Henry County VS Northside

PatsOnTheBack

Then don't be one of us because WE as Henry County fans bleed RED. WE will watch our team no matter who they face. And for that matter, WE will watch our team compete for a state championship in 6a. Yes the competition level will be tougher, but for you to say that we can't compete makes you the foolish one that you speak of. Did you say you coached pop warner football? Because you speak with the logic of a child.

I didn's say Henry County COULDN'T compete. Learn to read! I said being the smallest school in 6A would affect competition. Your friend, the Advisor, said it didn't affect competition. That is a foolish statement. Anyone who follows that lack of logic, is therefore, a fool.

Can't help but jump into this argument somewhat.... yeah, it's a bi*ch that HC is on the low end of the classification stick but some of it also depends on the quality of the overall program and coaching staff. In the pre-Gaddis days, you'll recall that most of the "10% athletics" were roaming the halls or streets while the few die-hard f'ball players were practicing.... the roster was down around 35. Now, we are pushing towards 100!!! Why, we have a coaching staff that brings out the best in the players & program and kids want to play for 'em. When you have lots of kids playing, you CAN have depth. Sure, schools with 100+ more kids have more possible athletes to pick from.... but they've got to want to play! You can probably review the teams/schools on the 6A classification list and throw the majority of them out as uncompetitive due to a lesser quality program/coaching staff. That's why Gaddis exudes his confidence by saying "Bring 'em on!"

I actually agree with most of your post.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to say this:

Henry County WILL compete in 6A, and will be a playoff team. BUT, to say that classification is only a number - that's wrong. You can say that each team lines eleven up on the field - but compare the top 4 seeds in a average 5A region to the top 4 seeds in a strong 2A or 1A region and you'd see the difference. Depth is key.

With that said, let's talk about the NS game. It'll be fun to watch dominique run in the rain - he could possibly have a great game.

How about we get back to what this thread is supposed to be about and you guys go and argue on another thread!!!!!!

I second that motion. Its just so funny to see how dumb some of the logic that is thrown around on these boards, and some people just want to whine about being among the best of the best. Isn't that what we want in all actuality?

Can't help but jump into this argument somewhat.... yeah, it's a bi*ch that HC is on the low end of the classification stick but some of it also depends on the quality of the overall program and coaching staff. In the pre-Gaddis days, you'll recall that most of the "10% athletics" were roaming the halls or streets while the few die-hard f'ball players were practicing.... the roster was down around 35. Now, we are pushing towards 100!!! Why, we have a coaching staff that brings out the best in the players & program and kids want to play for 'em. When you have lots of kids playing, you CAN have depth. Sure, schools with 100+ more kids have more possible athletes to pick from.... but they've got to want to play! You can probably review the teams/schools on the 6A classification list and throw the majority of them out as uncompetitive due to a lesser quality program/coaching staff. That's why Gaddis exudes his confidence by saying "Bring 'em on!"

Awsome post twillie. This is the type logic that comes from a 30 year veteran in the coaching business (as Red Warrior speaks of.)

I just want to say this:

Henry County WILL compete in 6A, and will be a playoff team. BUT, to say that classification is only a number - that's wrong. You can say that each team lines eleven up on the field - but compare the top 4 seeds in a average 5A region to the top 4 seeds in a strong 2A or 1A region and you'd see the difference. Depth is key.

With that said, let's talk about the NS game. It'll be fun to watch dominique run in the rain - he could possibly have a great game.

Sounds good to me.

Then why does almost EVERY state association in the United States classify by ENROLLMENT, and not by talent, quality of coaching, work ethic, etc.. You have NO IDEA what in the ____ you are talking about!

well, if we were even arguing the same point this would make sense. but alas, we're not.

you can have as many people in the school as you want. who cares...talent will either be there or not in addition to the other factors i mentioned.

/end of rant

BACK ON TOPIC!

Ok--so I am totally drained reading this thread--blah,blah, blah. What about JNS?

Yes, unfortunately Martese got hurt pretty bad yesterday--before practice even started. He has two torn ligaments in his ankle. All of our major injuries this year have been self-impossed. We are aggressively rehabing him but I think at least three weeks. My goal is to have him ready to play second round of playoffs if we make it that far--which I fully expect. We take it week to week and will make judgements on a daily basis. He did make sure to get back to the field house for pizza though. I made him eat it while his foot was in "the bucket" I was fired when he got hurt, rehired when no fracture, and now am temporarily laid off until further notice. This job stinks--so unstable Lol! TT's arm is pretty messed up too. We are going to get MRI but are rehabing him now. Thats the injury report for now--hopefully no more!! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Ok--so I am totally drained reading this thread--blah,blah, blah. What about JNS?

Yes, unfortunately Martese got hurt pretty bad yesterday--before practice even started. He has two torn ligaments in his ankle. All of our major injuries this year have been self-impossed. We are aggressively rehabing him but I think at least three weeks. My goal is to have him ready to play second round of playoffs if we make it that far--which I fully expect. We take it week to week and will make judgements on a daily basis. He did make sure to get back to the field house for pizza though. I made him eat it while his foot was in "the bucket" I was fired when he got hurt, rehired when no fracture, and now am temporarily laid off until further notice. This job stinks--so unstable Lol! TT's arm is pretty messed up too. We are going to get MRI but are rehabing him now. Thats the injury report for now--hopefully no more!! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Left Me with a hangover!!!

Reading those kinds on posts reminds me of the words of Clapton "Nobody's Right till Somebody's Wrong".

What about JNS you ask? To steal that same type logic from Slow Hand, I will say Nobody Wins till Somebody Loses! So, JNS needs to put another tic under the L column and Pats mark another under the W come Friday night.

It has the the weather potential to be a sloppy field Friday night. Keep em healthy!!

Hope Martese recovers OK, been there with my son so I know he wants to play but can't till healed.

The WS is on so got to go listen to McCarver explain the nuances of Baseball. Probably leave me with another Hangover!!!!

For those interested, Coach Gaddis will be on channel 50 on cable from 8-9pm. with Murphy Fair and Hope Hines and another coach talking high school football.

Watching it now. Thanks gr8tn08

Good Show!

Sounds like Coach already knows HCHS will be in the same District with the Clarksville teams next year. According to him Pats will have 7 District games and need to PU 3 more.

I liked the ending statement that Friday night was being treated by the team as the Region Championship Game.

Great to see Coach Creazy (sp?) former HC Coach along side of him as Head Coach of 8-0 Trousdale.

Back to WS.

Great post twillie! I had been thinking this exact same way. HC will be fine and will compete, because of our coaching staff and the talent that comes out because of him. Tempers flair when someone makes a comment like "this is horrible" and "may be the last time we compete," it brings out defensive side of Big Red fans!

But the main thing is we are playing Northside tomorrow night and I am anxiously awaiting the Yanker's Thursday prediction. Its almost breakfast time!!! /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Great post twillie! I had been thinking this exact same way. HC will be fine and will compete, because of our coaching staff and the talent that comes out because of him. Tempers flair when someone makes a comment like "this is horrible" and "may be the last time we compete," it brings out defensive side of Big Red fans!

But the main thing is we are playing Northside tomorrow night and I am anxiously awaiting the Yanker's Thursday prediction. Its almost breakfast time!!! /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

The YANKER is here!!! My predictions last week were the correct point spread...but about a touchdown off. This week will go like this...although the weather may play a role that this YANKER will not consider...HC 41-Northside 0...Hardin County 42-JCM 13...I AM THE YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!