district 7aaa? smyrna or siegel?

heftylefty

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I believe Smyrna will probably win the state title this year. With Chris Akin, Brandon Barnes, and Johnny Gillis they shouldn't have a problem with any other team... unless Soddy gets in their way again;)

This shouldn't even be a topic. Smyrna will crush them by 1000 pins. For state, I would have to go with Smyrna and Soddy. Smyrna lead by Brandon Barnes and Johnny Gillis. For Soddy, Matt Lyon and Scott Dimirjian.

This shouldn't even be a topic. Smyrna will crush them by 1000 pins. For state, I would have to go with Smyrna and Soddy. Smyrna lead by Brandon Barnes and Johnny Gillis. For Soddy, Matt Lyon and Scott Dimirjian.

You have no clue how close the matches between these two were last year. It was less than 150 pins every time and both teams have their top players back. This should be a two great regular season match ups.

You have no clue how close the matches between these two were last year. It was less than 150 pins every time and both teams have their top players back. This should be a two great regular season match ups.

Are you refering to the match between Soddy and Smyrna last season during the Sectional event at Holiday Bowl Hixson? That was the only match between these two teams last season, and it was a very good one! After the second game, it was anybody's guess who would come out victorious.

In the first game, Soddy shut out Smyrna 8 points to none. However, Smyrna kept their composure and got right back into the match by winning the second game 6 points to 2. At this point, Soddy knew that they only needed another few points to secure the victory. A few points, nevertheless, were more than Soddy could handle as they watched the match slip through their fingers. With only 2 frames left in the match, the only secured point Soddy had achieved was by Scott Demirjian, who had already shut out Steven Witherspoon. Furthermore, the total-pins award of 3 points had gotten away from Soddy, and it didn't appear that any other bowler on Soddy's team could defeat his opponent. This meant that Soddy was about to lose a match that they had started by shutting out Smyrna. When the tenth frame had come, Soddy's Brandon Watson had officially lost his point by the score of 195-193 against Johnny Gillis. Soddy was about to face defeat. The only hope they had was for Alex Lane to strike out for a final of 246 to defeat a talented Chris Gillis, who had a possible 280 game going until the 9th frame. By this time, Chris had finished with a 245, and Alex proceeded to capture the victory with three consecutive strikes. After the last pin fell, the Soddy crowd erupted with a cheer comparable to the noise a jet engine emits at takeoff. Smyrna had been defeated after an incredible display of heart, determination, and raw skill. They are one of the most respectable teams in the state, and they are better than ever this year.

I have never seen Siegel bowl, but I don't think there are too many teams who could run with Smyrna.

As for the 150 pin difference after each game, 1263(Soddy)-1105(Smyrna) was the score after game 1. After game two, 1260(Soddy)-1270(Smyrna) was the game score, and 2523(Soddy)-2375(Smyrna) was the total through the 2 games. In the third game, 1199(Soddy)-1275(Smyrna) was the score, and the final was 3722(Soddy)-3650(Smyrna). This was the most intense match of Soddy's season.

For anyone on Smyrna's team:

1. Very good job last season!

2. What were your thoughts on this match? Was it the most intense match for you as well?

3. Keep up the good work /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Are you refering to the match between Soddy and Smyrna last season during the Sectional event at Holiday Bowl Hixson?

I have never seen Siegel bowl, but I don't think there are too many teams who could run with Smyrna.

As for the 150 pin difference after each game

This was in reference to Siegel and Smyrna during the season last year. The 150 pins was at the end of each match, not per game. This topic was started looking towards next season between these two teams.

• 3 weeks later...

smyrna will never beat siegel by 1000 pins this year, I would even say 200 pins unless we fall apart. If you don't know what your talking about then don't say anything. Smyrna won by about 150-200 pins everytime last year. It wasn't johnny or brandon that shined either it was johnathon collier who got them rolling...

smyrna will never beat siegel by 1000 pins this year, I would even say 200 pins unless we fall apart. If you don't know what your talking about then don't say anything. Smyrna won by about 150-200 pins everytime last year. It wasn't johnny or brandon that shined either it was johnathon collier who got them rolling...

I'm just wondering, are y'all talking about the district or the regional championship. I want make a pick as who will win I don't know what Siegel has coming back. If it is the regional title then where does Columbia end up in the region, and who wins and hosts the sub-state and who travels to Chattanooga to face either Soddy Daisy, or Walker Valley winner. I would like for somebody to fill me in on siegel, and what they are looking like this year. I do know Matt Roberson is their top bowler who else???

I'm just wondering, are y'all talking about the district or the regional championship. I want make a pick as who will win I don't know what Siegel has coming back. If it is the regional title then where does Columbia end up in the region, and who wins and hosts the sub-state and who travels to Chattanooga to face either Soddy Daisy, or Walker Valley winner. I would like for somebody to fill me in on siegel, and what they are looking like this year. I do know Matt Roberson is their top bowler who else???

Matt and Michael Horenkamp will be leading the way with an average of about 210 probably. I know Matt beat Brandon 2-3 last year and if Michael gets in a close game he will find a way to beat johnny.We didn't lose anybody that was good last year. Our other bowlers will be averaging around 180-190 with Stephen Telford, Tyler Rohrbaugh, Patrick Schloss and 2 people that can come off the bench and bowl 180s. I also know that they have a new kid that transfered from Denver that is supposed to be in the 190-200 range. I think we can make some noise if Matt and Michael set the tone and the rest follow. Should be a breeze for both teams to the region though... only competion i think will be each other.

Matt and Michael Horenkamp will be leading the way with an average of about 210 probably. I know Matt beat Brandon 2-3 last year and if Michael gets in a close game he will find a way to beat johnny.We didn't lose anybody that was good last year. Our other bowlers will be averaging around 180-190 with Stephen Telford, Tyler Rohrbaugh, Patrick Schloss and 2 people that can come off the bench and bowl 180s. I also know that they have a new kid that transfered from Denver that is supposed to be in the 190-200 range. I think we can make some noise if Matt and Michael set the tone and the rest follow. Should be a breeze for both teams to the region though... only competion i think will be each other.

H'mmm, sounds like you guy's are going to have a solid team this year. Who knows? a couple of those 180 or 190 average guys might step it up a notch to a 200 average things could get interesting come Tournament time. Hey good luck, and good bowling!!