MJ, Beech & W.C.

RIPSHOT

You really don't know jack do you? Emily obviously doesn't throw as hard as Kat because she is Ellen's mother. Nice try, but you are still wrong....even though you are trying real hard to be right.

But emily verballed to UT also didnt she? /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not unless they are wanting the mom to play......

that was a joke again Bird. since mrknowitall has disappeared, i am a sidekick without a hero, i must trade barbs with you. for the record, not being a smart***, kat, beech, MJ, and even Hendersonville will always have my upmost respect. again toughest district in the state of Tennessee.

that was a joke again Bird. since mrknowitall has disappeared, i am a sidekick without a hero, i must trade barbs with you. for the record, not being a smart***, kat, beech, MJ, and even Hendersonville will always have my upmost respect. again toughest district in the state of Tennessee.

Oh, we are trading barbs now? I still think you went a little overboard with the "daddy" comment. What is put in the newspaper has nothing to do with "promotion" regardless of what you've heard. Everyone knows, if you are a pitcher, obviously you will get more press. One of the most humblest girls I know.

1. stlbrd knows who i mean

2. nighthawks were one of the first teams that started the travel ball around here locally, and get away from the dixie youth/little league mentality

3. did see the games. this is the most competative district in AAA, and anyone in it can win state at any given time. the batters of MJ from 1-9 still have the ability to dominate anyone, and hopefully this will occur in the next two weeks.

4. did have a daughter that played four years in D1.

5. did not say caroline or shelby was a one hit wonder, they both worked very hard to get where they are and are both deserving in what they received. i was just stating you either promote and send your summer schedule to the to the colleges, or get lucky and a coach sees that one big play that puts you on their shortlist. shelby and caroline both proved themselves in summerball and promoted themselves among the other 7 MJ seniors who are signed.

My whole problem with your original post was that my perception was that you you were overly promoting one player or trying to get others to talk about that one player, instead of congradulating (like you said) the teams. I have a lot of friends that are on MJ and a few on Beech, and I just voiced an opinion that they themselves wanted to do. Beech and MJ are both my favorites to finally bring the AAA championship back to middle tn. they both have the bats to beat soddy and ooltewah.

So if you were not trying to promote the "godzilla of softball" then i say to all that read this I was wrong and i retract my comments.

Now there you have it.

This is a perfect example of how people can talk it out without getting bent out of shape.

Thank you Mr. Jack for clarifying it all. And, to sum it up. The Godzilla comment back at the very start was not the "Godzilla of softball" it was "she looked like Godzilla out there" ...and this was only a reference to her height as compared to the other girl that had pitched against us all season... she looked very tall, and threw harder. Yes, she beat us but my Godzilla comment was about her stature only. And, talking about any player, or, prompting others to talk about a particular player is not promoting a player. Heck, you could talk about anybody and somebody will inevitably start trashing these young ladies for some reason and I still do not get that. If a girl gets her name in the paper every day, it ain't the coach, it ain't the dad, it ain't her mom, it ain't the player...it the writer of the article that's the reason for it. Don't know the dad or the girl but I find it hard to believe that he promotes the paper to mention his daughter and I am certain you realize that. Our girls are in the paper all the time and I KNOW that their moms and dads ain't out there calling asking for a spot for their daughter. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> In fact, I have never even heard anyone ever say that. I have been around a while and I have found if someone wants to say something or "promote a player" ... then promote away. I can read it and I can hear it and...I can either agree or disagree but in no way will I every disparage that player or their family on hearsay or personal opinion. It just ain't right. Mr. Jack, I ain't saying you necessarily did this...but you almost did if you know what I mean. If someone starts promoting Caroline Mason...is that bad? Heck no it ain't bad even it I am her dad.

In fact...I am gonna start promoting Caroline Mason right now. She is one of the best players in the state (in my opinion only), she is a hard out, a great out-fielder and a wonderful Christian girl. And...she is going to contiue her education at Lipscomb University?

I hope she makes it to the state with the rest of her fine team and great coach cause she deserves it and she is an Amazon at the plate.

