Here comes HARPETH!

Hindians13

Well bc its going to be very rough playing in 3a with less than 700 kids, but I guess they gotta do what they gotta do...

Harpeth is at 630 right now. Cheatham Co. is barely above 670. The Cubs have been a playoff team for the last 6 years (4 of those years were in Class 3A).

Sycamore is a school with over 850 kids. Creek Wood has 930 kids in their school. Montgomery Central is up above 900 kids in their school as well I believe........ /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

The point is that Harpeth would have a much easier time competing against any of those schools as oppose to trying to compete with Goodpasture and David Lipscomb. Surely we both know that this is the truth!!!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well bc its going to be very rough playing in 3a with less than 700 kids, but I guess they gotta do what they gotta do...

Harpeth is at 630 right now. Cheatham Co. is barely above 670. The Cubs have been a playoff team for the last 6 years (4 of those years were in Class 3A).

Sycamore is a school with over 850 kids. Creek Wood has 930 kids in their school. Montgomery Central is up above 900 kids in their school as well I believe........ /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

The point is that Harpeth would have a much easier time competing against any of those schools as oppose to trying to compete with Goodpasture and David Lipscomb. Surely we both know that this is the truth!!!

I played them for 2 of my last years in high school I know its rough. Why have another realignment when they just got switched last year??? Why cant they stay with the crew they are with now??? Honestly the junior class will be fine wherever they are at next year... This is a very good class.

The potential problem is that HHS might have to make its mind up to move up (to 3A)before the actual landscape of 2a is laid out. With the multiplier ending it will be interesting to see what the private schools choose to do. Will FRA actually move to DII (I have heard that was an assuarnce made in order to get Coach Pack)? Will CPA And DCA move to class A or will they remain in Class 2A? Will Goodpasture remian in class 2A or consider a move up to 3A. Will Lipscomb choose to stay in 3a or move down to 2A? Right now it still seems that everyone is playing for 2nd behind Alcoa in 2a and that will factor into the decision making.

I do not think that HHS wants to be put back into the alphabet league. They could probably compete in 3A much better. That being said the potential 3A opponents they would be placed with are all pretty tough. (Marshall Co., Page, Cheatham Co., Sycamore, Pearl Cohn, Greenbriar, Creekwood, Giles Co. etc.)

I suppose it is possible that they might be able to stay in their current Region but geography is working against them, they are too close to Nashville (as are East Robertson and Fairview). It will be interesting to see what happens. It will be a major decision for HHS and I hope they choose wisely.