East Tn top 10 #2

soccernut151

Who are the next 10 looking in? 11-20

11. Sevier County In arguably the toughest region in the state they have a solid club squad with a not so solid of a high school coach. Next year will be a good year for them getting to move regions.

12. Knox Central A decent group of young ladies, and depth again will be an issue, but could upset some schools if they do not show up to play.

13. Roane County In a tough district, but seem to have talent every year. Could compete in the end but have alot of work to do early on to get there.

14. Webb Great group of girls under sized and need work to solidify the defense. Losses of key players and coaching change will probably make this a rebuilding year.

15. Seymour Alot of talent just no depth behind them. Loosing 9 seniors will hurt them badly this year as far as leadership goes. The incoming freshman though are talented. Could be a force if they gel together.

16. Anderson County In the toughest district in AAA always seem to be on the outside looking in. This year with Catholic down they might have a chance, but we will see.

17. Hardin Valley The new kid on the block. Best player not able to play until tournament time will hurt them, but will grow together as a team this year and will be someone to watch in the coming years. Still has the talent to knock off some district opponents though!

18. Gatlinburg Pittman Up in the mountains we don't see them in Knoxville much. Very solid defensive team and were able to knock off Alcoa last year. Lost some talent to graduation, but always seem to have girls that are blue collar.

19. Alcoa Lost alot of production last year almost 50 goals with one returner with more than 5 goals this year will be a tough one. I think they will grow alot as the year progresses, and they will be young this year.

20. Pigeon Forge Lost the Price girl last year. Always are a very athletic team, and the coaches do well to get the best out of them. They will still probably have alot of work to do to make it to the sectionals.

What do you think nut?

Not sure if i left anyone out let me know if there are others out there to be considered I am getting to old to remember everything!

16. Anderson County In the toughest district in AAA always seem to be on the outside looking in. This year with Catholic down they might have a chance, but we will see.

Slightly off topic, but what is the definition of the toughest distict? Is it strength top to bottom, or more strength at the top.

I would argue that IMO, the definition of the strongest distict would be a district with more than 2 teams that would have success at regions/sectional/state, if only they could get out of district. Anderson is in District 4/Region 2, along with CAK, which is very strong, but 2nd best is Knox Catholic. Last year, CAK ended up #5, and Catholic as #8. Nobody else was ranked.

District 6 with Notre Dame (#2), Chattanooga Christian (#4), and Hixson (#11) is probably a slightly stronger district.

District 9, with FRA (#1), CPA (#3), DCA (#7), David Lipscomb (#10), and Goodpasture Christian (#11), probably deserves the distinction as the strongest/deepest district in A/AA.

District 11 is the strongest/deepest for AAA.

Slightly off topic, but what is the definition of the toughest distict? Is it strength top to bottom, or more strength at the top.

I would argue that IMO, the definition of the strongest distict would be a district with more than 2 teams that would have success at regions/sectional/state, if only they could get out of district. Anderson is in District 4/Region 2, along with CAK, which is very strong, but 2nd best is Knox Catholic. Last year, CAK ended up #5, and Catholic as #8. Nobody else was ranked.

District 6 with Notre Dame (#2), Chattanooga Christian (#4), and Hixson (#11) is probably a slightly stronger district.

District 9, with FRA (#1), CPA (#3), DCA (#7), David Lipscomb (#10), and Goodpasture Christian (#11), probably deserves the distinction as the strongest/deepest district in A/AA.

District 11 is the strongest/deepest for AAA.

I was more concerned about the greater knoxville area.

It is hard to have success at state as a public school who has to compete with the high level of play and depth of the private schools, and since two move on out of the district this is tough to prove yourself on a level outside of that with the exceptions of tournaments.

It is hard to say which is the toughest district, but you do raise an interesting point. I would say the toughest district across the state changes year after year amongst the 3 districts we have mentioned.

What are the rankings really though? The draw at the tournament has alot to say where you finish up in the end.