Cheatham County at Sycamore

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What has happened to the "flavor" of this game when talk on here was "smash-mouth" and tall tales were told..legends were made and folded.....????

No trash talk of this Cheatham County Championship???? What gives??? You all married now??

I am picking the Cubs by 20

Everyone has taken the "laissez faire" approach /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

What has happened to the "flavor" of this game when talk on here was "smash-mouth" and tall tales were told..legends were made and folded.....????

No trash talk of this Cheatham County Championship???? What gives??? You all married now??

I am picking the Cubs by 20

By 20? Thats just not smart. Neither team is that much better than the other plus it a rival. Its not gonna be a blow out by no means. You can probably plan on neither team even scoring twents points, but like I said previously, look for the threepeat!! GO WAR EAGLES!!!

Cubs win 15-14 in a thriller /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

This game had it all ladies and gentlemen. Sycamore drove the football down the field to the Cheatham 1 yard line but came away empty when they fumbled the ball away to the Cubs. Cheatham Co. had a 99 yard touchdown run (apparently) on the next play when Shawn Montgomery raced down the field. The run was called back for a clipping penalty that occurred 40 yards behind the play.

Cheatham Co. scored before the end of the half when Montgomery did find paydirt on a 15 yard touchdown run. Fitzhugh's PAT gave the Cubs a 7-0 lead at the half.

Sycamore scored in the third quarter when Landon Morris carried them all the way down the field with some power running. Morris scored and TD and then added a two point conversion. Sycamore led 8-7 going to the final period of play.

Following a failed fourth down attempt by the War Eagles offense the Cubs regained posession. Zach Wilson caught a TD pass from Garrett Potts on third down from the 10 yard line. The two point conversion was good when Potts hit Tyler Adkisson. The Cubs led 15-8. Joe Rinehart had an interception for the Cheatham Co. defense on the next series. After a defensive stand Sycamore blocked a Tyler Anderson punt and Tyler Cherry scooped up the loose ball and scored a TD. The War Eagles faked the PAT and Zack Bush stopped Jake Simms shy of the goal line.

Cheatham Co. Cubs: 15

Sycamore War Eagles: 14

GREAT GAME TONIGHT ON BOTH SIDES!!!!!!!!!

The postgame recap from last Friday's thrilling 15-14 Cheatham County Cubs victory over the Sycamore War Eagles is now up on the Cheatham County Cubs Football Fan Page.

The all-time series is now 5-3 between the two schools and maybe the next time the two step onto the same field with one another it will be a region contest. The stakes should be increased between these two fine football programs.

Now both teams can become fans of one another the rest of the way. Cheatham Co. will try to make the state playoffs for the 7th consecutive year under Coach Finley while Sycamore tries to make the postseason for the 2nd time in 5 years under Coach Halstead.

BEST OF LUCK TO BOTH SCHOOLS THE REST OF THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cubs played good so did sycamore both strong teams would've done better but sycamore had a few mistakes and it really hurt us when ory Carrigan drives 99yds then fumbles and they score there next series

Sycamore had:

1.) A fumble by Carrigan on the 1 yard line

2.) An interception thrown to Potts

3.) An interception thrown to Rinehart

4.) A missed 4th down attempt

5.) A missed two point conversion attempt

Cheatham Co. had:

1 & 2.) Interceptions thrown to Beatty

3.) An illegal block in the back that nullified a 99 yard TD run by Montgomery

4.) A blocked punt that went the other way for a touchdown

It was a very tough game. The humid weather took a serious toll on the players. There were a lot of linemen on both sides who were exhausted by the end of the night. Sycamore looked like to be heading for the first score of the night when Carrigan fumbled. Cheatham Co. scored on the next play but Montgomery's run was called back for a clip that occurred forty yards behind the play. On the same series the Cubs did not score. When Sycamore finally did score and went up 8-7 the Cubs fans had to be worried. The offense was sputtering and the defense was exhausted. After a three & out the War Eagles got the ball back. At their own 45 yard line they rolled the dice and went for the first down on 4th & 3. Zack Bush for the Cubs came up with a huge tackle. On the next series Cheatham Co. drove the ball down the field (even without Montgomery & Rinehart available at RB). Zach Wilson caught a TD pass on third down from Garrett Potts. The two point conversion game the Cubs a 7 point lead. After Rinehart came back out and intercepted a pass the Cubs appeared to be ready to salt the game away. Sycamore's defense came up with a stop and then the special teams blocked an Anderson punt and ran it back for a touchdown. After Shivers made a game tying PAT the point was taken away. Illegal procedure was the penalty. On the next attempt Simms attempted a fake and again Zack Bush for the Cubs was right there to stop him.

For the 2008 "Battle for the Powder Keg" we'll always remember two things ABOUT BOTH TEAMS:

1.) Execution was SLOPPY

2.) Effort was AMAZING