Where are your former athletes playing in college?

inglewood

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oops sorry I forgot that they were I-AA now they were still I-A when I went there. Do you want me to add it to the other list or will you

Unfortunately, they are not on the roster. As soon as I see the names posted, I will be more than happy to add them to the list.

http://www.apsugovernors.com/SportSelect.d...amp;SPSID=85868

Unfortunately, they are not on the roster. As soon as I see the names posted, I will be more than happy to add them to the list.

http://www.apsugovernors.com/SportSelect.d...amp;SPSID=85868

I'm not sure why they are not on the roster. It might be because they both were red shirted. They have both been practicing with the team and dressing for home games but not traveling. I will definitely be talking with them to see what is going on with the roster.

I'm not sure why they are not on the roster. It might be because they both were red shirted. They have both been practicing with the team and dressing for home games but not traveling. I will definitely be talking with them to see what is going on with the roster.

I am guessing that they are probably squad players if they are red-shirting as freshman. Some schools list them below the numbered roster or give them double numbers to be on the roster. Some schools just don't list them. I'm sure they will be on there next year. I hope they stick with it. That would give the soon to be reclassified 5-1A five players playing major college football. It's hard to beat that.

More interesting facts- The cities with the most D-I football players: Memphis (68), Nashville (33), Knoxville (22), Murfreesboro (12), and Brentwood (12).

Broke down into the 3 parts of the state: West (121 players), Middle (100 players), and East (61 players).

Schools with the most players playing D-I: Briarcrest Christian (10), Brentwood Academy (9), Christian Brothers (8), and Riverdale, Farragut, Whitehaven, White Station, and Germantown all have 7.

Schools that have never had a Tennessean on the roster in the 10 years I have made this list:

ACC-Boston College, Maryland; Big 12- Baylor, Texas Tech, Texas A&M; Big East- UCONN, PIttsburgh, Rutgers, South Florida; Big 10- Iowa, Minnesota; C-USA- Houston, Rice, Tulane, UTEP; MAC- Akron, Central Michigan, Eastern Michigan, Temple, Western Michigan; Mountain West- BYU, San Diego St., Utah, Wyoming; Pac-10- Arizona St., Oregon St., Washington, Washington St.; SEC- All schools have had at least 1 Tennessean on their roster; Sun Belt- Fla Atl, LA-Lafayette, North Texas; WAC- Boise St., Fresno St., Hawaii, Nevada, New Mexico St., San Jose St., Utah St.

Alcoa:

Randall Cobb- Kentucky

Brandon Warren- Tennessee

Kyrus Lanxter- Kentucky

Logan Love- Tennessee

Rae Sykes- Coffeyville, KS CC (Tennessee next year)

Joei Fiegler- Georgia Military College (UAB next year)

Martin White- Austin Peay

Dustin Lindsey- West Georgia

Chris Shiverdecker- Carson- Newman

Darrell Tate- Maryville

Brandon Brewer- Maryville

Corey Brewer- Maryville

Cody Marsh- Maryville

*Brian Sommer- UT-Martin

* Played 3 1/4 seasons at Alcoa

Alcoa:

Randall Cobb- Kentucky

Brandon Warren- Tennessee

Kyrus Lanxter- Kentucky

Logan Love- Tennessee

Rae Sykes- Coffeyville, KS CC (Tennessee next year)

Joei Fiegler- Georgia Military College (UAB next year)

Martin White- Austin Peay

Dustin Lindsey- West Georgia

Chris Shiverdecker- Carson- Newman

Darrell Tate- Maryville

Brandon Brewer- Maryville

Corey Brewer- Maryville

Cody Marsh- Maryville

*Brian Sommer- UT-Martin

Appreciate all of the info, however, the post says DIVISION I PLAYERS. All of the above that are playing D-I are on the above list. Brian Sommer and Martin White are on the D-IAA list. Rae Sykes isn't listed on the current Coffeyville CC roster, I don't know what the situation is with him.

* Played 3 1/4 seasons at Alcoa