Region-7 3a

OCVol

2008 may very well be a year that the region is even top to bottom without a definite favorite.....

i'll just give my perspective on dyersburg......

the trojans will not be anywhere near as talented in the skill positions as they were in 07...

but young talent is available plus the return of coach counce and a proven system, along with some very talented assistant coaches will keep the trojans again in the hunt for a region championship......

probably the biggest pluses for the trojans will be:

#1 - coaching staff - very talented group.....as of the post, the trojans have 7 coaches with 2 more to be announced in the next 4 weeks....... most of these new guys are young and coming from successful programs....

#2 - dburg will have no stars this fall......you will see more TEAM...

#3 - off season program - i spoke with one coach who was a "prospect" and was visiting during a trojan work out - he said that coach counce jr's work out was by far the best he had ever seen and so amazed that the kids were hungry and eating up the work out...... this guy knew what he was talking about as his team had won 2 back to back state championships as well as sending their last 2 qb's to d1 programs.....

with a counce team, you can expect a well disciplined and hard working group.....

2008 may very well be a year that the region is even top to bottom without a definite favorite.....

i'll just give my perspective on dyersburg......

the trojans will not be anywhere near as talented in the skill positions as they were in 07...

but young talent is available plus the return of coach counce and a proven system, along with some very talented assistant coaches will keep the trojans again in the hunt for a region championship......

probably the biggest pluses for the trojans will be:

#1 - coaching staff - very talented group.....as of the post, the trojans have 7 coaches with 2 more to be announced in the next 4 weeks....... most of these new guys are young and coming from successful programs....

#2 - dburg will have no stars this fall......you will see more TEAM...

#3 - off season program - i spoke with one coach who was a "prospect" and was visiting during a trojan work out - he said that coach counce jr's work out was by far the best he had ever seen and so amazed that the kids were hungry and eating up the work out...... this guy knew what he was talking about as his team had won 2 back to back state championships as well as sending their last 2 qb's to d1 programs.....

with a counce team, you can expect a well disciplined and hard working group.....

should be a great yr

Well, that covers Dyersburg! How about the other teams? Is Dyer County going to be up there or are they one-hit wonders? Which Haywood team will show up? Will Crockett County return or will they fade? Same with Ripley. Is Covington going to recover? And will Obion County move ahead of last year's 0-10 record with a new coach at the helm?

Well, that covers Dyersburg! How about the other teams? Is Dyer County going to be up there or are they one-hit wonders? Which Haywood team will show up? Will Crockett County return or will they fade? Same with Ripley. Is Covington going to recover? And will Obion County move ahead of last year's 0-10 record with a new coach at the helm?

i went to the convington weight meet this past saturday and got a chance to see the "strong" from several region 7 3A teams...

here is how the point rankings went, in order:

#1 - covington

#2 - dyersburg

#3 - bartlett

#4 - ripley

#5 - bolton

#6 - munford