SODDY BEATS OOLTEWAH

sdfan1234

Ooltewah has a good coach, you don't get a team to the state tournament just with talent. One thing I didn't like is how she said the team was flat. How in the world could Ooltewah come in flat against Soddy-Daisy of all teams. That sounded like a bad excuse.

Its not always the coach's fault.....sometimes, it does not matter how hard you try to prepare your team....if the chemistry is not there and they cant figure out how to play as a team....its just not going to happen. Ooltewah does have a good coach...she knows what it takes. Eventually the players have to take ownership of the team and work for themselves.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooltewah has a good coach, you don't get a team to the state tournament just with talent. One thing I didn't like is how she said the team was flat. How in the world could Ooltewah come in flat against Soddy-Daisy of all teams. That sounded like a bad excuse.

Most Valuable Player

Ooltewah has a good coach, you don't get a team to the state tournament just with talent. One thing I didn't like is how she said the team was flat.

My point exactly.....................

Its not always the coach's fault.....sometimes, it does not matter how hard you try to prepare your team....if the chemistry is not there and they cant figure out how to play as a team....its just not going to happen. Ooltewah does have a good coach...she knows what it takes. Eventually the players have to take ownership of the team and work for themselves.

love2coach, let me touch on a few things about your post. First, i would suggest not commenting on a subject you seem to know absolutely nothing about, its very apparent you don't. If you did, you would know that one, ooltewah the past oh 6 or 7 times they have played each other that ooltewah has either been in the lead at the end of the game and lost in the last inning, or has just lost by a run or two on some very suspect coaching. as for the chemistry thing(which is the most ignorant remark of the post) oolewah is a senior ladin team, if they don't have chemistry i beleive something is wrong and you could always point that back to coaching if you so choose. In my opinion having seen the owls and trojans play against each other the past 5 years, i would say that the players did exactly what their coach told them to do or not do and they have all resulted in a loss. who knows maybe coach gets the "heebee geebees" when it comes to playing soddy. in her quote in the times free press she said "playing soddy is always a mental thing" perhaps she was speaking mainly of herself b/c her teams never seem to be FLAT as she says. I think she plays soddy not to lose rather than win.

love2coach, let me touch on a few things about your post. First, i would suggest not commenting on a subject you seem to know absolutely nothing about, its very apparent you don't. If you did, you would know that one, ooltewah the past oh 6 or 7 times they have played each other that ooltewah has either been in the lead at the end of the game and lost in the last inning, or has just lost by a run or two on some very suspect coaching. as for the chemistry thing(which is the most ignorant remark of the post) oolewah is a senior ladin team, if they don't have chemistry i beleive something is wrong and you could always point that back to coaching if you so choose. In my opinion having seen the owls and trojans play against each other the past 5 years, i would say that the players did exactly what their coach told them to do or not do and they have all resulted in a loss. who knows maybe coach gets the "heebee geebees" when it comes to playing soddy. in her quote in the times free press she said "playing soddy is always a mental thing" perhaps she was speaking mainly of herself b/c her teams never seem to be FLAT as she says. I think she plays soddy not to lose rather than win.

What I do know is that it was one game, lots of softball left to play. I know a couple of the girls on the team, (seniors) and I know they have all the chemistry they need. They are good friends who have played a long time.

Yes I agree, but this game will always have the same outcome because of the coaching. Ooltewah has had a good enough team every year to beat Soddy and this year is no exception. Im not a coach hater but I and all who has followed Ooltewah knows this to be correct. As I said earlier Ooltewah if they make it to the state it will be done by the play of the girls on a good day and not by the coaching staff having them prepared to play the game and thats sad. They are a great bunch of talented girls ANd very capable of winning it all.

I will go back to my original post where first of all I am no coach hater. As 1 post says this is a senior ladin team and thats true but the seniors still have to be prepared with a game plan to go into this game.( do you think the soddy coaches did not have there freshman/sophmore ladin team ready to play.) Who one. Again this is a good team but untill there coach has a plan going into these games that's all they will be. Someone that knows Ooltewah softball tell me when the line-up has ever changed going back 7 years, It stays the same all year long once it is set.Anyway I am not going to get into a bashing session because my post originally was about being prepared for big games.