Golden Circle All Star Game

terop

It was a very sloppy game in my opinion ( girls game much better) Blake looked comfortable and had the biggest highlight of the game. Mclin showed potential to be good and Jeremy Rhodes looked very smooth and like a player that could be very good. Ricky the Truth didnt do anything spectacular but his overall game with the jumper and ability to drive the ball will serve him great in college. MVP Jeremy Fason - JCM

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a very sloppy game in my opinion ( girls game much better) Blake looked comfortable and had the biggest highlight of the game. Mclin showed potential to be good and Jeremy Rhodes looked very smooth and like a player that could be very good. Ricky the Truth didnt do anything spectacular but his overall game with the jumper and ability to drive the ball will serve him great in college. MVP Jeremy Fason - JCM

Rhodes is very good. NO DOUBT. Rhodes has been in and out of Rudesill's doghouse for two straight years. Rhodes is as talented as any senior or anybody that played in the All-star game. He has been under the radar for various reasons..and none of those reasons are good. I can remember watching Rhodes as a freshman agains Arlington Day out of Florida ( ranked top 1o in the country) at the Marshall County hoopfest...Lets just say that team had Kemp and Chism....Rhodes certainly didn't go unnoticed. He was actually playing some wing back then, but at his height he has played more inside ever since Chism graduated. Trust me Rhodes can light it up from three and alos can handle the ball and has a variety of moves around the basket. Ive watched him for 4 years and and said since he was a freshman he would turn into a D1 player.He will either go JUCO and then D1 or we will never hear anything else about him...it's one of those situations. You are absolutley right , he is a very smooth player.

Rhodes is very good. NO DOUBT. Rhodes has been in and out of Rudesill's doghouse for two straight years. Rhodes is as talented as any senior or anybody that played in the All-star game. He has been under the radar for various reasons..and none of those reasons are good. I can remember watching Rhodes as a freshman agains Arlington Day out of Florida ( ranked top 1o in the country) at the Marshall County hoopfest...Lets just say that team had Kemp and Chism....Rhodes certainly didn't go unnoticed. He was actually playing some wing back then, but at his height he has played more inside ever since Chism graduated. Trust me Rhodes can light it up from three and alos can handle the ball and has a variety of moves around the basket. Ive watched him for 4 years and and said since he was a freshman he would turn into a D1 player.He will either go JUCO and then D1 or we will never hear anything else about him...it's one of those situations. You are absolutley right , he is a very smooth player.

Yea I remember seeing him as a youngster playing on the wing for Bolivar and saying this guy will be the next in line of Bolivar greats....although he had an up/down career he still has a chance to be good....but if a coach like rudesill can't bring out the potential in player I don't know who can...

I though both girls and boys games where very evenly matched. The committee did a great job in selections and although some players had conflicts and couldn't play, both games where some what of a surprise. When the teams where first selected I thouth the north would win both games hands down as well did many of the readers of Coach T, but considering the south girls lead the whole game up until the lasted 4:00 minutes of the game, and the boys was undecided until the last 3 or 4 minutes as will, it was two very close matched games. Over all not the best of the all-star games but still some very good players on the floor. No doubt that Poston took over the girls game and lead the north back to victory. She deserved the MVP that she got. In the boys match up no one player stood out but Fason had some very nice moves inside and scored on the inside trees at will. Close call on the boys MVP but I think Fason was deserving as was McLin had the North won. Maybe next year will be better!!

Yea I remember seeing him as a youngster playing on the wing for Bolivar and saying this guy will be the next in line of Bolivar greats....although he had an up/down career he still has a chance to be good....but if a coach like rudesill can't bring out the potential in player I don't know who can...

Jeremy's situation is as unique as any I've ever heard of. I wish this kid the best. He has overcome a lot..............................................but still has a long way to go.

On a side note, and totally off the topic, we don't have many Fayette-Ware posters on this board. However, a Fayette-Ware basketball player collapsed and passed during a scrimmage game yesterday. Please keep the school and those kids in your prayers.

Jeremy's situation is as unique as any I've ever heard of. I wish this kid the best. He has overcome a lot..............................................but still has a long way to go.

On a side note, and totally off the topic, we don't have many Fayette-Ware posters on this board. However, a Fayette-Ware basketball player collapsed and passed during a scrimmage game yesterday. Please keep the school and those kids in your prayers.

I have been out of town the last two weeks. I was not aware of that. I will keep all in my prayers.

I think the promoter made some money. All of the best players were not there and they were wise not to be there.

Very low rate production overall. Music was being played all the game very disruptive.

What game were you watching. Their was not any music playing during the game and as far as I recall all the top Seniors were playing. Who was left out????

I'm sorry. wrong "Allstar" game. I was referring to the one held in Jackson TN at Northside HS. Maybe that was called the West TN allstar also to bring the people in.

haha ok just checking...what happened at that all star game....nobody said anything about that one on here