Hardin county tops Shelbyville in Courier Classic

oldcrow

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hardin county won a tough one at Courier Classic as Gage Franklin gets 12 K's in the game. The lefty was clocked at 87 mph. Had one bad inning when pitches got elevated in the 6th. Change-up was wicked.

Adamsville beat dyer county last night also throwing a lefty, Cade Chambers. He threw a one hitter and was clocked at 89. Didn't have his best stuff but Adamsville is looking for the Courier championship on saturday, looks like lawrence co is the only team they have to get by now.

Loretto Beats Hardin County in the Night game 4-3 in a close one.

Loretto improves to 2-1 and with a win over huntington tomorrow they will advance.

Jesse Gladney was the winning pitcher for the mustangs.

Hardin county coach gave this game away. Should still be undefeated. Left Baker in to long and left Franklin in with a 110 pitches in cold weather against Shelbyville.

first of all after talkin to columbia state coach he clocked the lefty from hc he said that he was clocked at 78 to 79, and i saw the chambers kid from a-ville throw against hardin county in 2 scrimmages and he was throwin maybe 81 and that was in early march so unles he gained 8 mph's in 2 weeks i dont think so....

first of all after talkin to columbia state coach he clocked the lefty from hc he said that he was clocked at 78 to 79, and i saw the chambers kid from a-ville throw against hardin county in 2 scrimmages and he was throwin maybe 81 and that was in early march so unles he gained 8 mph's in 2 weeks i dont think so....

Ha i hate to write on this so late but i just came across it. Look guy, it's funny how the Chambers kid is throwing 81 when he is signing with Walters State(#1 junior college in the nation). You don't give a kid throwing 81 a scholarship for nothing. And thats funny seeing columbia states radar said 88.8, i sat behind the scout.

well...the last time i checked i dont remember a gun that had a .8 now it could be 88 or 89 but not a 88.8, but i have faced the chambers kid and unless im to dumb to play baseball and i pretty sure im not, he threw 80 maybe 81 when i faced him...now im not trying to take anything away from the guy but i have personally clocked chad harville and he was hittin 89 to 91 and chambers pitches were no were near that....

well...the last time i checked i dont remember a gun that had a .8 now it could be 88 or 89 but not a 88.8, but i have faced the chambers kid and unless im to dumb to play baseball and i pretty sure im not, he threw 80 maybe 81 when i faced him...now im not trying to take anything away from the guy but i have personally clocked chad harville and he was hittin 89 to 91 and chambers pitches were no were near that....

So either your on the hardin county team from last year or this year. I remember last year he was beating you guys 5 to 2 when he came out, unfortunately the guy who came in to save gave up a few good hits. But that was the closest Adamsville has come to beating hardin county in 7 years! And i'm sure you guys will see him one last time before he graduates. I'll be watching to see if you guys can hit "81" but then again that's just your opinion.

Okay, you say that you faced Chambers, but why didn't you mention what you did against him? As in did you get a hit, or did you strike out? I have seen Chambers pitch against a very good Dyer County team, and to make them look stupid he must be throwing pretty hard.....because they were late on almost every pitch.

The Chambers and Franklin kid are both very tough. Yes the Chambers kid is in the 80's as well as Franklin. Freed clocked Franklin in the eighties consistently throughout the game against Shelbyville. And UVA looked at him at the Best of the West tournament. Chambers will do very well at Walters state. Has a lot of good movement on the ball and Coach Shelton from Walters will only improve his skills.

Last thing im saying on this. The Chambers kid is 3-1 this season, he lost to USJ but only gave up to hits. Actually, in the 3 whole games he has pitched and the 5 inning game at USJ he has given up a maximum of two hits a game. The kid isn't the greatest thing to ever touch the field but he has done alot for his team and proven himself a force as a pitcher. Looking to see how he does against his district rivals, JCS, on monday when he pitches.