MJ, Beech & W.C.

RIPSHOT

I think it is pretty sad when you feel it necessary to get on here and talk about someone you obviously do not know. All I was doing was answering someone's question and you felt a need to get on here and start blasting people. I have no dog in this fight, I only know who Mr. RIPSHOT was asking about. Sorry if I hurt your feelings...............wait a minute, no I'm not.

come on you can agree with me, dont worry she will still play for you in the summer. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

come on you can agree with me, dont worry she will still play for you in the summer. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I agree, I do not assume one big play got Caroline a scholarship at Lipscomb or Shelby a scholarship at East Tennessee. These girls are dedicated and have produced their entire high school career. I would think there was some promotion along the way but in the end it is their character and abilities that get em noticed. And, all of em have earned their way.

But I have some questions for Mr. Jack...

1. "Who is playing with whom for the summer"?

2. "What do the Nighthawks have to do with softball success in TN" (from your previous post),

and,

3. "What does any of your ramblings have to do with how exciting it was to watch three teams in District 9 symbolically fight to the death for a Regional Berth"? If you saw these games, which I assume you did not...you would (or should) be congratulating these teams, their coaches, their parents and their schools.

It sounds like it is YOU who has some ill will against these teams. Could it be that it is YOUR...as you put it..."darling daughter" has not carried the mail like some of the players on MJ, Beech and W.C.?

As you said... "Your guess is as good as mine"!

I agree, I do not assume one big play got Caroline a scholarship at Lipscomb or Shelby a scholarship at East Tennessee. These girls are dedicated and have produced their entire high school career. I would think there was some promotion along the way but in the end it is their character and abilities that get em noticed. And, all of em have earned their way.

But I have some questions for Mr. Jack...

1. "Who is playing with whom for the summer"?

2. "What do the Nighthawks have to do with softball success in TN" (from your previous post),

and,

3. "What does any of your ramblings have to do with how exciting it was to watch three teams in District 9 symbolically fight to the death for a Regional Berth"? If you saw these games, which I assume you did not...you would (or should) be congratulating these teams, their coaches, their parents and their schools.

It sounds like it is YOU who has some ill will against these teams. Could it be that it is YOUR...as you put it..."darling daughter" has not carried the mail like some of the players on MJ, Beech and W.C.?

As you said... "Your guess is as good as mine"!

1. stlbrd knows who i mean

2. nighthawks were one of the first teams that started the travel ball around here locally, and get away from the dixie youth/little league mentality

3. did see the games. this is the most competative district in AAA, and anyone in it can win state at any given time. the batters of MJ from 1-9 still have the ability to dominate anyone, and hopefully this will occur in the next two weeks.

4. did have a daughter that played four years in D1.

5. did not say caroline or shelby was a one hit wonder, they both worked very hard to get where they are and are both deserving in what they received. i was just stating you either promote and send your summer schedule to the to the colleges, or get lucky and a coach sees that one big play that puts you on their shortlist. shelby and caroline both proved themselves in summerball and promoted themselves among the other 7 MJ seniors who are signed.

My whole problem with your original post was that my perception was that you you were overly promoting one player or trying to get others to talk about that one player, instead of congradulating (like you said) the teams. I have a lot of friends that are on MJ and a few on Beech, and I just voiced an opinion that they themselves wanted to do. Beech and MJ are both my favorites to finally bring the AAA championship back to middle tn. they both have the bats to beat soddy and ooltewah.

So if you were not trying to promote the "godzilla of softball" then i say to all that read this I was wrong and i retract my comments.

"So if you were not trying to promote the "godzilla of softball" then i say to all that read this I was wrong and i retract my comments."

Damage done, unless you want to delete the posts you already made.

Nobody was trying to promote anyone, I was answering questions. Since you know so much about softball, who will MJ face the rest of the way, that has a pitcher that throws as hard? That is the question I was answering.........and I am pretty sure I got it right.

"So if you were not trying to promote the "godzilla of softball" then i say to all that read this I was wrong and i retract my comments."

Damage done, unless you want to delete the posts you already made.

Nobody was trying to promote anyone, I was answering questions. Since you know so much about softball, who will MJ face the rest of the way, that has a pitcher that throws as hard? That is the question I was answering.........and I am pretty sure I got it right.

Only one is close is Holly Thomas but she only throws around 65, so Kat is still 4/5 mph faster then she is. It was real smart for Beech's coaches to hide their secret weapon until they needed her. I guess Lauren will be sitting the rest of the season, but thanks for being so consistant and effective throughout the year. MJ must be really hoping they do not have see Kat again.

Only one is close is Holly Thomas but she only throws around 65, so Kat is still 4/5 mph faster then she is. It was real smart for Beech's coaches to hide their secret weapon until they needed her. I guess Lauren will be sitting the rest of the season, but thanks for being so consistant and effective throughout the year. MJ must be really hoping they do not have see Kat again.

Were have you been, Hideing secret weapon? hahaha Kat is no secret. Kat throws 70 mph??? haha I think not.

