week 6, 9-30

PHargis

Lady Rebels upset Farragut ... and more

Lady Rebels upset Farragut

Prior to winning the Blount County volleyball tourney on Monday, Maryville defeated perennial volleyball power Farragut last Thursday, stunning the Lady Admirals, 25-23, 28-26. The Lady Rebels also downed Bearden 25-13, 29-27, in sweeping the night of matches. Jackie Garrison had 23 set assists for the Lady Rebels against Farragut, and Sarah Jenkins had six kills and eight digs. In the win over Bearden, Kylie Whaley recorded nin kilss and Paige Alwood had seven digs. In the same evening, Heritage defeated Bearden 21-25, 26-24, 25-17, with Janie Brackett and Heather Murrell recording 10 kills each. The Lady Mountaineers fell to Farragut, 25-22, 25-27, 25-15. Brackett had 13 kills in that contest and Murrell 13 points.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heritage tops WB, Lenoir City

The Heritage High School volleyball team evened its District 4-AAA record with a 25-6, 25-12 sweep of Lenoir City and a 20-25, 25-14, 25-23 win over host William Blount on Tuesday. Morgan Miller had 10 points serving and an ace for the Lady Mountaineers (17-10, 6-6) against Lenoir City, while Megan Burnett had four kills and Kelly Brackett added 20 set assists.

Brackett finished with 17 set assists in the three-game win over the Lady Govs. Heather Murrell recorded 10 kills for Heritage, and Johnna Davis had 10 points serving and two aces.

The Lady Mountaineers will face South-Doyle and Maryville on Thursday at South-Doyle.

Alcoa handles Loudon County

The Lady Tornadoes routed the Lady Redskins 4-0 at Alcoa. Cayla Cannon had a hat trick while Callie Blackford opened the scoring with a goal. Laurel Pace had an assist. Alcoa travels to Gibbs Thursday for a district game at 6:30 p.m.

Alcoa sweeps Cosby

The Alcoa High School volleyball team breezed to a 25-6, 25-13, 25-13 victory at Cosby on Tuesday. Samantha Vandiver led the Lady Tornadoes (19-16) with 14 service points and eight aces, while Rachel Hill added six kills. Alcoa will travel to Berean Christian Academy on Thursday at 5 p.m.

Hawks' Neely pitched rare volleyball shutout

By DAVID THOMAS

dgthomas@jacksonsun.com

??? October 1, 2008

Post a CommentRecommend Print this page E-mail this article Share Del.icio.us

Facebook

Digg

Reddit

Newsvine

Buzz up! This is one record which someone can only tie - and never break.

Shakena Neely, a senior outside hitter at South Side High School, had 25 straight service points against Dyer County for the 34-7 Lady Hawks and is The Jackson Sun's volleyball player of the week.

South Side won the set 25-0.

Earlier this season, Neely had 23 straight service points in a match against Fayette Academy.

Guest TheChosenOne

To be so cocky AND wrong - That's pain! Bless your heart!!

I dont think you can call the bulldog cocky since he is not a Hutch fan...his affiliation lies in Nashville! I think he was just responding to a cocky comment (which was wrong) by a poster who has yet to come back around!

Guest TheChosenOne

While all matches are significant in this news article, as Chosen mentioned previously the ECS/Hutchison contest must have been exciting and Hutchison won 3-2 and the #1 seed in the West Region Tournament. In Division II there must not be a District but the teams play for a Regional Tournament. Bekah Smith did get 36 kills in 5 sets. That is, out of 115 points won, 36 kills. Very likely this added to her top state records she has accumulated scince being at Hutchison. No numbers are given on assists in this match but must have been high with that many kills. No other stats were given.

Rebekah Smith - 36 kills (#2 all time)

Meg Stephenson - 19 kills

Caroline Sabbatini - 56 assist (new state record)

Hutchison - 74 kills (new state record)

Hutchison - 62 assist (new state record)

Hawks' Neely pitched rare volleyball shutout

By DAVID THOMAS

dgthomas@jacksonsun.com

??? October 1, 2008

Post a CommentRecommend Print this page E-mail this article Share Del.icio.us

Facebook

Digg

Reddit

Newsvine

Buzz up! This is one record which someone can only tie - and never break.

Shakena Neely, a senior outside hitter at South Side High School, had 25 straight service points against Dyer County for the 34-7 Lady Hawks and is The Jackson Sun's volleyball player of the week.

South Side won the set 25-0.

Earlier this season, Neely had 23 straight service points in a match against Fayette Academy.

SAD

To be so cocky AND wrong - That's pain! Bless your heart!!

I feel so bad for ECS because they are going to get smithhhhhhhhed again in the near future. Wal-mart has a special on Tylenol, go buy quickly, the pain will start again soon. Whoooooooooooooooo, Hooooooooooooooo, Hooooooooooooooo. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

PS. Bless your heart too.

Get ready ECS, the pain is about to begin. Hutch will beat you like a drum. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

This site is for information only and not for bantering between fans, however, if you want to do that, start your own thread on this forum and go at it. Its just this thread. thanks

This site is for information only and not for bantering between fans, however, if you want to do that, start your own thread on this forum and go at it. Its just this thread. thanks

I find your request strange. You have started numerous threads that on the headline stated that they were for infomation, etc, and then you yourself posted a diatribe about schools leaving Div I or you were defending yourself to other posters, but you are telling me that a little light hearted bantering is not allowed. There are several posts concerning Hutchison, ECS on this thread. I have a question, if you run the volleyball threads of Coach T, please let me know and would you post all your rules of what you think is right and proper, and then the mass exodus from this site will probably begin. A little kiddling never hurt anybody, you have done this yourself, veiled yes, but not everybody is inferior and not get your meaning. I have paid my dues and don't see anything wrong with some bantering between fans. You have posted what you believe about volleyball in great detail, and that is not infomation, that is your belief. But now you want to direct every post. If the moderator agrees with you, okay, but I think you have stepped over the top. I bet many posters agree. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I find your request strange. You have started numerous threads that on the headline stated that they were for infomation, etc, and then you yourself posted a diatribe about schools leaving Div I or you were defending yourself to other posters, but you are telling me that a little light hearted bantering is not allowed. There are several posts concerning Hutchison, ECS on this thread. I have a question, if you run the volleyball threads of Coach T, please let me know and would you post all your rules of what you think is right and proper, and then the mass exodus from this site will probably begin. A little kiddling never hurt anybody, you have done this yourself, veiled yes, but not everybody is inferior and not get your meaning. I have paid my dues and don't see anything wrong with some bantering between fans. You have posted what you believe about volleyball in great detail, and that is not infomation, that is your belief. But now you want to direct every post. If the moderator agrees with you, okay, but I think you have stepped over the top. I bet many posters agree. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I have nothing to do with the rules. Coach T has them posted. This appeared to b e more than kidding and its all right. You can start a thread on the matter and are free to post anything you want. Your dues are appreciated i am sure as are any ones. I don't run the threads but the reason for this one was stated in the beginning. I'm not interested in this one getting out of hand. Too much information on it to get it closed. Hope you understand. No one is inferior or superior on this site. You and all posters are respected for your views but the Topic button at the bottom of the page is just for that reason. Yes I did post about the match to be held this week and the results came back with VB information and I replied about the completeness of the information and it came back more or less complete. Yes i have jested at times but as you have seen, it is sometimes taken wrong.

Announcements