District 8-A/AA Tournament

timbdp

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So with SC beating merryl hyde, a few questions come up. First of all, does MH stand a chance against a powerful livingston team? And does SC have a chance to go to the state tournament which would include a win in sectionals over either CCS or ND. Both of which are very strong teams this year. last year, SC won the district and the region but got handled at home in sectionals. Will we see a repeat in history?

So with SC beating merryl hyde, a few questions come up. First of all, does MH stand a chance against a powerful livingston team? And does SC have a chance to go to the state tournament which would include a win in sectionals over either CCS or ND. Both of which are very strong teams this year. last year, SC won the district and the region but got handled at home in sectionals. Will we see a repeat in history?

I hate to say it but yes it will most likely be a repeat. And i do see merrol hyde being handled by Livingston. Their ok this year but no match for livingston. I wish that White House or Portland would have had another shot at them in district I definately think that it would have been a different outcome.

• 2 weeks later...

I hate to say it but yes it will most likely be a repeat. And i do see merrol hyde being handled by Livingston. Their ok this year but no match for livingston. I wish that White House or Portland would have had another shot at them in district I definately think that it would have been a different outcome.

I know that this is a bit after the fact, but this is the first time I have read the postings on this board. I know how well my team did this year and I know that we played our heart out and surpassed many's expectations; however, I also know that we played our normal game against Portland this season. I have nothing against Portland (in actuality, I have quite a few ties to Portland), but when viewing the MHM/PHS game tape, it is clear that the better team this season won. As for WH, both teams played an exceptional game on that evening. I know that MHM allowed one stupid goal and another goal was due to us getting out of position. I am sure that WH can probably say something similar. I would be willing to rematch either team, I think soccer season should never end /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Nonetheless, I think that our District has a lot of talent in the soccer arena and I am proud to be part of it!

Coach Kimes

MHM Boys Soccer

I know that this is a bit after the fact, but this is the first time I have read the postings on this board. I know how well my team did this year and I know that we played our heart out and surpassed many's expectations; however, I also know that we played our normal game against Portland this season. I have nothing against Portland (in actuality, I have quite a few ties to Portland), but when viewing the MHM/PHS game tape, it is clear that the better team this season won. As for WH, both teams played an exceptional game on that evening. I know that MHM allowed one stupid goal and another goal was due to us getting out of position. I am sure that WH can probably say something similar. I would be willing to rematch either team, I think soccer season should never end /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Nonetheless, I think that our District has a lot of talent in the soccer arena and I am proud to be part of it!

Coach Kimes

MHM Boys Soccer

Merrol Hyde just gets the bad rap simply because they are Merrol Hyde, a school not necessarily known for their domination in any sport really. Plus they play in a district that has been dominated by the same three teams for what seems like ages: SC (though newer I think they have more than proven themselves), White House, and Portland. A lot of what is said is simply the "Who the heck is Merrol Hyde and what are they doing here?" mentality. The Hawk soccer team earned everything they got this year, and I think a lot of that was proven more in the sectional game than the win over Livingston. One could point to District 8's dominance of the region as the simple reason they were able to advance, but outside of Portland last year, no Region 4 team had been competitive in a sectional game in quite some time. MH was a goal away from a state tournament birth, and SC finally pushed it over the hump (yes I know WH has been to state, but that was like a million years ago). Congrats to MH on a great year, and I look forward to it being competitive at the top of this district for a while.

Merrol Hyde just gets the bad rap simply because they are Merrol Hyde, a school not necessarily known for their domination in any sport really. Plus they play in a district that has been dominated by the same three teams for what seems like ages: SC (though newer I think they have more than proven themselves), White House, and Portland. A lot of what is said is simply the "Who the heck is Merrol Hyde and what are they doing here?" mentality. The Hawk soccer team earned everything they got this year, and I think a lot of that was proven more in the sectional game than the win over Livingston. One could point to District 8's dominance of the region as the simple reason they were able to advance, but outside of Portland last year, no Region 4 team had been competitive in a sectional game in quite some time. MH was a goal away from a state tournament birth, and SC finally pushed it over the hump (yes I know WH has been to state, but that was like a million years ago). Congrats to MH on a great year, and I look forward to it being competitive at the top of this district for a while.

not to down any team by any means but to say merrol hyde was clearly a better team than portland is just outrageous i mean the groft brothers have more talent than any merrol hyde soccer player ever and this is comin from a station camp player who plays center back and knows what a good team is and trust me when it comes to fire power portland had more and to prove it look at the scores of the regional champ game against merrol hyde a dominating 5-1 loss i mean yes they do deserve respect for where they got but not over other teams in the district i mean come on they did well but it really doesnt matter till u get to murfreesboro i mean it took us a few years to notice it but now we see and next year sc will be very strong only losing j. landham a great keeper but replaceable. Overall MH u deserve respect but dont take it to far and no offebse but coach no more dressing up it really shows a lack of respect for our district and i know SC and many other teams like portland and whitehouse tyr to gain respect but things like that aer just degrading to it

Overall MH u deserve respect but dont take it to far and no offebse but coach no more dressing up it really shows a lack of respect for our district and i know SC and many other teams like portland and whitehouse tyr to gain respect but things like that aer just degrading to it

First off, what are you referring to? "Dressing up"? My standard attire as a coach is one of our many team shirts and either dress pants, black windpants or shorts, depending on the weather. How does this include any style of dressing up? Also, the last thing I have is a lack of respect for this district, as shown if you read my prior post. I think our distirct gets to see some great soccer played every season and I know how much hard work and dedication goes into making that happen. I do not understand how what I wear affects that in any way?

Anywho, back to the original post. Exum (sorry if it is spelled incorrectly) -- congratulations on earning Overall MVP in the district, you definitely deserved it. I honestly believe that you were the best man on the SC defensive end this season. With this in mind, my hat does go off to SC, especially in our Region Finals. You guys showed up and wanted it more. Nevertheless, I do believe that our previous games (2-1, 2-0) gives a better light into the team that MH had became this season. Yes, you did win both of those as well, but you have to give my team some credit that we did stand on our own in both of those games.

Congrats on a spectacular season and it was great to hear about a District 8 team making it to Murfreesboro! Congrats!

First off, what are you referring to? "Dressing up"? My standard attire as a coach is one of our many team shirts and either dress pants, black windpants or shorts, depending on the weather. How does this include any style of dressing up? Also, the last thing I have is a lack of respect for this district, as shown if you read my prior post. I think our distirct gets to see some great soccer played every season and I know how much hard work and dedication goes into making that happen. I do not understand how what I wear affects that in any way?

Anywho, back to the original post. Exum (sorry if it is spelled incorrectly) -- congratulations on earning Overall MVP in the district, you definitely deserved it. I honestly believe that you were the best man on the SC defensive end this season. With this in mind, my hat does go off to SC, especially in our Region Finals. You guys showed up and wanted it more. Nevertheless, I do believe that our previous games (2-1, 2-0) gives a better light into the team that MH had became this season. Yes, you did win both of those as well, but you have to give my team some credit that we did stand on our own in both of those games.

Congrats on a spectacular season and it was great to hear about a District 8 team making it to Murfreesboro! Congrats!

The Dressind up that im talkin about is when u wear 2 different colored socks and had ur face painted if im not correct and the dressing up is not a direct lack of respect its almost embarrasing thats what im talkin about that a coach would dress up like that and i will give it to you your team has did hold their own but to really be calling out teams and sayin ur directly better than they are ur just lookin to get ragged on seriously and the way ur attire affects the respect of our district well just ask the hendersonvilles the gallatins the brentwoods if a coach were to do that in thier district they would be the laughing stock of the game of soccer. In conclusion thank you for the congratulations on the mvp and regional and state. congratulations to yall to i was really rootin for yall to beat boyd and congratulations to urself for the coach of the year but dont let it go to ur head ur gonna have a tough year next year rebuilding after losin so many seniors but good luck. And u spelled my name right by the way

Just to clear the air, I was in no way calling out another team. I was just replying to a previous post that directly dogged my boys and their accomplishments this year. I have the utmost respect for every program in this district as I see a lot of talented players. Please do not take my original post as being disrespectful in anyway.

And wearing two different soccer socks (face was definitely not painted), that matched our teams color, was in celebration of making it to where we did. I guess it is normal up North (where I have grown up) for a coach to celebrate a team's victory, sorry if you thought it was meant in any other way. Also, I truly doubt that my wearing soccer socks to a game would lose respect for our district, but I guess that is just were we think differently.

We did lose a lot of talent and leadership this year and with being at a magnet school I am not for sure what we will get youth wise, but I am looking forward to working with my sophomore and junior classes as there is some hidden potential there. Nonetheless, I am a coach who does not mind the win or loss on the scoreboard but who really cares that we played our hearts out and left it all on the field. As long as my boys do that, no matter who it may be, I will be ecstatic (although it was nice to make it pretty far this year /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />)

Have a great summer break and good luck next year.