Thanks Mr. Jack for your clarification. We seem to be on the same page I hope. And...I hope your are a visionary with your MJ and Beech picks for the state.

We'll know Monday nite.

I do hope that a 9AAA wins it and I hope it is MJ. If it ain't MJ, I want Beech. The Soddy Daisy and Ooltewah example is a good one. But, District 9 better batton down the hatches for Monday's match-ups and take care of business.

Now there you have it.

This is a perfect example of how people can talk it out without getting bent out of shape.

Thank you Mr. Jack for clarifying it all. And, to sum it up. The Godzilla comment back at the very start was not the "Godzilla of softball" it was "she looked like Godzilla out there" ...and this was only a reference to her height as compared to the other girl that had pitched against us all season... she looked very tall, and threw harder. Yes, she beat us but my Godzilla comment was about her stature only. And, talking about any player, or, prompting others to talk about a particular player is not promoting a player. Heck, you could talk about anybody and somebody will inevitably start trashing these young ladies for some reason and I still do not get that. If a girl gets her name in the paper every day, it ain't the coach, it ain't the dad, it ain't her mom, it ain't the player...it the writer of the article that's the reason for it. Don't know the dad or the girl but I find it hard to believe that he promotes the paper to mention his daughter and I am certain you realize that. Our girls are in the paper all the time and I KNOW that their moms and dads ain't out there calling asking for a spot for their daughter. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> In fact, I have never even heard anyone ever say that. I have been around a while and I have found if someone wants to say something or "promote a player" ... then promote away. I can read it and I can hear it and...I can either agree or disagree but in no way will I every disparage that player or their family on hearsay or personal opinion. It just ain't right. Mr. Jack, I ain't saying you necessarily did this...but you almost did if you know what I mean. If someone starts promoting Caroline Mason...is that bad? Heck no it ain't bad even it I am her dad.

In fact...I am gonna start promoting Caroline Mason right now. She is one of the best players in the state (in my opinion only), she is a hard out, a great out-fielder and a wonderful Christian girl. And...she is going to contiue her education at Lipscomb University?

I hope she makes it to the state with the rest of her fine team and great coach cause she deserves it and she is an Amazon at the plate.

Thanks Mr. Jack for your clarification. We seem to be on the same page I hope. And...I hope your are a visionary with your MJ and Beech picks for the state.

We'll know Monday nite.

I do hope that a 9AAA wins it and I hope it is MJ. If it ain't MJ, I want Beech. The Soddy Daisy and Ooltewah example is a good one. But, District 9 better batton down the hatches for Monday's match-ups and take care of business.

You got it right.......Caroline is a VERY hard out. Always puts the ball in play and usually hits it HARD! Don't know if she needs promoting, but I will join in! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Now there you have it.

We'll know Monday nite.

I totally apoligize to AB i thought Ripshot was AB. Hoof in mouth disease. Ripshot you are correct, your daughter is one of the best hitters out there. She was Cats nightmare last year. Hope you and MJ do it, this is your year, show everyone that if they make a mistake it is going out of the park.

I am going to hide under a rock now with mrknowitall.

stlbird, i still luv ya.

While we are on names :

It is "KAT" Banks , not "CAT "who is an entirely different person, and Angela Tincher no hit the USA team because she has one of the best rise balls in the nation but she throws closer to around 65 not 70. She does not throw as hard as Abbott. As stated before the better movement comes around 65 and that is what she depends on.

While we are on names :

It is "KAT" Banks , not "CAT "who is an entirely different person, and Angela Tincher no hit the USA team because she has one of the best rise balls in the nation but she throws closer to around 65 not 70. She does not throw as hard as Abbott. As stated before the better movement comes around 65 and that is what she depends on.

you would know

Only one is close is Holly Thomas but she only throws around 65, so Kat is still 4/5 mph faster then she is. It was real smart for Beech's coaches to hide their secret weapon until they needed her. I guess Lauren will be sitting the rest of the season, but thanks for being so consistant and effective throughout the year. MJ must be really hoping they do not have see Kat again.

Give me a break. Good but not that good