Dyersburg Rolls!....65-14...

StevieRayVol

Did Dyersburg even throw a pass?...Most of their damage came on the ground didn't it?...Snook Taylor had a big game...( IF HE KEEPS HIS HEAD ON STRAIGHT...HE CAN BE YOUR NEXT REALLY GOOD TROJAN TB)...hear he put up some GREAT NUMBERS....Don't think they had but one kid or maybe NO KIDS who went both ways....That "WE ARE GONNA HIT YOU IN THE MOUTH AND BE HERE IN THE FOURTH QUARTER MENTALITY" is gonna be something to see...Can't wait until next week...GO TROJANS...

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Counce showed class as always. The score of this game could have easily been 100-0. The starters sat out most of the second half and he let off with the play calling at the start of the 2nd Quarter. The first test for these young Trojans will be this Friday at Haywood. We don't have any reason to be excited..............yet!

For anyone thinking the Trojans ran the score up....think again. The thing about Frayser for one is I really have to question how much they work on punts. Several snaps over the punters head gave the Trojans a very, very short field to work with. Dyersburg has and always will take advantage of situations like that as they did against Frayser.

The score at the half, 51-6, was due in large part because Dyersburg was just that much better, whether it was the first team or the last team. I'm not saying the Trojans are ready for Murfreesboro by any means because they're not, but it was a great atmosphere and one heck of an opening night. I understand the entrance plays absolutely no role in how the game is played, but if there is a better one in the state I would sure like to see it.

Last but not least, Dyersburg is going to smack opponents in the mouth this season from start to finish. No predictions on how the squad will end the season, but from Frayser to Dyer County you better strap them helmets on tight when the whistle blows and be prepard to face a physical football team.

For anyone thinking the Trojans ran the score up....think again. The thing about Frayser for one is I really have to question how much they work on punts. Several snaps over the punters head gave the Trojans a very, very short field to work with. Dyersburg has and always will take advantage of situations like that as they did against Frayser.

The score at the half, 51-6, was due in large part because Dyersburg was just that much better, whether it was the first team or the last team. I'm not saying the Trojans are ready for Murfreesboro by any means because they're not, but it was a great atmosphere and one heck of an opening night. I understand the entrance plays absolutely no role in how the game is played, but if there is a better one in the state I would sure like to see it.

Last but not least, Dyersburg is going to smack opponents in the mouth this season from start to finish. No predictions on how the squad will end the season, but from Frayser to Dyer County you better strap them helmets on tight when the whistle blows and be prepard to face a physical football team.

I thought again...and posted I was wrong /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Understand completely why they were left in....as I have stated...I freely admit I am not the most knowledgeable. My sincere wish is for one day D-burg and DC to have 2 of the best teams in the state. Give the whole county something to be proud of....as I have stated , I am very excited for the years to come.

This one was disappointing. Though the Memphis school had good size, speed and athletes, a lack of fundementals and coaching made it feel more like a scrimmage than a real game. I'm not sure Dyersburg gained a lot from the blowout. It could have been much worse if the staff had chosen to show anything other than dive left and dive right 90 percent of the time, or have chosen to not pull the regulars early in the 3rd quarter. I like what I saw of Xavier Taylor. He's extremely quick and could develop into one of the region's best backs. The Trojans aren't very big, compared to the last 2 or 3 years, but still seem to have enough athletes to be competitive in the region. I've seen Counce take less talent than what this team has and win a lot of games. Next week at Haywood will tell a lot. The Tomcats will provide a stiff challenge, so the Trojans better prepare for a physical contest. I don't care if Haywood is 1-1 and coming off a loss or not, They will be big, fast, physical and hungry, just like they always are. It's always a war with Haywood, and especially in Brownsville. If DHS isn't mentally and physically ready to go to war, it'll be a very long night. Should be a great contest though. The most physical team will get the W, IMO.

