INDY v McGavock, BHS v Glencliffe

Welshdragon

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally agree, however I believe that Mcgavock can acutally come out on top of this one. Severaly people don't know but Mcgavock has a few TN united players and some kids that have played ODP before. Also Mcgavock has very high levels of indivdual talent but still is lacking on working as a cohesive unit. I bet this game will be very close and exciting for start to end.

brentwood is deff favored in this match up however i would like to see glencliffe pull out on top and as for INDY they should have no problem with mcgavock both teams have played almsot the same teams and INDY has done much better against them. INDY 2-0 Brentwood 4-1

Brentwood will win in a blowout 4-0 even without their star Bradley Jacobs and Independence will win comfortably 2-0. In the past 5 years, I think there has only been one year where the 11AAA teams DIDN'T meet up again in the regional finals ( I believe Glencliff upset Ravenwood one year in OT). Basically, bet the farm on 11AAA.

Brentwood will win in a blowout 4-0 even without their star Bradley Jacobs and Independence will win comfortably 2-0. In the past 5 years, I think there has only been one year where the 11AAA teams DIDN'T meet up again in the regional finals ( I believe Glencliff upset Ravenwood one year in OT). Basically, bet the farm on 11AAA.

To be honest the record of some of the teams from the weaker districts mean nothing. Williamson county (and other Districts) is quite an accomplishment and while posting a 13 win regular season looks good (for the experience gained in the regular season from playing quality teams is much more valuable and will be evident in the playoffs, its a shame that some of the best teams of the state have to face each other so early in the tournament.

to be honest the record of some of the teams from the weaker districts mean nothing, coming out of williamson county is quite an accomplishment and while posting a 13 win regular season looks good the experience gained in the regular season from playing quality teams is much more valuable adn will be evident in the playoffs, its a shame that some of the best teams of teh state have to face each other so early in the tournament.

it will be interesting to see the two contrasting styles of play< independence comes in battle tested and has proved they belong with the strenght of their regular season schedule as well as defeating hillsboro and centenial in the distict tournament who were both high quality teams, they did not show their best against brentwood but the chips dont always fall your way, the ability of them to come back and play a quality game vs mcgavock will go a long way in earing some respect for the new program. all year it has been talked about how independence is over rated and their fans are the only reason they are in games, but when district tournament time came around all the talkers, had there oppurtunitys to put up or shut up, i think we all saw what happend.

it will be interesting to see the two contrasting styles of play< independence comes in battle tested and has proved they belong with the strenght of their regular season schedule as well as defeating hillsboro and centenial in the distict tournament who were both high quality teams, they did not show their best against brentwood but the chips dont always fall your way, the ability of them to come back and play a quality game vs mcgavock will go a long way in earing some respect for the new program. all year it has been talked about how independence is over rated and their fans are the only reason they are in games, but when district tournament time came around all the talkers, had there oppurtunitys to put up or shut up, i think we all saw what happend.

welshdragon- whats your opinion on some of the fields around the midstate, soccer is a beautiful game and deserves just as beautifu a setting, not to mention its hard to play the through ball when radom sprouts of crabgrass are raiding your field, i guess of for teams who encourage th long balll the field conditions may not be as important.

to be honest the record of some of the teams from the weaker districts mean nothing, coming out of williamson county is quite an accomplishment and while posting a 13 win regular season looks good the experience gained in the regular season from playing quality teams is much more valuable adn will be evident in the playoffs, its a shame that some of the best teams of teh state have to face each other so early in the tournament.

A huge red flag that Independence should win easy is that McGavock lost to Overton, the last place team in 11AAA this season. 'Nuff said.