CASCADE @ JO BYRNS (1A unbeatens battle)

FridayMainEvent

Game winner  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Game winner

Alright I think I'm finally at a point where I can post like I normally do...

It's past my bedtime so I don't feel like composing my thought in to paragraph form so I'll just spit it out:

* A new curve ball has been thrown in to this sereis...cascade has a new defense (3-5-3 or 3-3-5). From what little I know of the defense, it's better suited to stop spread type offenses like JB. I wonder if the coaching staff decided to go with this D specifically for this game?

* JB's defense is strong. I predicted a shutout last week against WHH and boy was I wrong. A few reason/excuses I have for the 21 points WHH put up on JB: 1. WHH was better than I expected. 2. JB was pumped for the game and their emotions led to poor tackling and a lot of over pursuit. JB was going for the big hit all night and failed to wrap up like they normally do. JB is one of the most sound tackling teams in 1A. I doesn't help matters when you're also missing an all-region defender (from last year) on the edge which is where WHH had a lot of their success.

* cascade has a few big time player makers on offense but their success starts with the QB. To have any great success defensively against cascade, JB will have to get some penetration up front and pressure him. We can't give him time to make plays down the field.

* The JB offense is starting to click. Back to back games of 40 points or more says it all. I think it all begins with turnovers; JB has had 0 the past two games. I said if a few weeks ago and it looks like it's true...most of JB's problems on offense are linked to turnovers. I will say this though, the passing game has started to have some real success lately and we've been able to score on some long pass plays. JB has also had some long runs for TDs as of late as well. It'll be interesting to see how well JB can move the ball against the new cascade defense. From what I understand, JB should be able to run the ball pretty well; we'll see. The stack defense is supposed to stop the run pretty well if your 3 DL are studs.

Well I've got more but that's good for now...

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good post buddy, very good observations as usual on your part. I have been defending Cascade all week and will continiue too but I am very puzzled about how this one shakes out on Friday. Hopefully a great game with no injuries on either side. Are you going to be able to make it to the pregame dinner with all of the Coach T guys in Springfield? See ya Friday.

Don't knock seafood, I've even eaten 'Gator tail. You don't know what you're missin'. And BTW, I didn't care for the movie "Forest Gump" (I think they spelled it with one "E".

I'm correcting myself (surprised one of you didn't do it). Forrest Gump IS with two "R's", he was named after Nathan Bedford . . . .I didn't care for the movie, so I'd forgotten. Ya'll try not to get too far ahead of me today. I can't spend all day on the 'puter.

Good post buddy, very good observations as usual on your part. I have been defending Cascade all week and will continiue too but I am very puzzled about how this one shakes out on Friday. Hopefully a great game with no injuries on either side. Are you going to be able to make it to the pregame dinner with all of the Coach T guys in Springfield? See ya Friday.

To far out of the way on a fixed income, have to get with ya'll at the game.

To far out of the way on a fixed income, have to get with ya'll at the game.

Swing on by, Tex. I'm sure money bags Butchie will take care of your tab. I don't have much money, but I'd be happy to kick in some on it. It'd be worth it just to poke a little fun at ya....... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Actually, I Thought Cascade Was Springing For The Whole Shindig. Him And The Future Coach Of Tennessee.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I may stop by if they're buying /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Although Springfield is a little far. I remember coming (I think) to Springfield for the Blanket Bowl? maybe, several times during the late 60's, early 70's.