shooters

Guest bb15

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gilessf

Ashley Helton from Lawrence Co. has a shooters touch from downtown . Also Amy Beavers from Wayne Co. has a nice touch also . I watched Ashley Helton , Jess Russell and Mamie Rutherford play for AAU Shooters this summer and it was the best back court I saw anywhere . :)

There are alot of good shooters out there that don't get enough credit. They all work so hard to get better and then they don't get anything. I give them all credit b/c it doesn't come easy. I have known alot of great shooters that have gone through basketball programs and some of them are still playing basketball. And the shooters are from different districts and regions. Some of the ones that have gone through their programs have made a big impact and the ones that aren't through school quit yet they will make a big impact if they haven't already in the past. Arleigh Brackin, Amanda Austin, Jenna Baltimore, Kera Bergeron, Emily Lane, and there are many more that I have skipped(Sorry but I can't think and write down everybody or I would never get done with this it would keep going and going)that have been through their program that has made a big impact. Kim Blankenship, Aylssa Bowman, Kim Dye, and many more that are still in their programs will make a big impact. I just want to congratulate all the girls that have had such a good careers and I want to wish the ones still in their careers good luck. Keep working hard and everything will turn out for the best. One of my real good friends told me this one day and I love this saying "Play like there's no tomorrow" b/c it is such a good saying. Because it goes by quick and you can't bring the past back to you. Good luck to everyone in the years to come and may all of you be injury free.

Guest oletimes44

I agree with everything you have said slammin, except for one thing...it is shooters that get all the credit...they are the ones that get the spotlight...they are the ones with their names in the paper...they are the ones who get the awards. That is fine too, I am not mad that defensive players and the assist men don't recieve the attention. The assist man has no problem hiding in the shadows...if he did have a problem with it, he wouldn't be doing it.

Guest NEVERDIE

that was so well said. rebounders, assist men, and defenders get over looked. but those are the ones that play for the pure love of the game so they dont mind being in the shadows!

Guest oletimes44

I agree with you as well...shooters, passers and defenders alike play for the love of the game. It is just that ALL defenders and passers are in it for the team and the win, whereas there will always be a few scorers who aren't playing for the right reasons. When is the last time a player was the star for his/her incredible passing? Personally, a great pass dazzles me more than a shot from downtown. All in all, EACH POSITION SHARES EQUAL IMPORTANCE. Shooters can't shoot unless passers pass. Passers can't pass unless rebounders rebound and rebounders can't rebound unless defenders defend to make the opponent throw up a bad shot. Thats how you win the game...being a team

I agree with the last several comments. Shooters must have a good pass to set them up. It really helps if other players position good screens also. So the game is about team work, however, they only count the score. The best player out of Alcoa boys was not the highest scorer. Jim Riddick had over 1700 rebounds in his career (he did have over 1300 points). The rebounds stat is amazing over probably 110 plus games. But he is not recognized as much as the scorers, because the game is points. Some people score better than others. Koral Stache from Alcoa is a "shooter". That is her role. She will score one way or other. But she has to be fed and that is part of the team work that makes everyone valuable.

Posted by TdTbb:

I agree with the last several comments. Shooters must have a good pass to set them up. It really helps if other players position good screens also. So the game is about team work, however, they only count the score. The best player out of Alcoa boys was not the highest scorer. Jim Riddick had over 1700 rebounds in his career (he did have over 1300 points). The rebounds stat is amazing over probably 110 plus games. But he is not recognized as much as the scorers, because the game is points. Some people score better than others. Koral Stache from Alcoa is a "shooter". That is her role. She will score one way or other. But she has to be fed and that is part of the team work that makes everyone valuable.

I wanted to post but without replying to anyone in particular-I dont see where to do that- so........this post is at random and not in response to anyone in particular!

What makes a "shooter" a shooter? Points scored or percentage made? Or what? :confused:

Alot of people are called that shooters that may or mat not be so deserving?