Warrior Classic-USJ vs. Oakland-early exit by Oakland

hasbeen7

Until you can produce a video and audio recording of such actions by Coach Hawks.......then you are simply sounding like a WHINING, LYING, GRANDMAW.

It wasn't YOUR field that you spent hours and hours on that was getting ruined was it? We don't have "paid" players like yall who can "earn" their back tuition by working on ours. Our coaches and parents work extremely hard to keep ours in playing order.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You can honestly say that the game could not/should not have been continued to at least finish 5 full innings?? I guess you really think the umps called the game and not the coach??? I sure wish he would have allowed the game to continue and maybe we would have found out if Oakland could have come back. There was a lot more rain this afternoon and several innings played in far worse conditions than last pm. You know, I guess "legally" it wasn't a win but the final score was 5-2 USJ before coach "forfeited". BTW, was USJ's coach involved in the discussion between umps and Oakland's coach about the conditions?

I wish it would have. Then, we'd be doing something other than having a pointless argument.

The game was stopped because of rain and wet playing conditions. USJ's coach didn't object to that. The tarp was pulled onto the field in an effort to keep the playing field from deteriorating from the rain. And, when you put a tarp on a field, let's mak sure the rain has stopped completely before we go to the trouble of pulling it back off (it's not an easy task).

While the tarp was being pulled onto the field, we checked the radar to see how long we'd have to wait before pulling it off again. There was rain just due west of Murfreesboro.

Coach Hawks was the coach of the HOME team. While it was not his decision, he was the first to be informed. The umpire told him, then he told the USJ coach. It was his decision. I KNOW the umpire, I KNOW how it was handled because I asked him today.

Oakland didn't "forfeit", USJ didn't win, blah, blah, blah. It was suspended and USJ was ahead ...they had batted one half inning than Oakland had. You can't assume anything, no matter how good you think the Gant kid is.

What "if" we had pitched our #1? Then, this may have been a completely different (or non-existent) discussion.

BTW, Oakland's game against Dyer Co. was suspended in the 4th due to rain. The game was tied. Nobody was mad or made false accusations or assumptions. It was just...rained out.

Enough.

I wish it would have. Then, we'd be doing something other than having a pointless argument.

The game was stopped because of rain and wet playing conditions. USJ's coach didn't object to that. The tarp was pulled onto the field in an effort to keep the playing field from deteriorating from the rain. And, when you put a tarp on a field, let's mak sure the rain has stopped completely before we go to the trouble of pulling it back off (it's not an easy task).

While the tarp was being pulled onto the field, we checked the radar to see how long we'd have to wait before pulling it off again. There was rain just due west of Murfreesboro.

Coach Hawks was the coach of the HOME team. While it was not his decision, he was the first to be informed. The umpire told him, then he told the USJ coach. It was his decision. I KNOW the umpire, I KNOW how it was handled because I asked him today.

Oakland didn't "forfeit", USJ didn't win, blah, blah, blah. It was suspended and USJ was ahead ...they had batted one half inning than Oakland had. You can't assume anything, no matter how good you think the Gant kid is.

What "if" we had pitched our #1? Then, this may have been a completely different (or non-existent) discussion.

BTW, Oakland's game against Dyer Co. was suspended in the 4th due to rain. The game was tied. Nobody was mad or made false accusations or assumptions. It was just...rained out.

Enough.

[/quote Anyone that was at the game knows the situation. You can't convince me or anybody else other than Oakland that coach didn't have a strong hand in the decision to call it and the fact he was down 5-2 prompted the decision to pull the tarp. There were a lot of innings played today in worse conditions than last pm. How many other games were called last pm?? BTW, I've spent more hours working on a field than any of you, guaranteed, and that game would have continued at USJ regardless of who was ahead!!! Now ----- enough

I guess you don't understand the ROLE of the umpire ? He is in control of the game.....not the head coach of either school. He calls the game, not the players nor the coaches. Who knows? Maybe he had bronchitis and didn't want to continue in the rain? I don't know and NEITHER do you.

Keep whining grandmaw. Let's see that video proof.....

The worst of the rain wasn't over. We had the capability of looking at radar and seeing another line of rain just west of M'boro. So, the tarp is out, more rain on the way, it's a pointless tournament game...what's the point?

Grandma's in the stands? Come on...maybe USJ's folks were waiting around for kids to get their stuff, as were Oakland's parent's. Everyone I saw waiting around was either in the concession stand or under the stairs trying to stay dry.

Gant was good, but he's not infallible, i.e., the ball that Dodd hit that's still in orbit (which scored a runner on base via a Gant HBP) so who's to say when Dodd or any of the other Oakland players came up in the bottom of the inning that they wouldn't have gone yard again and and beaten USJ again.

See it for what it is...a good game between two heavyweights. It's just a game. But, don't make accusations and imply that you know what was said between coaches, umpires, etc. And, certainly don't imply improprieties by Oakland's staff. From the other posts here, USJ has issues of their own.

It wasn't a win, never will be a win and if you think it is, you're delusional.

The rain never got any harder than it was when the tarp was initially put on. The point of the tarp as I understand it is to extend play in rainy situations. There were no other games on that field last night after this one.

As far as I know a slider is legal and so is a fastball. That's what was doing the damage last night.