Lewis County

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hickman Co. should win the region. This will be the "old 4A team's" last run in 2A before the effect of East Hickman is felt in the years to come. Swenson is gone back to Huntingdon but the players are still there for the Bulldogs to make another run to the quarterfinals of the playoffs before they'll eventually have to play a Goodpasture, DCA, or CPA type of team.

Harpeth may be headed back to the late-90's/early 00's form. They basically return everyone from a team that just missed the playoffs last year by losing close heartbreakers against both Richland & Fairview. With the players they have returning the Indians should win those games (they'll be favored in all likelihood).

OUTSIDE OF THESE TWO TEAMS I JUST ON'T FEEL LIKE ANYONE HAS MUCH OF A SHOT AT BEATING LEWIS COUNTY. Bobby Sharp does a great job there. They are a region title contender year in and year out and are always a 2nd or 3rd Round Playoff team. They'll be playing into November.

I guess that's a non district game since WC isn't in the region?

Hickman County is going to have to play some defense to win the region. They are talented on offense but you have to wonder if they'll run the wing T anymore. I think Swenson's teaching of the wing T and the way they were able to execute it had a lot to do with HC's success. Time will tell.

Lewis County will be in the mix I'm sure.

Harpeth is bringing in another stong freshman class. That's 3 in a row. Better athletes should start paying dividends for the Indians. I'd like to see a few more linemen.

Better not overlook Wayne County. They got the Rice kid at QB, just a sophomore but a whale of a talent. They are also not afraid to teach a play called the forward pass, unlike some other programs we know...

Does Wayne County play LC this year, I heard in W'boro the other day that Coach Rice was dropping LC

from their schedule again. From what I saw at the Bruceton scrimmage LC is huge and fast, it doesn't look

like there is much of a drop off from last year, if any

Panthers Football dates:

08-22---------H--------Mt. Pleasant

08-29---------A--------Waynesboro

09-05---------H--------Richland

09-12---------OFF

09-19---------H--------Fairview

09-26---------H--------Waverly

10-03---------A--------Harpeth

10-10---------A--------Loretto

10-17---------A--------Hickman

10-24---------A--------Ezell-Harding

10-30---------H--------East Hickman <------Thursday Night Game due to halloween

http://lewiscountytalk.com/talkback/viewtopic.php?t=5050

There will be a lot of Thursday night games in week ten this season due to the fact that Halloween is on that final Friday night in October. A short week at the end of the season can potentially come back and bite a team in the rear. I know that a lot of Lewis Co. fans may remember the 2003 week ten matchup between Cheatham Co.-Fairview in which the at the time 8-1 Cubs were huge favorites however they were shocked by a previously 4-5 Fairview bunch that went on to host a first round playoff game and sent the Cubs to McKenzie as a result of that contest.

Thursday night games are very dangerous and should never be taken for granted.

Panthers Football dates:

08-22---------H--------Mt. Pleasant

08-29---------A--------Waynesboro

09-05---------H--------Richland

09-12---------OFF

09-19---------H--------Fairview

09-26---------H--------Waverly

10-03---------A--------Harpeth

10-10---------A--------Loretto

10-17---------A--------Hickman

10-24---------A--------Ezell-Harding

10-30---------H--------East Hickman <------Thursday Night Game due to halloween

http://lewiscountytalk.com/talkback/viewtopic.php?t=5050

wayne co. is playing on that halloween friday at the end of the season we got c'wood