This one was disappointing. Though the Memphis school had good size, speed and athletes, a lack of fundementals and coaching made it feel more like a scrimmage than a real game. I'm not sure Dyersburg gained a lot from the blowout. It could have been much worse if the staff had chosen to show anything other than dive left and dive right 90 percent of the time, or have chosen to not pull the regulars early in the 3rd quarter. I like what I saw of Xavier Taylor. He's extremely quick and could develop into one of the region's best backs. The Trojans aren't very big, compared to the last 2 or 3 years, but still seem to have enough athletes to be competitive in the region. I've seen Counce take less talent than what this team has and win a lot of games. Next week at Haywood will tell a lot. The Tomcats will provide a stiff challenge, so the Trojans better prepare for a physical contest. I don't care if Haywood is 1-1 and coming off a loss or not, They will be big, fast, physical and hungry, just like they always are. It's always a war with Haywood, and especially in Brownsville. If DHS isn't mentally and physically ready to go to war, it'll be a very long night. Should be a great contest though. The most physical team will get the W, IMO.

I have always said.."IF JAMES COUNCE HAD HALF THE ATHLETES HAYWOOD HAD....HE WOULD HAVE TWO OR THREE STATE TITLES"...but for what it is worth...I think Coach Counce learned something about that 42-10 loss to David Lipscomb 2 years ago in the semi-finals....Lipscomb wasn't loaded with D-1 prospects...Matter of fact...Zach Rogers was a sophmore...And don't remember him playing a big part in the win...Lipscomb ran about 6 plays allnight....But ran them with discipline, execution and pride...and they were PHYSICALLY STRONGER than Dyersburg....And they just HIT YOU IN THE MOUTH UNTIL YOU GAVE UP....I think the "NEW OFFENSE" and "NEW DIRECTION" this team is taking is just that....Maybe ONE kid going both ways...and that is it...There conditioning is SECOND to none...If you want proof...Talk to a few of the kids who worked out with the team before going off to college..They will say COLLEGE has been a breeze compared to the workouts they went throught this summer..."That has been told to me by at LEAST ONE FORMER TROJAN" who is at the next level....This is a young team..Not the biggest ( JT Beasley, "Boo" Tettleton etc. of the past)...but I feel they will be PHYSCIALLY STRONGER as team and in better shape when the fourth quarter gets here....Don't look for lots of mis-direction and razzle dazzle from this current group of Trojans....I think Counce will have his players be disciplined, fundamentally sound, and WELL COACHED( AS ARE ALL JAMES COUNCE COACHED TEAMS)/...And if the game is close in the fourth quarter...His team will be the one with the most fuel left in the tank....Kind of like a boxer..."Beat on the body and when it gives out , the mind will follow"....It will be interesting...

I have always said.."IF JAMES COUNCE HAD HALF THE ATHLETES HAYWOOD HAD....HE WOULD HAVE TWO OR THREE STATE TITLES"...but for what it is worth...I think Coach Counce learned something about that 42-10 loss to David Lipscomb 2 years ago in the semi-finals....Lipscomb wasn't loaded with D-1 prospects...Matter of fact...Zach Rogers was a sophmore...And don't remember him playing a big part in the win...Lipscomb ran about 6 plays allnight....But ran them with discipline, execution and pride...and they were PHYSICALLY STRONGER than Dyersburg....And they just HIT YOU IN THE MOUTH UNTIL YOU GAVE UP....I think the "NEW OFFENSE" and "NEW DIRECTION" this team is taking is just that....Maybe ONE kid going both ways...and that is it...There conditioning is SECOND to none...If you want proof...Talk to a few of the kids who worked out with the team before going off to college..They will say COLLEGE has been a breeze compared to the workouts they went throught this summer..."That has been told to me by at LEAST ONE FORMER TROJAN" who is at the next level....This is a young team..Not the biggest ( JT Beasley, "Boo" Tettleton etc. of the past)...but I feel they will be PHYSCIALLY STRONGER as team and in better shape when the fourth quarter gets here....Don't look for lots of mis-direction and razzle dazzle from this current group of Trojans....I think Counce will have his players be disciplined, fundamentally sound, and WELL COACHED( AS ARE ALL JAMES COUNCE COACHED TEAMS)/...And if the game is close in the fourth quarter...His team will be the one with the most fuel left in the tank....Kind of like a boxer..."Beat on the body and when it gives out , the mind will follow"....It will be interesting...

if Xavier "SNOOK" Taylor keeps his head on straight and gets his grades up we could be watching him on saturday plus remember this kids only a junior