compusatman

why would anyone want to push their daughter to play football nad baseball (guy sports) when a person must KNOW that they will face ridicule when they play guy sports. why not let them play softball and other female sports?????? can guys play girl sports, compusman????? c'mon dude-----lets face reality!!!! what would you have said if your daughter had played and gotten hurt and then couldnt have played basketball for jessica or at south now? what would you have said then.... as for coach hoover, he was done wrong. PERIOD!!!!!! yeah, hunter is coaching now, but why have a coach if he is being FORCED to do a job? He doesnt want to be coaching!!!!!! He wants to be spending time with his family instead of coaching, so congratulations Mr. G--you have ruined 2 mens lives.

You are right about my daughter. You are right about Mr. G. You are wrong about Hunter. He definately wants to coach but he knows it will destroy his family eventually. So he is willing to concentrate on what is more important. True my daughter had no business playing a mans sport regardless of how good she could have been and no I wouldn't have let her play in HS. So yes, Coach H did me a favor. My point was that it was how he went about it. I got in my car and went home and after I had time to think about it I knew it was the best thing. All I was after was to pump up her reputation before she hit South. In the end she did not need that and there were better ways to achieve the same goal. And yes, the main consideration was her safety. I am fortunate in that regard. But, had it been another parent. Had it been a Mr. G with a daughter with the same talent and ability as mine and he handled it the way he did he would have been in hot water. And that is the basis of the mentality that got him in trouble this time. I would love to coach at the optimist level. But I can't because I would be in jail in short order for abuse. Hades, all he did is push a kid that had tried his last nerve and was disrupting progress. I would have stopped practice and run bull in the ring with him in the ring until.......Suffice to say he was a good coach even if he had no people skills. You're saying, who cares that he had no people skills and I'm saying it's the most important part. Yes, he got the short end of the stick. But the fact is he lost control for a milisecond and with the wrong person and the Sullivan County Statute is not on his side. If the issue is pressed he will suffer consequences beyond what has happened already. Am I glad he lost his position because of what happened to my daughter? Of course not. He stepped in and managed Hunters boys as if Hunter had never left. I know...none of this is of any value to you because you feel he was cheated and I feel so also. But old school methods won't float in todays water. Imagine if Stacy ridiculed a player in the same manner for the same reasons. Which parent would be the one to call him out on it? Of course the answer is it would never happen. Stacy is a professional. But I guarantee you in some parent the potential is there. After Coach H told me no I started paying attention to how he did things. He mowed the field. I offered help he declined. He sold the banners. You don't have pregame meals any longer do you? He avoided having to deal with parents as much as he could. That is indicative of a problem communicating with people. Correct, none of that matters. I has nothing to do with him being shafted. No matter how you cut it he was done wrong. But it actually has everything to do with the situation. It is the undelying mentality that supported his action against the boy. That is how a court of law will dissect this. Ask Dan Street. All because of something so so small. Football is the last bastion of a glimmer of freedom and common sense and this is evidence that someday the sport will no longer be as we know it.

Announcements