bipbopzot

Now that is more of what we need. We all know Monroe is the head coach and is not going to listen to anyone on here and is not going anywhere. The desired rumor was he would retire when Marshall graduated. I didn't happen. However, with that said, I like hearing positive suggestions instead of bashing. I think working within the talent you have is the best option. We don't have great QB but we have a great group of players. And as far as #5, I am glad he did NOT go in because he would have gotten KILLED by those guys. Give him some play time when we are up by alot... the first three games(didn't happen)... and maybe he could come in and do something. We do have a problem when year after year players do not return after doing well as freshman. We have only 8 players off of last years freshman team. Our junior class is the strongest ever to come through but a lot of them transferred after their freshman championship season. The answer is simple... they are not going to get much of an opportunity with the varsity so give them more than three JV games to help them develop and to keep kids from transferring or quitting after their freshman season. If I am not mistaken, I heard someone sitting near me say the "JV" team has only had ONE game this season. If that is true... that is why we do not have the needed depth and experience. That is something people need to address with Monroe. After all, someone else coaches that group.. right?

Now in the words of Mapplewood's PA guy... I would like to give a CALL OUT to these guys from last night:

#36 You showed great hands with your tough catches. Great to see you are more than just a beast on defense.

#67 Even the PA guy said, someone has to block that guy. Super game... you da man!

#38 Hardest hit all night by either side on that punt return...BAMMMM!!!

#Denfensive Coach - another excellent job. Great job rotating and getting the right guys on the field for each play set.

#7 You got hurt in the first quarter and you kept playing hard. Thanks for stepping it up.

and last but not least...

#16 You showed us that you are human after all. You did not have your best game but I commend you on 2 and a half years of perfection. I was really hoping you would get a chance to hit the game winner. Keep your head up!!!

Now let's move on to the next opponent.

#5 would get killed? He has practiced w/ Ooltewah all year since spring and has never been hurt to my knowledge,if he can take hits from those guys on defense on regular basis,I do believe,he could handle his own from anyone else.

Announcements