notre dame-19 vs. bledsoe-0

cchsjets08

A few things to consider:

First, yes 19-0 is a bit overkill but how much worse is it than 10-0? Slaughtered is slaughtered, and as far as a slaughter rule if a team is truly weak, then taking them off the field early in a lot of their games does not really help in their development as a team at all.

Second, if a team has all their reserves in the game who work just as hard at every practice as the starters then why should they be denied their chance to put a few in the back of the net. Personally, I would be more embarrassed by a team of reserves working the ball down to the goal line and then turning around because they are not allowed to shoot than a score of 19-0. Finally, I've lost games by up to twelve before, and to be fair, it's really not all that bad. When a team is far superior to yours, thats just how things happen.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't think that a mercy rule is right for soccer. in this type of game the full time needs to be played. now on the note of running up the score I have never been a huge fan of. A team should restrict itself, even the rules like you have to score off headers really isn't great because it humiliates the losing team even worse. Pass the ball around run out the clock.

If my SOCCER game called early for goal diffrential I would feel even worse about the game