Hillsboro v.s. BA

Hillsboro scrimmaged BA today in what was a good game that was dominated by the Burros. any thoughts on the scrimmage? did anybody see it if so what did you think of both teams...

please let me add that when i say hillsboro dominated that is what my friend said i didnt go. i called him while he was there and he is a reliable source dont think he'd just say that.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hillsboro scrimmaged BA today in what was a good game that was dominated by the Burros. any thoughts on the scrimmage? did anybody see it if so what did you think of both teams...

please let me add that when i say hillsboro dominated that is what my friend said i didnt go. i called him while he was there and he is a reliable source dont think he'd just say that.

wouldn't say dominated, most of the first half BA controlled the ball and the scoreboard. Hillsboro scored on a fumble then took the lead in the 3rd quarter. BA came back and scored with 30 sec. to go, went for 2 and went up by 1. Hillsboro kicked a 57 yard fg with no time and "won" a scrimmage. BA didn't play it's starting QB except for part of the first quarter in order to give the 2nd string guy the reps for depth purposes.

wouldn't say dominated, most of the first half BA controlled the ball and the scoreboard. Hillsboro scored on a fumble then took the lead in the 3rd quarter. BA came back and scored with 30 sec. to go, went for 2 and went up by 1. Hillsboro kicked a 57 yard fg with no time and "won" a scrimmage. BA didn't play it's starting QB except for part of the first quarter in order to give the 2nd string guy the reps for depth purposes.

I agree "dominated" doesn't accurately describe the game. Both teams played relatively well. Alex Crutcher is still out with an ankle injury for HHS. BA and HHS both should have very good seasons if today was any indication.

By the way, one of the BA staff members told me that #14 left with a concussion. Is that not correct? He was fine and they just brought in their backup? That's good news if that is the case.

This scrimmage was actually run more like an actual game than a "scrimmage". The coaches stayed off the field. Both teams basically played their best players available. I just wish they would have played all four quarters. They should play this game during the season in future years. Great atmosphere for a mere scrimmage.

How did the lines match up. i know that BA has some D1 prospects and hillsboro has some question marks. also heard Eric Gordon put on a show, is that true?

Eric should have caught the long TD pass on the first play of the drive that setup the long FG. Bounced off of his fingertips!!!! Otherwise, he played pretty well.

I agree "dominated" doesn't accurately describe the game. Both teams played relatively well. Alex Crutcher is still out with an ankle injury for HHS. BA and HHS both should have very good seasons if today was any indication.

By the way, one of the BA staff members told me that #14 left with a concussion. Is that not correct? He was fine and they just brought in their backup? That's good news if that is the case.

This scrimmage was actually run more like an actual game than a "scrimmage". The coaches stayed off the field. Both teams basically played their best players available. I just wish they would have played all four quarters. They should play this game during the season in future years. Great atmosphere for a mere scrimmage.

Yes, #14 left the game with a mild concussion

That is what I was told, but I never really saw him leave the field. I just noticed that #10 was in the game the rest of the way and he played really well I thought.

I hope #14 is okay. He appears to have a good and accurate arm.

Yea, he will be fine... He never left the field, he was on the sidelines the rest of the time. But, it was good for the backup to get that exposure. Yes, he does have a good and accurate arm and makes smart decisions with the ball, (Only threw four picks in 13 games last year, 2 coming in the state title game), but he did hurt his shoulder on the same hit as the concussion

who were the stars for both these teams? please details on the LINE match up.

BA's line is HUGE and talented. HHS's line is undersized and will have to mesh together and develop an attitude and swagger about themselves in order to compensate this year. Meanwhile, HHS is very fortunate to have a mobile QB.

I thought BA's RB did a very good job of running the ball.

HHS's star I guess was probably Kicker Hendrix Brakefield. He consistently kicked it out of the endzone and nailed two pretty long FG's the longest being the last one.