CAK off week

HSfootball54

Coach B has ruffled some feathers over his first year and half as a head coach. I listened to the game against loudon and the radio announcers didnt have anything good to say. They called him "the goose" and referred to him as goose all night. It was funny.Not sure what it meant or why,but it was real amusing. I have been to several games this year and the offense seems stale and predictable. I believe that the caliber of athletes for this offense is not in place this year and area teams have caught onto several cak weaknesses. CAk should play to there strengths and mix up there offense the

rest of the year. bradley is a good coach and will make the proper adjustments.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the explanation. I like to know how others perceive things. Hate to hear Coach B doesn't swap film, not sure why he wouldn't. Not real sure why you would want any film on us anyway? ha. Maybe to help secure another pizza party (OS posts). Now I'm thinking about opeing a pizza parlor in Alcoa. If we don't beat you in football at least I could get some of your money, ha. Happy to hear coach works the officials, we need any advantage we can get! I certainly have not seen any cockiness out of him, but I would love for our team to improve to the point that we could actually have a little of that, within reason of course. Coach B certainly does get all he can out of the players he has, we just need to get more!!

I envy (thats a sin I think) Alcoa's football success. My son had a nice invite to come join the Tornadoes but logistics were certainly a problem. Hopefully CAK will get to the point some day to aleviate Alcoa's bordom with the regional competition, but I'm afraid that may take awhile.

Really footballdad? Your son had an offer to play at Alcoa? Who is your son? Unless hes got the 9 on his chest, I cant imagine Alcoa would have much use for too many of the boys.

Coach B has ruffled some feathers over his first year and half as a head coach. I listened to the game against loudon and the radio announcers didnt have anything good to say. They called him "the goose" and referred to him as goose all night. It was funny.Not sure what it meant or why,but it was real amusing. I have been to several games this year and the offense seems stale and predictable. I believe that the caliber of athletes for this offense is not in place this year and area teams have caught onto several cak weaknesses. CAk should play to there strengths and mix up there offense the

rest of the year. bradley is a good coach and will make the proper adjustments.

Not sure about the "goose" comments, but when he is signaling plays I guess he could look like a goose, who knows. But I certainly agree with the rest of your analysis.

Really footballdad? Your son had an offer to play at Alcoa? Who is your son? Unless hes got the 9 on his chest, I cant imagine Alcoa would have much use for too many of the boys.

Relax, if you read my reponse to "tornadogold" you would see it was just a casual conversation. Nobody "offered" anything other than passing on a nice compliment about what they thought was a good looking athlete. I don't use these boards to pump up my son or any other individual. Players earn that on the field. But you shouldn't make assumptions that no one on CAK's team, other than #9, would be worthy of playing for Alcoa someday. As good as Alcoa is they can always use young upcoming players, just like any other team.

Relax, if you read my reponse to "tornadogold" you would see it was just a casual conversation. Nobody "offered" anything other than passing on a nice compliment about what they thought was a good looking athlete. I don't use these boards to pump up my son or any other individual. Players earn that on the field. But you shouldn't make assumptions that no one on CAK's team, other than #9, would be worthy of playing for Alcoa someday. As good as Alcoa is they can always use young upcoming players, just like any other team.

Trust me footballdad, i know enough about CAK football to which ones could play there and which ones couldnt. If it aint got a 9, a 92 or a 23 on its chest, dont worry about it. For real though, give us your sons number. Actually, nevermind. I know who you are.

Trust me footballdad, i know enough about CAK football to which ones could play there and which ones couldnt. If it aint got a 9, a 92 or a 23 on its chest, dont worry about it. For real though, give us your sons number. Actually, nevermind. I know who you are.

Happy to hear you know who I am. I doubt we've met but I'd like to meet you. Seriously, come introduce yourself next time you see me, I'm friendly. As I said in an earlier post, I like to hear others opinons and talk football. I'll be happy to point my son out to you in practice. Heck, he may not even be good enough to play at CAK. Sounds like you might have taken my comment about an "Alcoa invite" as boasting or inflammatory in some way. Not the intent at all. Simply making conversation with the Alcoa gang.

Forgive me, I've been out of town so I'm playing catch up on this topic. I want to make sure I understand your point clearly. At first you said only one player who wears a number 9 could play at Alcoa. Now I believe you are saying there are 3 players (9, 92, & 23) that can play at Alcoa. Now given that I haven't read that anyone suggested that their son (or any player for that matter) would take over a current starters position, only that they were invited to be a member of the team, are you suggesting that there are no other players 9th through 12th on the CAK roster that could hold a postition somewhere on the Alcoa roster? If that is your position, you would be saying that other than the 1, no scratch that, 3 players you mentioned, the best player on CAK's roster would pale in comparison to the worst player on Alcoa's roster; and that no coach from Alcoa could possibly like the idea of having a young player to develop either for depth or maybe even a starter somewhere down the line. Is that correct? I appreciate your input since you are clearly an authority on both CAK and Alcoa's players as well as the Alcoa coaches' opinions and who they would and wouldn't consider a nice addition to the depth chart and roster.