Ooltewah-1 Hixson-0

basehits

Today at Hixson at 530.

game was tied 0-0 at halftime.

Ooltewah scored with 16 minutes left in the game.

Pretty well played game by both teams. There were some questionable calls for both sides (a few more for Hixson) and two yellow cards (one for each team), but this did not affect the outcome of the game very much.

Ooltewah had a few off the posts in the first half, but had struggles finishing.

Hixson had been struggling to finish the last few games, winning to McMinn Central 1-0 due to a PK in the last ten minutes. (Hixson had shot after shot in this game)

Hixson had 3 players out, two being starters.

Obviously know one cares about this thread but I will play along this once just to say this:

Please...and Baylor only beat Hixson 2-0 at Hixson so I guess the Wildcats are tough. Not quite. Chalk up these close games at Hixson being due to one of the worst fields in the area. I think Hixson is trying to give Notre Dame a run for their money for the title of CHatt's worst field.

Not a close game at all and not a well played game on Ooltewah's side. Heard from parents that the coaches had them running sprints at half time because the boys were playing so bad. Sounds like Ooltewah had a let down after their big Cleveland win for one half and then got things together, completely dominating possession in the second. Paper had Ooltewah outshooting Hixson on the "ankle-breaking" field 22-5.

Were you there???? And believe me you didnt have to bite you would have been better off if you didnt. How come when a game is close with Hixson it is never because Hixson played well...or handled the ball well...or passed well....or shoot well....or had great defense????? There is always an excuse for the other teams play esp if the team is a big name team like Baylor or Notre Dame or Ooltewah...bad field...big win over Cleveland letdown...really shouldnt Ooltewah have beaten Hixson at least 5 or 6 to nothing....PLEASE dont make excuses....Hixson is playing well this year and that is why the score was close with Ooltewah. Hixson had a very good game defensively. Keep up the good work Wildcats!!!

Were you there???? And believe me you didnt have to bite you would have been better off if you didnt. How come when a game is close with Hixson it is never because Hixson played well...or handled the ball well...or passed well....or shoot well....or had great defense????? There is always an excuse for the other teams play esp if the team is a big name team like Baylor or Notre Dame or Ooltewah...bad field...big win over Cleveland letdown...really shouldnt Ooltewah have beaten Hixson at least 5 or 6 to nothing....PLEASE dont make excuses....Hixson is playing well this year and that is why the score was close with Ooltewah. Hixson had a very good game defensively. Keep up the good work Wildcats!!!

Agreed, base.

Stamford, take nothing away from Hixson. They played well. And if you are an Ooltewah player, stop posting junk on here. If you have any questions about that, talk to me after practice and we can clear up any misunderstanding.