Sweetwater summer baseball 15-18 year

Guest topdog

Guest topdog

I want to say of all the summer teams I have seen the Sweetwater team 15-18 year old team was the best. They play to win but more important they play to have fun. I really want to tell people that it is important to win but a child is only a child one time and they all need to enjoy their lives. So many are fussed at so much they seem to loose the fun that they deserve. Parents and coaches need to see that sports are for fun for the kids not the spectators. If you watch a kid make a mistake pat them on the back and say its ok not screem at them. Sweetwater had this and I enjoyed them more than any team I have ever seen. Great job Sweetwater. You will all make something of yourselves one day by the way you enjoy playing.

Guest topdog

We are from Perry County and we played them in the last of June. They did have trouble the 1st day we played having enough players but the 2nd day they played us. I don't know the names of the kids or the team name but they all had great attitudes and enjoyed the game so much. But they could play. I really believe if they did not have as many errors they would do better. But I give them more than any score by their great attitudes and laughing and enjoying playing the game.

• 3 months later...

I played for Sweetwater this summer. The team was started in Greenback, but Sweetwater players kind of "over run" the team! We played the Perry County team at Sweetwater b/c the Greenback field is horrible and in the boondocks! It was fun, but the players were running show which means we were just there to play. We really stunk, but it made the summer go by and got us a little action while we got ready to play fall league. If we would have practiced and had a little dicipline we may could've competed with our opponents, but I really doubt it! I played for a Seqoyah team also, but Paul Dacus told me about the Greenback team, so I played for them too! I don't regret any of it, it was a blast. So Sweetwater really didn't have a team, we were the Greenback Bombers, but 7 of the 10 players we had were from Sweetwater!

The team that played this summer can't compare to our high school team! The summer team was a joke! Our high school team should be alright, I promise we'll be better than the 2002 Wildcats. We have 5 Senior starters returning, but we will need the younger guys to step up. If they do, I know we can compete with teams like Walker Valley and Meigs County. My name is Cody Matoy, Jedi isn't writing this he didn't play for the summer league team! Hack, who do you play for?

• 3 months later...

I also played sweetwater and i'm from Perry Co.We drove 6hrs to play this summer team and when we showed up at the field it was in no condition to play on.We had to help 3 guys rebuild the mound and dig up grass from every inch of the infield. There weren't even any umpires who showed up we had to use fans from the stands to umpire.I believe though they gave us some good competion.The first day the had a few guy's who looked like they never played befor.The second day it looked like they got players out of the wood work.All in all it really wasn't the players fault about the conditions because they were a good group of guy's. they came to our hotel and played cards that night.so the second day was like playing in your back yard. But I hope they do good in the season and good luck ;)