one in the "Big Show" and there is so much pressure and especially when you're sitting in a comfy stadium chair, lol. Nicole Dickson is the real deal and I hope she is recognized for Miss AAA Basketball even though she is just a Junior. She deserves it just as much as the other two Seniors.

Great Job Millington and Good Luck to you. Great Season Greeneville Lady Devils! We are SO proud of you!!!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic