Lancaster Christian @ David Brainerd. Predictions?

jwg

L.C.A. by 14.

David Brainerd, last year at Lancaster, won 22-6 even though they played poorly for most of the game (not to mention 2 or 3 DB touchdowns that were called back because of poor officiating, but that's high school football for you). I know it was Lancaster's first year to have a team, and they had some huge lineman, but without any sort of passing game, I cannot see how LCA wins, let alone by 14. However, I have to give props to LCA's determination and sportsmanship as DB fans, players, coaches, etc., know how hard it is to start a competitive football program.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David Brainerd, last year at Lancaster, won 22-6 even though they played poorly for most of the game (not to mention 2 or 3 DB touchdowns that were called back because of poor officiating, but that's high school football for you). I know it was Lancaster's first year to have a team, and they had some huge lineman, but without any sort of passing game, I cannot see how LCA wins, let alone by 14. However, I have to give props to LCA's determination and sportsmanship as DB fans, players, coaches, etc., know how hard it is to start a competitive football program.

The best way to stop a high scoring offense is to keep them off of the field. The LCA offense is designed to eat up the clock with 4 or 5 yards at a time. I think that both teams played pretty poorly. LCA was in the DBCS redzone several times only to be stopped. You can't really blame officiating, it is a judgement call and is the nature of the game. From what I hear, DBCS is having trouble stopping the run between the tackles. That isn't good when you play a team like LCA who primarily runs between the tackles. Also, size was not an asset last year on the line as changes were made midyear to get those kids out. They were really not playing well. This year LCA is smaller up fornt but quicker and stronger. It should be a great game. Best of luck to both teams!

The best way to stop a high scoring offense is to keep them off of the field. The LCA offense is designed to eat up the clock with 4 or 5 yards at a time. I think that both teams played pretty poorly. LCA was in the DBCS redzone several times only to be stopped. You can't really blame officiating, it is a judgement call and is the nature of the game. From what I hear, DBCS is having trouble stopping the run between the tackles. That isn't good when you play a team like LCA who primarily runs between the tackles. Also, size was not an asset last year on the line as changes were made midyear to get those kids out. They were really not playing well. This year LCA is smaller up fornt but quicker and stronger. It should be a great game. Best of luck to both teams!

so y'all were 5-1 with the big line and then you switched to a smaller quicker line and lost your next 4 games? they sound a lot better /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

failure is not the wrong term....i'll break down the schedule for you

lookout valley-52-26? do you honestly believe lookout valley is 26 points better than dbcs? i didn't see it

I Agree with you it should have been 74 to 0, Refs make 2 bad calls that would give LV the ball both times. The Secondary let 3 long passes get behind them. DB will not make the Play-offs Again. Sorry!

it might be a close game if lancaster has a play besides hand it off to the fast guy and the line run forwards as fast as they can....you can't be that predictable all game long....please enlighten me if lca's offense is any different this year and i might concede you a close game....but they couldn't match up with dbcs on offense last year and they won't again this year

Wow. First of all, you sound ridiculous trying to "analyze" our football team. Have you ever studied the double wing? Probably not, since it isn't an in the Madden 09 playbook, but its the most prolific scoring offense in American high school football history. The blockers do anything but "run forwards as fast as they can." Each blocker has very specific assignments and the scheme relies on the line to be athletic enough to pull and get good angles. In terms of "giving it to the fast guy," the double wing relies on multiple backs and and misdirection to be successful. The game plan is never to constantly feed it to "the fast guy." I figured you would understand that after two of our backs combined to gash your defense for 200 total yards last season. If I'm not mistaken, the two teams were close in terms of total yardage. LCA may have even had a slight edge.

Last year, the score was 6-6 at the half. DBCS got a 76 yard touchdown run when our tackling broke down in the third, and iced the game with a perfectly thrown deep ball in the fourth. LCA had its chances and fumbled/turned the ball over on downs. I don't know which game you were watching, but it definitely wasn't the one I saw. The two teams matched up well, and I am really glad that at least the DBCS fans are overlooking us. We are significantly better this year than we were last year.