You obviously "don't know jack". They haven't been hiding Kat all year. She has pitched in almost as many games as Lauren has and she's their shortstop. She also pitched several innings last year against MJ. BTW, she doesn't throw 4/5 mph faster that Thomas. She's fast but I haven't seen any current high school pitchers throwing anywhere near 70 mph /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> And no, Lauren won't be sitting the rest of the season. I suspect that Coach Woods will continue to use them as he did during the district tournament with Lauren starting the game and Kat coming in to close the game.

There you go again. No one ever said she threw harder than Thomas. No one called her a secret weapon. I am sure Lauren will pitch like she has all year and I am quite sure MJ is not dreading facing either one of them.

I hope the best for both teams, they both should be at state this year.

You obviously "don't know jack". They haven't been hiding Kat all year. She has pitched in almost as many games as Lauren has and she's their shortstop. She also pitched several innings last year against MJ. BTW, she doesn't throw 4/5 mph faster that Thomas. She's fast but I haven't seen any current high school pitchers throwing anywhere near 70 mph /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> And no, Lauren won't be sitting the rest of the season. I suspect that Coach Woods will continue to use them as he did during the district tournament with Lauren starting the game and Kat coming in to close the game.

Thomas is around 62 -64 as is Banks. 63 is not going to "blow" batters away. Lauren Baker is so successful because of her location and movement. The key to ALL successful pitchers is composure on the mound, movement and location. Cat Osterman only throws 64, Angelea Tincher of Virginia Tech 64-65. Stacy Nelson of Florida about 64-65. ( Florida just won the SEC) Tincher and Nelson are the top college pitchers out there today. They have excellent movement and control. Abbott throws 68 but she is no more effective than Cat Osterman at 64.

Beech is smart to start Lauren and close with Kat as they contrast each other so much as pitchers.

just joking geeez. believe me i know lauren and kat have been sharing games. i did not know it was such a touchy subject. again i was just being smart alecky going off what ripshot stated that they been hiding this unknown pitcher. everyone knows kat has been around and she is one of the better young pitchers around. i really do want to see both MJ and Beech win it. Anyone but those guys down south. again i was just messin with ripshot, not anyones programs. anyway goodluck to them both.

fishunt you guys going to take care of trinity this year?

Thomas is around 62 -64 as is Banks. 63 is not going to "blow" batters away. Lauren Baker is so successful because of her location and movement. The key to ALL successful pitchers is composure on the mound, movement and location. Cat Osterman only throws 64, Angelea Tincher of Virginia Tech 64-65. Stacy Nelson of Florida about 64-65. ( Florida just won the SEC) Tincher and Nelson are the top college pitchers out there today. They have excellent movement and control. Abbott throws 68 but she is no more effective than Cat Osterman at 64.

Beech is smart to start Lauren and close with Kat as they contrast each other so much as pitchers.

Cat chooses to throw between 60-64 (depends on what pitch) due to her ball does not move as well at 67/68 (her words) Tincher throws in the upper 60s consistantly sometimes 70, just ask the national team when she no hit them, team mate Big Mac has verified this.. nelson does hang around 64-65 saw her last year playing UT. Thomas does throw her rise ball 65 consistantly (at least that is what my gun said.) everything else is like u said 60-62. Banks does not throw as hard as Thomas, seen them both in summer and school ball unless she gained a couple mph in a month. Emily Renfro is the hardest throwing soph out there. I believe she is a soph. Goodpasture's schmidt hits 63/64 on some of her pitches, but her movement is what is key at 43'.

Movement is the key like you said, anyone can hit a fastball. your great pitchers will be able to move the plane of the ball when they want to. ie rises /drops. in and out, curves/ screws and change speeds,change ups. A successful pitcher will master all these elements.

High school ball you can blow most of the teams away with a fastball. college and Gold ball you better have movement or "over the fence they go".

But hey we can argue this all day, when it comes down to it you are effective or your not.

Cat chooses to throw between 60-64 (depends on what pitch) due to her ball does not move as well at 67/68 (her words) Tincher throws in the upper 60s consistantly sometimes 70, just ask the national team when she no hit them, team mate Big Mac has verified this.. nelson does hang around 64-65 saw her last year playing UT. Thomas does throw her rise ball 65 consistantly (at least that is what my gun said.) everything else is like u said 60-62. Banks does not throw as hard as Thomas, seen them both in summer and school ball unless she gained a couple mph in a month. Emily Renfro is the hardest throwing soph out there. I believe she is a soph. Goodpasture's schmidt hits 63/64 on some of her pitches, but her movement is what is key at 43'.

Movement is the key like you said, anyone can hit a fastball. your great pitchers will be able to move the plane of the ball when they want to. ie rises /drops. in and out, curves/ screws and change speeds,change ups. A successful pitcher will master all these elements.

High school ball you can blow most of the teams away with a fastball. college and Gold ball you better have movement or "over the fence they go".

But hey we can argue this all day, when it comes down to it you are effective or your not.

You really don't know jack do you? Emily obviously doesn't throw as hard as Kat because she is Ellen's mother. Nice try, but you are still wrong....even though you are trying real hard to be right.