Sub-State in Shelbyville

I'd like to give the Tennessee Express girls a big SHOUT OUT AND WAY TO GO Both 10u and 13u won the first place trophy over the weekend OH I FORGOT YHEY DIDN'T EVEN GET A HAND SHAKE THANK YOU OR ANYTHING AFTER THEIR WIN I think that was sorry of them not to give a trophy or anything to the winners How much does a trophy cost maybe 20.00 bucks??? I was out over 200.00 this weekend just my family I COULD NOT BELIEVE THEY DID THAT ITS ALL ABOUT HOW MUCH MONEY THEY MILK FROM THE PARENTS I would really be embarassed

I'd like to give the Tennessee Express girls a big SHOUT OUT AND WAY TO GO Both 10u and 13u won the first place trophy over the weekend OH I FORGOT YHEY DIDN'T EVEN GET A HAND SHAKE THANK YOU OR ANYTHING AFTER THEIR WIN I think that was sorry of them not to give a trophy or anything to the winners How much does a trophy cost maybe 20.00 bucks??? I was out over 200.00 this weekend just my family I COULD NOT BELIEVE THEY DID THAT ITS ALL ABOUT HOW MUCH MONEY THEY MILK FROM THE PARENTS I would really be embarassed

You may not be familiar with girls AAU in Tennessee. The sub-state tournament is part of the overall qualifying tournament for the AAU National Championship Tournament. Some states play only one tournament, Tennessee has broken theirs into two. The top 2 teams in each age group from the 4 sub state tournaments play in a state tournament. The winner and runner up of the state tournament gets a very nice trophy and the girls and coaches get medals.

You may not be familiar with girls AAU in Tennessee. The sub-state tournament is part of the overall qualifying tournament for the AAU National Championship Tournament. Some states play only one tournament, Tennessee has broken theirs into two. The top 2 teams in each age group from the 4 sub state tournaments play in a state tournament. The winner and runner up of the state tournament gets a very nice trophy and the girls and coaches get medals.

I realize that as these girls get older the trophies won't mean as much to them as they do now.I guess they were just expecting to recieve something for their efforts.Oh well ,all is probably already forgotten by now. Still GREAT JOB GIRLS GOOD LUCK IN MEMPHIS

Congratulations to both TN Express teams. Both of the sub-state wiiners looked very strong and both sets of coaches did a great job with them. If the sub-state was the conclusion of the tournament, trophies would have been awarded. However, as Commander has already pointed out, the sub-state is just that. It is the first part of the state tournament. The sub-state were initiated in Tennessee to prevent every team from having to drive to a central location in the state on multiple weekends to play. It allows teams to play in their area until they reach the "Final Eight" level. We certainly wish the TN Express and the other South Middle Sub-state teams that qualify the very best of luck at the state.

I realize that as these girls get older the trophies won't mean as much to them as they do now.I guess they were just expecting to recieve something for their efforts.Oh well ,all is probably already forgotten by now. Still GREAT JOB GIRLS GOOD LUCK IN MEMPHIS