14U AAU National Championships

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to my girls, the Knoxville Lady Panthers on their 9th place finish in their 1st ever trip to D1 Natls! Shaelyn Brown, Katie Harvey, Shannon Parks, Quaneisha McCurty, Hayley Newby, Summer Jackson, Hayley Roberson, Megan Jenkins, and April Besley- awesome run ladies!

What a great job Clarksville did with this National Championship. The city seemed to embrace it! Great facilities, professional and consistent refs, lots of local media coverage. 1st class all the way- thanks to all those involved in planning and making this a memorable event!

Congrats to all the TN teams especially the Lady Shox. Wish we could have met you in the finals!!

Congratulations to my girls, the Knoxville Lady Panthers on their 9th place finish in their 1st ever trip to D1 Natls! Shaelyn Brown, Katie Harvey, Shannon Parks, Quaneisha McCurty, Hayley Newby, Summer Jackson, Hayley Roberson, Megan Jenkins, and April Besley- awesome run ladies!

What a great job Clarksville did with this National Championship. The city seemed to embrace it! Great facilities, professional and consistent refs, lots of local media coverage. 1st class all the way- thanks to all those involved in planning and making this a memorable event!

Congrats to all the TN teams especially the Lady Shox. Wish we could have met you in the finals!!

Heard you guys picked up some talent from the Xtreme -or is it the Xpress?- for the Nationals. Is this true and if it is, who were they, what position did they play, and are you going to keep them.

Heard you guys picked up some talent from the Xtreme -or is it the Xpress?- for the Nationals. Is this true and if it is, who were they, what position did they play, and are you going to keep them.

It's the Xtreme. And yes, I hope we stay together and feel that we will. Quaneisha©, Summer(g) and April(g) were nice enough to join us for Natls. We had a really good team before, great one after combining! The Xtreme has some talent!! The girls did a GREAT job after only being together for about 3 weeks. Our "original" girls were pretty good, getting second in the Starz SRT (defeating the Starz, Twisters, Shox) and winning the East sub-state. The new girls are awesome and took us to a new level! In 6 games we had 4 different leading scorers. Either way it was a fun ride. Clarksville put on a GREAT tournament! Congrats to the Pistols and 76ers, they were the best 2 teams and give us all something to shoot for.

It's the Xtreme. And yes, I hope we stay together and feel that we will. Quaneisha©, Summer(g) and April(g) were nice enough to join us for Natls. We had a really good team before, great one after combining! The Xtreme has some talent!! The girls did a GREAT job after only being together for about 3 weeks. Our "original" girls were pretty good, getting second in the Starz SRT (defeating the Starz, Twisters, Shox) and winning the East sub-state. The new girls are awesome and took us to a new level! In 6 games we had 4 different leading scorers. Either way it was a fun ride. Clarksville put on a GREAT tournament! Congrats to the Pistols and 76ers, they were the best 2 teams and give us all something to shoot for.

Ok--just a couple of more questions. Are you based out of Knoxville, if not, where, and if you are out of Knoxville how did you host Nationals in Clarksville??? Also, how did you get the xtreme girls? I know of several teams that have tried to get thier center and the guard that comes with the center and have been turned down.

Ok--just a couple of more questions. Are you based out of Knoxville, if not, where, and if you are out of Knoxville how did you host Nationals in Clarksville??? Also, how did you get the xtreme girls? I know of several teams that have tried to get thier center and the guard that comes with the center and have been turned down.

Why the 3rd degree? Sounds like congrats are in order to the Panthers on a job well done!!!

I guess technically we are based out of Seymour but roughly Knoxville. We have the following schools represented: Seymour, Midway, Oliver Springs, Farragut, Lenoir City, and Maryville, along with 2 girls from Northwest Whitfield (GA) and one from Dalton (GA). The "host" team means nothing other than the host city is allowed to place a team in the field and since the local team, the Shox, placed 2nd at state the "host" spot was offered to us. We got the Xtreme girls by calling and asking them if they wanted to go to Natls- simple as that. They had already turned down at least 3 other teams when we called and we are thrilled that they did! They fit in perfectly with the rest of the team, the chemistry is great, and all 3 were major contributors all week. The questions are not a problem- I enjoy talking about my girls. Sometimes the small market team's players don't get the attention they deserve. You can also email me at skyshae2001@yahoo.com if you have any other questions toughnut.

BTW, the Leaf Chronicle picked an all-tournament team and 3 out of the 12 girls chosen were on TN rosters. Lady Shox phenom Bashaara Graves (only a rising freshman), Knoxville Lady Panther Quaneisha McCurty, and Memphis Elite Danielle Ballard.

Thanks robpride- they had a great week!

Why the 3rd degree? Sounds like congrats are in order to the Panthers on a job well done!!!

I'm just nosy!! Nothing other than that, honest!!

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

First of all CONGRATULATIONS to the Lady Panthers on a good National Tournament run. Maybe the reason the Lady Panthers and the Xtreme hooked up on this is because the the two guys involved know and respect each other and understand this is for the girls and not about using the National Tournament to try and pull kids from the other organization like most groups do. There also maybe a 15u building for next year. (Xtreme Lady Panthers). I hear changes with the Xtreme and Lady Panthers groups are coming. Could be fun for 2009!!!