USJ, A force to be reckoned with this year?

baseballordie

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

USJ will NOT be a "force to be reckoned" with this year...at least in district competition. Outside of their district they should do very well, just as they have done in the past. Coach Russell will keep them competitive from game to game, but I would be surprised if they won a district game this year. There is only so much you can do when you are out-sized and out-manned at every position on the floor. By all accounts, they are a single A school playing up in a sport where one on one, athletic ability is paramount. If USJ was in single A last year, I believe they would've made a strong run towards the state tournament. Not having Torstrick will hurt, especially since there will be no physical presence in the middle when the opposition's guards undoubtedly beat their man off the dribble. This year could be tough once again in district play. The good news is that the future looks bright for USJ for two reasons: First of all, their move to division II next year will benefit them greatly and, two, their freshman and sophomore classes will have a lot to do with bringing the basketball program back to what it once was. They still need to develop a post player, I think, but with the style of offense they run, it's not a necessity, especially going division II. I think Mayhall and Winslow are two players that should develop nicely over the next two years and Vargason also understands the game. If Butler can get physically stronger, that core should be very productive in the next few years. I think USJ's track record has proven that they will give their best effort mentally and physically in any game they play. Good luck on the upcoming season!

Brackeen will never see the floor? You know nothing more than the kids names. All of the Sophomores and three of their freshmen will play before him?????

Well i guess will just have to see and my bet is that he will play alot may not start but he will see much playing time. As hard as this kid works; he will make sure he will.

I'll ignore your last little comment, since you are obviously a kid, yet I will ask this.......other than Miller (who can play), exactly what guards this year do you have that you did not have last year?

Excuse me, but since we have practically no post players on the team, ( I believe that you have said that ) won't every new player be a new guard?

I still do not understand why you described me as "ballin".

Wasn't talking about you.....was talking about kid that was going to "outball" me.

Excuse me, but since we have practically no post players on the team, ( I believe that you have said that ) won't every new player be a new guard?

I never said that, but you do have a good point.

Wasn't talking about you.....was talking about kid that was going to "outball" me.

I never said that, but you do have a good point.

I guess you can't come up with anything else to talk about because you're getting out played in the word game. This is not J.R. Glover. I happen to know J.R. and he wouldn't be on here talkin about himself. But you believe whatever you want for clearly you are a narrow-minded man.

I guess you can't come up with anything else to talk about because you're getting out played in the word game. This is not J.R. Glover. I happen to know J.R. and he wouldn't be on here talkin about himself. But you believe whatever you want for clearly you are a narrow-minded man.

I am a woman.