LCA 21, DBCS 20

Wow. First of all, you sound ridiculous trying to "analyze" our football team. Have you ever studied the double wing? Probably not, since it isn't an in the Madden 09 playbook, but its the most prolific scoring offense in American high school football history. The blockers do anything but "run forwards as fast as they can." Each blocker has very specific assignments and the scheme relies on the line to be athletic enough to pull and get good angles. In terms of "giving it to the fast guy," the double wing relies on multiple backs and and misdirection to be successful. The game plan is never to constantly feed it to "the fast guy." I figured you would understand that after two of our backs combined to gash your defense for 200 total yards last season. If I'm not mistaken, the two teams were close in terms of total yardage. LCA may have even had a slight edge.

Last year, the score was 6-6 at the half. DBCS got a 76 yard touchdown run when our tackling broke down in the third, and iced the game with a perfectly thrown deep ball in the fourth. LCA had its chances and fumbled/turned the ball over on downs. I don't know which game you were watching, but it definitely wasn't the one I saw. The two teams matched up well, and I am really glad that at least the DBCS fans are overlooking us. We are significantly better this year than we were last year.

, DBCS 20

we are not overlooking you how in the world....lol i have responded to every single post by anyone vouching for LCA to call that overlooking is simply absurd....or maybe I am obsessive....probably that I am obsessive...maybe they are overlooking you, I certainly hope they aren't because I know if they do they will probably lose....but anyways...if you are seriously trying to come at me with "OMG THE DOUBLE WING IS GONNA WIN US A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP" you are sadly mistaken....Tennessee crowned 8 state champions last year and to my knowledge none of them ran a double wing....south pittsburg ran a single wing play to honor their coaches dad in the state championship game but they were in control from the kickoff to the last whistle...so yea...the reason I make fun of the double wing is that it simply cannot utilize the athletes in the same way that a spread, I-offense, or wing-t can....i've been watching the game film from last year...and i played last year on the defensive line and it seemed to me like all my guy did was run straight at me and try to push me down the field....and he did pull it didn't work very well because he puts right in the running backs face if you follow him....you need to inform your coach that oklahoma's "three yards and a cloud of dust" offense is simply not as effective any more....you win football games by getting the ball to your athletes in space or by manning up and mauling people off the line if you have a strong enough line and quick enough backs, neither of which LCA has...so get all fired up...but when #2 and #41 and #32 and #12 and #21 prove me right about the whole athletes in space thing...i don't want to hear a dadgum word, i can do this all day /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

we are not overlooking you how in the world....lol i have responded to every single post by anyone vouching for LCA to call that overlooking is simply absurd....or maybe I am obsessive....probably that I am obsessive...maybe they are overlooking you, I certainly hope they aren't because I know if they do they will probably lose....but anyways...if you are seriously trying to come at me with "OMG THE DOUBLE WING IS GONNA WIN US A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP" you are sadly mistaken....Tennessee crowned 8 state champions last year and to my knowledge none of them ran a double wing....south pittsburg ran a single wing play to honor their coaches dad in the state championship game but they were in control from the kickoff to the last whistle...so yea...the reason I make fun of the double wing is that it simply cannot utilize the athletes in the same way that a spread, I-offense, or wing-t can....i've been watching the game film from last year...and i played last year on the defensive line and it seemed to me like all my guy did was run straight at me and try to push me down the field....and he did pull it didn't work very well because he puts right in the running backs face if you follow him....you need to inform your coach that oklahoma's "three yards and a cloud of dust" offense is simply not as effective any more....you win football games by getting the ball to your athletes in space or by manning up and mauling people off the line if you have a strong enough line and quick enough backs, neither of which LCA has...so get all fired up...but when #2 and #41 and #32 and #12 and #21 prove me right about the whole athletes in space thing...i don't want to hear a dadgum word, i can do this all day /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Ok, so you're one year removed from high school. Your lack of knowledge makes a whole lot more sense now.

Just a few points:

1) Who said we would win a state championship this year? We are not even in a region!

2) The highest scoring offense in high school football history is the double wing. It has produced consistent state champions in California.

3) Our line is much stronger and more athletic this year.

4) Getting engaged at 19 is a horrible idea.

GO KNIGHTS!!!

Ok, so you're one year removed from high school. Your lack of knowledge makes a whole lot more sense now.

Just a few points:

1) Who said we would win a state championship this year? We are not even in a region!

2) The highest scoring offense in high school football history is the double wing. It has produced consistent state champions in California.

3) Our line is much stronger and more athletic this year.

4) Getting engaged at 19 is a horrible idea.

GO KNIGHTS!!!

dude you're still arguing with me

1) then why do you even have a football team?

2)the last time i checked lancaster christian is in TN

3)good for you, ours stinks

4)why? if you love someone (not talking about puppy love or teenager love, I'm talking about unconditionally love someone) and know you want to spend the rest of your life with them why should you not engaged? I'm pretty sure that the only reason people say that is because the divorce rate is like 50% right now and that's only because now it is acceptable to get divorced...i'm sure the divorce rate would've been at 50% in the 1800's if people could have gotten divorced without being disowned in their society....you don't understand I really can do this all day /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

dude you're still arguing with me

1) then why do you even have a football team?

2)the last time i checked lancaster christian is in TN

3)good for you, ours stinks

4)why? if you love someone (not talking about puppy love or teenager love, I'm talking about unconditionally love someone) and know you want to spend the rest of your life with them why should you not engaged? I'm pretty sure that the only reason people say that is because the divorce rate is like 50% right now and that's only because now it is acceptable to get divorced...i'm sure the divorce rate would've been at 50% in the 1800's if people could have gotten divorced without being disowned in their society....you don't understand I really can do this all day /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

I am not going to reply to the whole marriage thing but I will talk football. Even if 8 teams won the state and they all ran the spread, that only represents the amount of teams that run the spread. If 90% of TN teams run the spread than surely they are likely to represent the state for a championship. The spread is an effective offense IF you have the athletes to run it. Sadly of those 90% only about 15% have the athletes. The rest count on triple reverses and half back passes and gimmick stuff because they cannot be fundamentally sound. MJCA ran the spread since their inception and have won less than 15 games in 8 years! Most coaches that run the spread do not focus on fundamentals, they spend all practice running plays and won't even focus on defence. The DW is an offense that is effective with less than stellar athletes and can keep teams competitive. If LCA tried to run the spread last year they would have lost every game. Also LCA switched to a smaller faster line this year and is 3-0. Last year we started losing games because of tougher competition but also we had an array of injuries.DON'T GET MARRIED. You don't even know what unconditional love is, it takes years to develop it not months, it is tested through hardships, and I am not talking about arguing over what movie to see.

God Bless

I am not going to reply to the whole marriage thing but I will talk football. Even if 8 teams won the state and they all ran the spread, that only represents the amount of teams that run the spread. If 90% of TN teams run the spread than surely they are likely to represent the state for a championship. The spread is an effective offense IF you have the athletes to run it. Sadly of those 90% only about 15% have the athletes. The rest count on triple reverses and half back passes and gimmick stuff because they cannot be fundamentally sound. MJCA ran the spread since their inception and have won less than 15 games in 8 years! Most coaches that run the spread do not focus on fundamentals, they spend all practice running plays and won't even focus on defence. The DW is an offense that is effective with less than stellar athletes and can keep teams competitive. If LCA tried to run the spread last year they would have lost every game. Also LCA switched to a smaller faster line this year and is 3-0. Last year we started losing games because of tougher competition but also we had an array of injuries.DON'T GET MARRIED. You don't even know what unconditional love is, it takes years to develop it not months, it is tested through hardships, and I am not talking about arguing over what movie to see.

God Bless

how do you know what I know about love, lol you don't know anything about the relationship, you assume that because I'm 19 I don't know what love is when you don't know anything about me or my fiance or what we've been through together. I'm not saying that the double wing isn't the best offense for your team, I just don't think it's as effective an offense as the spread...mathematically...we will see I don't know why we are arguing about offenses...obviously the double wing is what you think is best for you (and after watching more film i'm sorry i was wrong you basically don't even use the fullback except to block, maybe y'all should try a wing-T, I'm pretty sure that's the most successful offense in high school football in Tennessee at this point, opens up a lot more options with using the fullback to run the football), and the spread is best for dbcs at this point in time....what are we even arguing about offenses for...